Off-Topic What are you listening to?

Advertisement
Front row, I watched Korn live at Earth Day Birth Day 2011(?).

I feel like the bassist from Korn learned from Entwistle lol.

I’ve listened to Korn sporadically but I’m gonna check out their bassist now. See if he has any solos on YouTube. I know Entwistle inspired a ton of bass players.

He could sing really well, too. Definitely could’ve been the lead singer in a band. He only sung a few songs for The Who but they’re among my favorites.

I’ve listened to Korn sporadically but I’m gonna check out their bassist now. See if he has any solos on YouTube. I know Entwistle inspired a ton of bass players.

He could sing really well, too. Definitely could’ve been the lead singer in a band. He only sung a few songs for The Who but they’re among my favorites.

I guess what I mean specifically is how he "slaps" the guitar. It seems so similar and I feel like the bass guitarist community is smaller and maybe more tight-nit. .

I guess what I mean specifically is how he "slaps" the guitar. It seems so similar and I feel like the bass guitarist community is smaller and maybe more tight-nit. .

So I just watched a solo of his and I can definitely see what you’re saying.

In terms of the technical aspect he’s not in Entwistle’s league (few are) but in terms of “juice” he definitely brings it and elevates the bass to a starring instrument just like John did. The slapping motion is similar for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The GOAT bass player.

From a technical standpoint, Jaco Pastorius would get my vote for greatest Bassist of all-time, or at least top 3.

His ability to make false harmonics sound like actual harmonics all while playing on a 4-string Bass is otherworldly.

In terms of innovative techniques & melodic grooves, Larry Graham & Verdine White are in the discussion as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From a technical standpoint, Jaco Pastorius would get my vote for greatest Bassist of all-time, or at least top 3.

His ability to make false harmonics sound like actual harmonics all while playing on a 4-string Bass is otherworldly.

In terms of innovative techniques & melodic grooves, Larry Graham & Verdine White are in the discussion as well.

Entwistle, McCartney, Pastorius are my top three.

Advertisement
Back