What Constitutes Oversigning?

This discussion is pointless.

The only real measure of 'over-signing' is whether you have kids out there who feel ****ed over as a result of being denied a spot or squeezed out. Every program has transfers and non-quals. Some have kids who leave early, or fail out, or get hurt. If a lot of kids redshirt, that uses up space on the 85 man roster relative to having fewer redshirts. At the end of the day, you cannot look at one class and conclude anything about it, save the situation where a staff signs > 25 when it has no one to count backwards. In that case, it knows some won't get in. But even then, it may have pre-discussed grey-shirting with one or more kids. Ultimately, if kids are getting ****ed over by a HC, HS coaches will end up finding out.

Advertisement
But yea, it's Miami that does the oversigning because once every 5 years we sign over 25 players. Keep digging your head into the sand and come up with some more excuses like "our practices are really, really hard."

Of those med.s, how many went on to play successfully at other schools? There lies your answer.

The real culprit is schollie limits.

Only at Bama is an ACL tear a career ending injury. Meanwhile, Frank Gore blows out both knees, while at Miami, and still comes back to play and goes on to become an NFL pro bowler. But I guess since Bama's practices are so hard, it's a new kind of ACL tear that doesn't happen anywhere else.

But yea, it's Miami that does the oversigning because once every 5 years we sign over 25 players. Keep digging your head into the sand and come up with some more excuses like "our practices are really, really hard."

Of those med.s, how many went on to play successfully at other schools? There lies your answer.

Are you denying that there is such a thing as over-signing, claiming there is but Alabama isn't guilty of it, claiming there is but Alabama may or may not be guilty of it but people don't know for sure, or just flailing around here?

Who the **** said anything about them being good? Matter of fact, that just proves my point even more that you get rid of kids that suck(under the lies that they can't play anymore) to make room for the incoming guys. I'd have more respect for Saban if he just manned up and said "we don't want you anymore" rather than having your team doctors flat out lie to kids and tell them their careers are over.

Advertisement

Who the **** said anything about them being good? Matter of fact, that just proves my point even more that you get rid of kids that suck(under the lies that they can't play anymore) to make room for the incoming guys. I'd have more respect for Saban if he just manned up and said "we don't want you anymore" rather than having your team doctors flat out lie to kids and tell them their careers are over.

What evidence is there of that? All I've seen is some players delusional enough to think they can still contribute at that level, nevermind they didn't turned down the med schollie (only exception I can think of was Zeke Knight).

You haven't posted one god**** thing that proves any of this to be wrong, and I'm the one flailing. You get owned in these conversations time and time again, then act like you've never seen any of the **** I posted. Which is the reason you won't post those classes, because you know **** well those numbers will obliterate the number of kids Miami has brought in and you'll end up having to run for more excuses on why you "had" to bring in that many players in. As if being allowed to sign 100 players in a 4 year period, 15 more than you're allowed to carry on the roster, isn't enough to account for medical hardships and transfers. You're a joke.

Advertisement
Back