What Are Your Expectations For 2024?

I didn't say the last 20 years have to do with the team. I said it had to do with the expectations. Quite frankly, the last 20 years DO mean **** when it comes to EXPECTATIONS. FSU has owned us the last few years. Now that doesn't count because we got Cam Ward and some other players in the portal? I've heard this "on paper" sheeit for the last 20 years. I've heard "We're Back!" after the ND game only to fizzle out. We're good on paper now, so we just disregard the last 20 years. Cool. Awesome logic.

There's also a difference between wanting and expecting, which I mentioned in my previous comment. The folks who EXPECT to win the ACC and host a playoff game are setting themselves up to be angry, which would be incredibly stupid if we end the year 10-3 because 10-3 would tie our best season over the past 20+. You want to expect what you wrote, that's fine. You can pay for the "Fire Mario" banner to fly around Hard Rock with the other guys on here who scream "unacceptable" to anything less than a natty.
I never said fire Mario if he doesn't meet my expectations lol if we go 10-3, and don't win the ACC, that means Clemson or FSU or NC St or Louisvillle had a better year than us and won the ACC. Would that be a disappointment? Abso-*******-lutely. Mario and this program didn't go and get the top transfer QB, top transfer RB, a top portal WR, a top portal DT and other good players to add to this roster, just to not win the ACC AT LEAST. Get the CFP home game against a lesser opponent and win that game.

There's a difference than those expectations and winning a Natty. Stop jumping to conclusions

Advertisement
10 wins regardless of injuries. Mario has had a chance to build this roster including depth for injuries like everybody has to deal with. I expect him to win games even if Cam gets hurt and he has to adjust his game plan for the backup QB. Time to earn his money as head COACH (not talent acquisition manager).

See, Glad you acknowledge the very-very real possibility, nay, probability that Cam and other key players will get hurt - I say early and often - and where we differ is in that Mario's coaching and "meddling" will keep us right in mids.

I have zero confidence that this paper tiger will adjust.

I LOVE this roster, I just ain't counting on getting through any significant portion of the season unscathed and then the wheels wobble BADLY at least.

We're built to win if healthy and I don't think we have the depth across the board to yet to overcome it; hence even an 8-4 season would be great, if we again keep the loss margins close and don't lose to Ball State ro FAMU. I expect a possible L with EVERY other team, regardless of our roster and howtrash each other team supposedly is.

See, Glad you acknowledge the very-very real possibility, nay, probability that Cam and other key players will get hurt - I say early and often - and where we differ is in that Mario's coaching and "meddling" will keep us right in mids.

I have zero confidence that this paper tiger will adjust.

I LOVE this roster, I just ain't counting on getting through any significant portion of the season unscathed and then the wheels wobble BADLY at least.

We're built to win if healthy and I don't think we have the depth across the board to yet to overcome it; hence even an 8-4 season would be great, if we again keep the loss margins close and don't lose to Ball State ro FAMU. I expect a possible L with EVERY other team, regardless of our roster and howtrash each other team supposedly is.
Mario needs to let our coaches coach. Let Cam and others do their thing. If this happens and we stay healthy, I hope we're MUCH IMPROVED over last Season. Go Canes 🏈

So I have been listening to a lot of peoples(YouTubers) after spring top 25 and most of them say something along the lines of Miami has a top ten roster but coaching may hold them back. So I have no expectations but Mario has to exceed that 9.5 Vegas win total to dispel any doubts on his coaching ability. Preferably, he has to win the ACC and make the playoffs with a good showing. The team has to look prepared to play every week or the narrative will be that Mario squandered top ten talent and every year after this it becomes more and more difficult for him to acquire talent.

Advertisement
sad black and white GIF

So I have been listening to a lot of peoples(YouTubers) after spring top 25 and most of them say something along the lines of Miami has a top ten roster but coaching may hold them back. So I have no expectations but Mario has to exceed that 9.5 Vegas win total to dispel any doubts on his coaching ability. Preferably, he has to win the ACC and make the playoffs with a good showing. The team has to look prepared to play every week or the narrative will be that Mario squandered top ten talent and every year after this it becomes more and more difficult for him to acquire talent.
man if miami won 5, 7 and 9 in the first three years with mario w this roster would be equal to Randy Shannon

Have to think likely wins are: GeoTacky, fAm, ball state, usf, vrt, cal, dook, wake, sycau.
That's 9.

Advertisement
I never said fire Mario if he doesn't meet my expectations lol if we go 10-3, and don't win the ACC, that means Clemson or FSU or NC St or Louisvillle had a better year than us and won the ACC. Would that be a disappointment? Abso-*******-lutely. Mario and this program didn't go and get the top transfer QB, top transfer RB, a top portal WR, a top portal DT and other good players to add to this roster, just to not win the ACC AT LEAST. Get the CFP home game against a lesser opponent and win that game.

There's a difference than those expectations and winning a Natty. Stop jumping to conclusions
Failed expectations lead to some fans calling for coach's heads. It's happened time and time again. I don't have the time to sift through all your past posts to see if you've ever mentioned the phrase "fire Mario" in the past or not. Quite honestly, I don't care enough. My points are valid. You and I are really not very far apart either, other than being hung up on the word expectation....which to be fair, I have a problem with. I've heard the drunken dildough fans in the parking lot after stupid losses screaming words like "unacceptable" or "fireable" or "not up to expectations." They've become worn out clichés in my mind and sometimes I get triggered by them.

Should we win the ACC this year? Sure I guess. Do I expect them to? Eh....I'm gun shy on that. So maybe it's me, not you. Can we still be friends though?

Failed expectations lead to some fans calling for coach's heads. It's happened time and time again. I don't have the time to sift through all your past posts to see if you've ever mentioned the phrase "fire Mario" in the past or not. Quite honestly, I don't care enough. My points are valid. You and I are really not very far apart either, other than being hung up on the word expectation....which to be fair, I have a problem with. I've heard the drunken dildough fans in the parking lot after stupid losses screaming words like "unacceptable" or "fireable" or "not up to expectations." They've become worn out clichés in my mind and sometimes I get triggered by them.

Should we win the ACC this year? Sure I guess. Do I expect them to? Eh....I'm gun shy on that. So maybe it's me, not you. Can we still be friends though?
There's a part of me that wants to expect less and not set myself up for hurt. Oh I get it. If we win 8-9 games, that would be very UM of us.

And no this is CIS. Ain't no friends here.

lol Yes. Of course 🤝

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody knows how this season will turn out.

How often is the preseason top 25 accurate? You are lucky if half the teams are still in the top 25 at year's end.

What is the outlook if Cam Ward gets hurt?

What if we have a rash of injuries?

We have the roster to legit say we can win 10+ games. Hope it works out this way!

But I am ready for anything from 5 wins to undefeated.

anything less that 10 wins and a place in the 12 team playoff is a failure.

If it doesn't happen then I'll be worried that the people putting up the big bucks for NIL might see that all their hard work signing top kids is for naught and might be as long as Mario is here and their money might be better spent elsewhere.

What are y'all expectations for this upcoming 2024 season?

I've wanted to temper my expectations for this year cause the fear of being let down this year would probably be the worst since 2003?

However, it would be smooth brain to ignore the absolute upside an elite QB brings to a team that had shown offensive improvement last year, while leaving too much meat on the bone(pause?).

Historically, Guidrys defenses take a jump in year 2. There may be multiple question marks in the secondary, but this could be our best pass rush group since 2020.

In recent days on CIS, there have been talks about 'patience', 'just win now', 'top 10 offense', 'soft schedule.'

So throwing those buzzwords out the window, what are y'all expectations?

Obviously, context matters, so just assume we're healthy.

For me, anything less than an ACC Championship and a CFP home game would be a let down.
We MUST have 10 wins, and in the hunt for CFB playoffs!!

Nobody knows how this season will turn out.
True
How often is the preseason top 25 accurate?
Literally never

What is the outlook if Cam Ward gets hurt?
We get to see how well Mario recruited and coached the QB room. Is he really a QB killer or was TVD an aberration?
What if we have a rash of injuries?
The usual
We have the roster to legit say we can win 10+ games. Hope it works out this way!
Yeah
But I am ready for anything from 5 wins to undefeated.
Pitch fork and crow already purchased.

Advertisement
Back