What are the realistic expectations at this point?

MinnesotaCane

Sophomore
There's obviously a lot of butt-hurt fans about the AC decision. However, for the "I've been here before crew," what can we honestly expect? Is it going to be as bad as everyone has thought these last 24 hours? Average? Better than expected?

One thing I find regarding the whole Kirkland situation is that we supposedly revoked his offer because we had others interested. Barry Jackson then wrote about 5-6 silent commits. No idea if there are any legs behind any of this, but my gut is telling me that we have to be landing a few guys.

Who? What are the realistic predictions?

Advertisement
I'm just expecting Grace and Edwards at this point. Brooks maybe, Bostwick maybe. I could see us ending up with Powell if UF and USC really don't have room.

Maybe I am being blind optimist here but AC has nothing to do with these other guys. He has a unique situation.

However we are still in a few tight battles but as far as I am concerned nothing has changed because of Collins.

Advertisement
I felt great until the whole Kirkland ordeal went down, then now with the Collins decision...Oi vey

I'm just expecting Grace and Edwards at this point. Brooks maybe, Bostwick maybe. I could see us ending up with Powell if UF and USC really don't have room.

This, anything else is gravy. I don't "expect" anything outside of Grace. Edwards, Bostwick, Brooks are maybes.....the rest I don't think are coming.

I'm not counting Edwards or Brooks cause I don't care whether we get them. Of people I'm actually excited to get Grace and maybe Bostwick.

No 6 Coley or Collins really kills me. It hurts bad bad bad.

Advertisement
We can expect a pretty front-page Yahoo! article dissing our recruiting for 2013 and more talk about how far we have fallen.

Thanks, NCAA.

Thanks, wanna-be rapper racist-felon-a*s HS coaches....

F*ck the haters...

Maybe I am being blind optimist here but AC has nothing to do with these other guys. He has a unique situation.

However we are still in a few tight battles but as far as I am concerned nothing has changed because of Collins.

Should he pull any more than 3 of these guys, Al Golden is a ******* unicorn

Advertisement
Gotta get Bryant and Bostwick the two biggest needs or this class is a failure (the rest of the class is good though not gonna take that away from those kids), they gotta add depth at DT with elite talent.

Should he pull any more than 3 of these guys, Al Golden is a ******* unicorn

Yeah we will see. Just saying nothing has really changed since we were all saying "Cane, cane, cane, cane...."

It changed with our mood of course but that has nothing to do with all these other guys.

AC has the least to do with these recruits than any others except maybe Bostwick. AC isn't really a "South Florida" kid. He didn't play Optimist ball, he's not Dade county so he didn't really play against the rest, and I am sure his coach made it a priority to distort what its like in Coral Gables. The others know what its like. They grew up around the program. It's not the end of the world we lost AC. I honestly feel bad for the kid. He's gonna get run into the ground there, and the fans will turn on him quick.

Advertisement
Grace is a must, edwards would be real nice and I'm hoping for one of Brooks, Bostwick or Bryant in addition to keeping all of our existing commits

I think its reasonable to assume we have a very good chance of closing with Grace, Brooks, Edwards, MAYBE Boswtick, though I think that's 50/50 at best..., I would also not be surpised to see Powell end up in this class.... and probably a surprise commit.

Advertisement
Back