What Constitutes Oversigning?

The difference is, Miami 30 classes are sandwiched in between 2 small classes. And in '08, something like 6 of those guys never made it. So it wasn't even 30. Only 27 or 28 made it in and a handful of those counted towards the previous year. Bama and Auburn on the other hand, treat the 25 number as the minimum amount of kids they take every single year. Only the idiots that don't understand how EE's work will look at one class and claim it to be oversigning.

Advertisement
The difference is, Miami 30 classes are sandwiched in between 2 small classes. And in '08, something like 6 of those guys never made it. So it wasn't even 30. Only 27 or 28 made it in and a handful of those counted towards the previous year. Bama and Auburn on the other hand, treat the 25 number as the minimum amount of kids they take every single year. Only the idiots that don't understand how EE's work will look at one class and claim it to be oversigning.

Except Bama was less than 25 last year. Ya'll FOS.

How many other years has Saban been below 25? Like I said, put your classes up and we'll compare them to Miami's and we'll see who's oversigning.

Bama's had players leave early for NFL, players that couldn't cut it academically ('zo Lawrence) but especially displine-wise. Not ever kid that signed got in academically (most recently Casey Gladney).

The idea that Bama's just hauling in 30+ players every class is ludicrous. Auburn has had players turmoil but I'll let someone else chime on that. Speaking of which UGA is dangerously lower on their 85-count. That's the other side of things.

Advertisement
lulz, the 2 years before that you were at 29 and 27. So one year, Saban signs 22, every other year you have more than 25. But Miami is oversigning. BTW, we had a class of 16 count for the 2011 class. Until we made up for it this year and "oversigned". The year before the '08 class we had 18. And the year after we had 19. Thanks for trying.

Bama's had players leave early for NFL, players that couldn't cut it academically ('zo Lawrence) but especially displine-wise. Not ever kid that signed got in academically (most recently Casey Gladney).

The idea that Bama's just hauling in 30+ players every class is ludicrous. Auburn has had players turmoil but I'll let someone else chime on that. Speaking of which UGA is dangerously lower on their 85-count. That's the other side of things.

So what about Justin Thomas and Phillon? Two kids who were committed to you for a long time gets pushed out cuz Saban signed two DTs on NSD and oversigned. Pretty ****ed up and its laughable how Bama fans take shots at every school for processing kids but never see anything wrong with Bama doing it.

Advertisement
Why are there rival fans on this site? Did you guys just bring scout with you when you started this? I could see letting some guy son and them knoing they are on a short leash but this clown is too much! Guy, you are a tool and have absolutely no right making the comments you are without backing them up with fact! Which you have failed to do. I would boot you on that alone! Just look at the numbers it is pretty basic math!

Justin Thomas wanted to play wr, and decommitted from Bama several months ago (he committed to Gtech, but I suspect they're going to put him at wr long-term). Bama fans don't take shots at "processing", you must have my fanbase confused with UGA folks.

If Saban pushed out inferior talent, then Pelon Jones and Brandon Gibson would've never lasted as long as they did. Ditto Tyler Love.

Oh, because Miami didn't just have the most Juniors declare for the NFL draft this past year?

Yeah, quit a few that's laughable.

So you have you nothing, which is what you're saying. Go ahead and show me those classes, other than the one year, where you actually signed less than 25 to make up for you oversigning every single other year. Show me that you didn't sign well over 100 players in a 4 year period. Show me how bad Miami is when, despite our "oversigning" in the '08 class, we still had one year where we only had about 78 scholarship players in 2010.

Why are there rival fans on this site? Did you guys just bring scout with you when you started this? I could see letting some guy son and them knoing they are on a short leash but this clown is too much! Guy, you are a tool and have absolutely no right making the comments you are without backing them up with fact! Which you have failed to do. I would boot you on that alone! Just look at the numbers it is pretty basic math!

Except that math is not basic in the first place. Too many variables (as I've mentioned) involved.

Advertisement
Yes disregard my other post on the whys.

Oh, because Miami didn't just have the most Juniors declare for the NFL draft this past year?

Yeah, quit a few that's laughable.

So you have you nothing, which is what you're saying. Go ahead and show me those classes, other than the one year, where you actually signed less than 25 to make up for you oversigning every single other year. Show me that you didn't sign well over 100 players in a 4 year period. Show me how bad Miami is when, despite our "oversigning" in the '08 class, we still had one year where we only had about 78 scholarship players in 2010.

lol yea, too many variables like how many kids you have your team doctors lie to and tell them that there careers are over, when they are perfectly fine to play.

Advertisement
Can you at least give me a few names of these supposedly "healthy" players.

24.gif

Interdasting

[h=2]Alabama’s March to 85 – 2011[/h] Right on queue, just a couple of days after the SEC meetings in Destin where the SEC presidents voted to place a soft cap on the annual signing limits, which by the way does only a little to stop oversigning (the loopholes for counting back and forward still exist and there is nothing to stop a coach who has 16 openings from signing 25 and going over by 9, but we digress), the transfers are starting to pile up at Alabama. No better time to put up the March to 85 for Alabama.
The real issue is that these transfers are coming after spring ball. With an oversigned roster, you bring in the new players like Trey DePriest to compete against Petey Smith and Dee Hart to compete against Corey Grant and Demetrius Goode, look to see how everything stacks up, and then after spring tell certain players they will never see playing time. The extra pressure the oversigning puts on the roster and the fact that no matter what, when a coach oversigns in February, someone will have to leave the team to avoid NCAA rules. The loophole is that certain coaches have found that they can use the spring to further evaluate players and make decisions. This is gaming the system and it is forcing kids to downgrade their athletic and academic careers simply because a coach needs to get down to 85.

[h=2]2011 The March to 85 - Alabama[/h]
Glenn HarbinDefensive LineDecided to play baseball; Link
Demetrius GoodeRunning BackTransfer to North Alabama; Link
Petey SmithLinebackerTransfer to Holems CC; Link
Brandon MooreDefensive LinemanTransfer to East Mississippi Community College; Link
Corey GrantRunning BackTransfer to Auburn; Link
Keiwone MaloneWide ReceiverTransfer to Memphis; Link
Robby GreenDefensive BackTransfer to California University of Pennsylvania ; Link
Darrington SentimoreDefensive LinemanTransfer to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Link
Arron DouglasOffensive LinemanDied during offseason; RIP, hate having to list him here.
Kerry MurphyDefensive LineMedical Hardship
Kendall KellyDefensive BackMedical Hardship
Wes NeighborsDefensive BackMedical Hardship

[h=2]2010 The March to 85 - Alabama[/h]
Terry GrantRunning BackScholarship not renewed
Travis SikesWide ReceiverScholarship not renewed
Rod WoodsonSafetyScholarship not renewed
Star JacksonQuarterbackTransfer, Georgia State Div 1AA.
Deion BelueDefensive BackAcademically Ineligible; headed to JUCO
Alfy HillLinebackerAcademically Ineligible; future unknown
Taylor PharrOffensive LinemanMedical Hardship
Milton TalbertLinebackerMedical Hardship
Darius McKellerOffensive LinemanMedical Hardship
Ronnie CarswellWide ReceiverGreyshirt
Wilson LoveDefensive EndGreyshirt

But yea, it's Miami that does the oversigning because once every 5 years we sign over 25 players. Keep digging your head into the sand and come up with some more excuses like "our practices are really, really hard."

Advertisement
Back