What Are Your Expectations For 2024?

Advertisement
10+ wins is the expectation. Point blank.

Not 9 wins. Not 8 wins. Not seeing an “improved team.”

Win 10 games or GTFO of my face. It’s really simple
It is perplexing...

Won 7 last year.
- Should have been 8 but Mario lost us GT.
- Really should have been 9, but Mario got out bro-balled against Schiano sitting on the lead when we were up, totally missing the punt block team, etc.
- TVD clearly got us all other losses according to CIS...

Yet.... 10 wins is too much to ask for with Cam and Mario adapting to the portal...

10 wins or GTFO...

Lose to G5 Billy as he is known around here, and GTFO...

One must be a mope to have such low expectations of Miami and Mario to expect to win less than 10...

Anything less than 10-2 AND an ACC Championship is unacceptable. This is Mario's 3rd year, he has had unlimited resources, we have a fairly easy schedule (again), so time to win this year or it's never going to happen

Based on the last 20 plus years my expectations are zero. Too much primadonna hype, self proclaimed players who are the answer along with entitlement and all about me attitudes. Nah I guess my expectation is SOS.

Advertisement
I do have high expectations
I expect this team to see Georgia, Texas or Ohio State at some point in the playoff

3rd biggest reason - I think we will have a formidable DL and we will finally be putting steady pressure to the QB’s

I think those of you that think playoffs are likely overdoing it. Playoff teams generally have years of foundation, development, and roster building. And they generally have lots of NFL talent. We can't say either one of those things about us. (Hopefully soon we can.)

I think those of you that think playoffs are likely overdoing it. Playoff teams generally have years of foundation, development, and roster building. And they generally have lots of NFL talent. We can't say either one of those things about us. (Hopefully soon we can.)
Playoff teams are teams that will win almost all of their games on the schedule. Remember the playoff is expanded this year. Our schedule sucks and we have the best player at the most important position in the game.

Advertisement
FSU was basically a playoff team and they were literally thrown together by the transfer portal.

Texas had 2 strong recruiting classes under Sark and a transfer QB, 2 transfer WRs, and transfer TE.

DeBoer was at Washington for 2 years.

All of those teams also had 'THE' QB. And I, like many, believe Cam Ward is 'THE' QB.

Yes the Ohio St, UGA, Bama, Michigans, are teams that have been building and developing. This is true. However there are multiple examples in the new world of CFB, of teams piecing together players via the portal, and having a run. That's exactly what Ole Miss is trying to do.

You're also forgetting that this year is a 12 team CFP. Which means there are multiple ways for UM to get in.

FSU was basically a playoff team and they were literally thrown together by the transfer portal.

Texas had 2 strong recruiting classes under Sark and a transfer QB, 2 transfer WRs, and transfer TE.

DeBoer was at Washington for 2 years.

All of those teams also had 'THE' QB. And I, like many, believe Cam Ward is 'THE' QB.

Yes the Ohio St, UGA, Bama, Michigans, are teams that have been building and developing. This is true. However there are multiple examples in the new world of CFB, of teams piecing together players via the portal, and having a run. That's exactly what Ole Miss is trying to do.

You're also forgetting that this year is a 12 team CFP. Which means there are multiple ways for UM to get in.
I dunno if Cam is the qb but agreed. One thing for sure is, if you have a play making qb you always have a punchers chance.

Advertisement
1000001496.jpg

Here is more justification for my own personal expectations. It’s the schedule vs our (on paper) talent and coaching.

Dave is one of the smartest dudes out here. This is his 2024 EoS, which he defines as “ease of schedule”. It’s basically strength of schedule, but he explains basically if Oregon and Kansas had the same exact 12 game schedule, Oregon would have the much higher “Ease of Schedule” because they’re more talented with a better staff.

So this isn’t saying Miami has the #4 easiest schedule. He’s saying he examined everyone’s schedule and relative to who you are (your talent and coaching), there are the 10 easiest schedules.

Again….not winning 10 is a failure. Hard stop.

Double digit wins anything less is a failure-

Schedule is very favorable-

We have more talent than we’ve had in years-

We have a QB after years of trying to find the one-

Year 3 for MC he needs to start winning consistently anything less is a fail imo.

Advertisement
Ward throws 25 tds and runs in a couple

Martinez goes for 900+ and 5-7 td

Restrepo gets 1k

A young WR steps it up (jojo)

The OL doesn’t take much of a step back

Defense is more of a question mark but I think you could expect;

A young DT showing flashes
Kiko has all acc season
Opposing offenses will throw deep on us alot
Bain will kill

My true expectations based on what SHOULD happen (talent, coaching, etc) is a playoff appearance and maybe even a win. Maybe send out a 1st round pick.

My true expectations based on history and my knowledge of this team is 9-3.

Florida is a must win.

Agree, with regards to the 4 team playoff.

No longer the case. No excuses...

Playoff teams are teams that will win almost all of their games on the schedule. Remember the playoff is expanded this year. Our schedule sucks and we have the best player at the most important position in the game.
Fair point. I forgot the playoffs are expanded this season. That said, this team isn’t on the level of most teams I’ve seen in the playoff like Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, LSU, even OU, that had the benefit of years of top recruiting.

I do think competition is a little watered down so who knows.

Advertisement
Back