What did Butch Davis accomplish at UNC?

Herman22

Band
Banned
I didn't follow UNC or Butch at the time but I have some memories.

Didn't he get them ranked top 10 for two years or something with a lot of talented players? I think I remeber they had back to back seasons where they opened the season vs LSU and actually almost beat LSU with a ton of players suspended? I really need someone to refresh my memory.

Also rememeber they had a ton of talented guys he recruitted but am not sure. Giovonni Beonard? Hakeem NIicks, Marvin Austin DT, Bruce Carter LB, Coples DE????

Were all these players recruited by Butch?

Also it is true that Todd Gurley was commited to UNC because of BUtch but then later decommited when he was fired?

Tell me everything you know about BUtch and UNC.

THanks./

Advertisement
I know they lead the ACC in first round draft picks for like 8 years. Imagine that. If he can get more 1st rounders than FSU with UNC then imagine having him on our side in 2015 with no scholarships missing and better facilities. This has to happen.

The defense he was getting to take to the field before the scandal broke out was just ridiculous. He assembled some sick defensive talent the likes of that school will never see again.

As designated Herman jock sniffer, why are you posing here about
why not wiki butch or google him; that might give you what you need to know...

WARNING: OP is a troll. Says he doesn't remember, yet he does remember.

Advertisement
North Carolina is a joke at football lol.
Its a basketball school. Unbelievable the talent he brought in and the 3 star talents that the master high school talented evalutor brought in to go to be drafted. He coached em up. U c as nt expect him to win anything in a school like unc

North Carolina is a joke at football lol.
Its a basketball school. Unbelievable the talent he brought in and the 3 star talents that the master high school talented evalutor brought in to go to be drafted. He coached em up. U c as nt expect him to win anything in a school like unc

I'm not bashing him at all. I'm generally curious. I have vague memories.

Agree With OP he didn't do a **** thing... He hired ****** coordinators and underachieved with an NFL team

Advertisement
Agree With OP he didn't do a **** thing... He hired ****** coordinators and underachieved with an NFL team

Com'on Vern, you know he almost beat LSU with a third string roster after starters were decimated by NCAA.

WTF, I'm generally curious. It was a while ago and I didn't follow UNC closely like that.

Can anyone cofirm about GUrley/

OP is acting like a ******* idiot. Intentionally. Isn't that called trolling?

I suggest some time in thunderdome to help him sort out his inability to conform with societal norms.

Com'on Vern, you know he almost beat LSU with a third string roster after starters were decimated by NCAA.
Bruh i remember that 2009 team like it was yesterday

I lost money betting on BUtch cane into the season ranked # 20 and lost dam near every ACC game except when he played us finished 8-5 with no suspensions

Advertisement
He choked against FSU that year at home... Horrible play calling horrible decisions his team was more talented and loss I could tell u i no longer considered him a gr at coach after that year he has to has far superior talent to win

OP is trolling. Let's nip this in the bud mods.

Gorlden is gone. Let's return CiS to it's proper station.

Advertisement
Well he owned Miami, I know that much.

We dominated them they won off pick sixes thrown by jacory, yall muffugas truly live in the past gonna act like butch didn't under achieve at North Carolina **** Mack brown dominated there and butch couldn't win ****

Well he owned Miami, I know that much.

We dominated them they won off pick sixes thrown by jacory, yall muffugas truly live in the past gonna act like butch didn't under achieve at North Carolina **** Mack brown dominated there and butch couldn't win ****

They beat us in 2007, 2008, and 2009. Jacory wasn't starter until 2009. The only time we beat them while Butch was there was during the 2010 year when half the team was suspended.

And wouldn't you think they had crappy coordinators under Butch might be because UNC isn't a football school so they wouldn't pay coordinators big money? They had a lot of close loses in that 2009 season and a crappy QB. Nobody wanted to see that 2010 team and full strength though. They would have dominated the league.

Advertisement
Back