What do we have to do to keep guys?

How is it a false premise? I brought up three different examples of other power 5 schools where it doesn't happen as much. Bama, USC and Stanford all of whom have been much more successful than us in the past 15 years. Fact is, all schools lose kids, we just seem to lose them more than anyone else I can think of.

Advertisement
^^^
What are you talking about? Didn't Amari Cooper and Derrick Henry both declare early? Didn't Christian McCaffrey declare early?

^^^
What are you talking about? Didn't Amari Cooper and Derrick Henry both declare early? Didn't Christian McCaffrey declare early?

Those are premier picks, projected in the first or second round. That's not what the OP is referring to and IMO it's a legitimate topic. The Canes recently lose a bizarre percentage of second and third tier guys who turn pro when it makes more sense to return. I can't think of another school with the same plague, although admittedly I haven't studied it.

We don't manage preseason ranking but in terms of guys leaving early we're always near the top. That is ridiculous, in fact it shouldn't be possible.

Something is going on and needs to be addressed. You can't have coincidence year after year, from one coaching staff to another.

People are pulling assumptions out of their asses, including the OP.

Do the research and then show me where this happens more at Miami than other schools. Then I'll believe it. Throwing out 3-4 names proves nothing.

I think when you sell NFLU, this is kinda the byproduct unfortunately. Some guys have their eye on the league the whole time not even trying to contribute or grind (Olivier Vernon comes to mind), alot of south florida guys just want to shine no matter what draft grade they get and want to get paid asap (you can use alot but lets go with Tommy Streeter here), etc.

You better be a dam good recruiter here because if you sell NFLU as one of your main pitches you will get players who are drawn for that reason, once they get any buzz or anything they are good as gone. Look at Kaaya, you would think with his family support system and them being relatively well off he would stay, but nah. Cant have it both ways tho, so I respect the decisions and wish them all well

Advertisement
Attention assclowns

Proof positive that this only happens in Miami:

"Of the record 107 underclassmen who declared early for the 2016 NFL Draft, 30 were left undrafted, including notable players like Mississippi State wide receiver De'Runnya Wilson, Ohio State safety Tyvis Powell and Indiana defensive tackle Darius Latham.
The 30 undrafted underclassmen is six more than last season, but the trend has been positive over the past three seasons.
In 2014, 39.2 percent of underclassmen who declared early went undrafted. That number decreased to 28.6 percent in the 2015 NFL Draft and 28 percent this year. Those numbers are higher than ideal, but are trending in the right direction."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbss...fted-but-trend-is-positive/amp/?client=safari

Try harder OP.

Before this year, I understood why they would want to leave early. They weren't getting"coached up". They saw an opportunity to get that coaching and adios. Kaaya's decision is puzzling, because we know he was getting the coaching he needed. Maybe behind closed doors, CMR told him it would be best for him to leave now, I don't know. His decision to leave made less sense than the ones before him, though.

We lost two kids early to the draft. VT just lost their QB to the draft after 1 year as a starter. Same with UNC. That's just in our division.

Last edited:
I have no problem at all with these guys declaring early. The more guys we have leaving early, the more guys will want to come here because they see if you come to Miami you will be an NFLer

Advertisement
this is completely the wrong attitude

Says the fruit pop with the "NFL U" avatar

Don't you see grown folk talkin?

No, I see a bunch of soccer moms.

Then why you scared of soccer moms with your hiding behind ten screen names ***?

Ten screen names, huh? Please list out all of my other screen names in between your Hooked on Phonics sessions.

Advertisement
Back