What are our recruits thinking ?

24/7canes

Recruit
We all know the coaching situation is on some serious shaky grounds. We seem to believe that if a new coach is brought in it will not be some newbie type coach but rather an established coach to take the helm. I would assume the recruits that were after have some some folks around them that know a good but of football. Might be a terrible assumption but its one im making. So with that said I wonder how these recruits feel about the way the young guns have been playing.

You tell me Stewart and Kelly cant see them selves playing with all the young bucks. The DB room looks pretty nice for the future and they would look even better if we actually get to the QB.

Also got to think the LBer recruits have got to see with plain sight theres all kinds of playing time to be had.

Man a pray some ones in there ears telling them were a ticking time bomb and this thing is so close to going off. We just need the right guy in charge.

Advertisement
Hard to tell because we’re in the middle of the season. We’ll probably here more in a couple weeks. I know we’re in a good spot with a lot of kids because we actually have coaches who are relatable but once we get a clearer picture of where we stand with Manny then you’re gonna hear more.

You’re making a lot of wishful assumptions, which I completely understand because it’s what us fans do when things look as bad as they are, but it’s not wise to do that, because you essentially set yourself up for big disappointments.

Recruiting is gonna be up in the air for the next 3 months until a decision is made with the coaching staff & even then things will still be shaky for this class, a lot of fans are hoping against hope that we’ll hire Cristobal & in less than a month all of these high ranked kids are just gonna come flooding over to Miami & signing with us in February. If you remove the emotion from that scenario & look at it logically & objectively, the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

You have to also remember that other teams are recruiting too, we’re not in a state of suspended animation where everything stops & waits for Miami to get it’s sh*t together, so in the midst of our turmoil & uncertainty other teams who already have secured & established staffs have just as much (if not an even better) opportunity to recruit these same kids we’re hoping for to a more stable situation.

If you’re a high valued 4/5-star recruit, would it make more sense to sign with a team who doesn’t even know who their coach is going to be or if they’re going to keep the same staff that has colossally failed, or sign with a team where you know for a fact you’ll be playing for a coach & program that will get you developed & playing at a high level?

The 22 class is mostly (except for a few solid prospects) gonna be a wash no matter who we hire.

Just look back at the classes we’ve had since 2016 up until now & look at all the prospects we missed on over the years for one reason or another, then fast forward to right now & ask yourself objectively, what are our chances of signing (insert recruit here) with less than month to recruit them while they’re simultaneously being recruited by better programs?

You’re making a lot of wishful assumptions, which I completely understand because it’s what us fans do when things look as bad as they are, but it’s not wise to do that, because you essentially set yourself up for big disappointments.

Recruiting is gonna be up in the air for the next 3 months until a decision is made with the coaching staff & even then things will still be shaky for this class, a lot of fans are hoping against hope that we’ll hire Cristobal & in less than a month all of these high ranked kids are just gonna come flooding over to Miami & signing with us in February. If you remove the emotion from that scenario & look at it logically & objectively, the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

You have to also remember that other teams are recruiting too, we’re not in a state of suspended animation where everything stops & waits for Miami to get it’s sh*t together, so in the midst of our turmoil & uncertainty other teams who already have secured & established staffs have just as much (if not an even better) opportunity to recruit these same kids we’re hoping for to a more stable situation.

If you’re a high valued 4/5-star recruit, would it make more sense to sign with a team who doesn’t even know who their coach is going to be or if they’re going to keep the same staff that has colossally failed, or sign with a team where you know for a fact you’ll be playing for a coach & program that will get you developed & playing at a high level?

The 22 class is mostly (except for a few solid prospects) gonna be a wash no matter who we hire.

Just look back at the classes we’ve had since 2016 up until now & look at all the prospects we missed on over the years for one reason or another, then fast forward to right now & ask yourself objectively, what are our chances of signing (insert recruit here) with less than month to recruit them while they’re simultaneously being recruited by better programs?
At this point, Mario or not, uga getting everyone they want. They’ll prolly win it all

Advertisement
The early signing period really hurts schools on the fence about their head coach.

I guess one way to look at it though is that those who do have some legitimate interest will wait. So there no drama or wondering on the traditional / old school signing day. Most of the prospects will be off the board by December.

Agree but so sad to see what’s going to happen when they retain Manny this year and the recruiting class is still subpar. Then next year we completely whiff when they let Manny go and we are scrambling with a new (but hopefully competent) staff. The youngsters will be juniors and seniors before our next highly ranked recruiting class. Can we just rip off the bandaid and move on? How can those in charge (not named Blake) not see the train wreck that they are going to be contributing to?

Put your cup on today and hope we hire a recruiting flamethrower while winning as many games as possible and rolling snake eyes with Diaz and James getting das boot.

Regardless, the overwhelming offensive output is our best medicine, along with the youngblood on D.

Also, did I tell you to put your cup on?

Honestly we should be heavy in the portal and Juco.

We need some quick fixes for next year which the portal can provide.

Im all in on the big dogs on the DL as HS prospects...but other than a few other guys i want ALL portal.

Portal @ LB, OT, 1 wr, DT(JUCO/PORTAL) and TE..possibly CB if we lose Stevenson and Blades doesnt return.

Advertisement
Yeah its just completely up in the air at this point and the worst thing is offensive players would likely be really intrigued right now but you don't know what tbe future holds. Right now JUCO ajd the portal are our best options but for me I just hope we keep winning and whatever hapoens in the end happens coaching wise

Honestly we should be heavy in the portal and Juco.

We need some quick fixes for next year which the portal can provide.

Im all in on the big dogs on the DL as HS prospects...but other than a few other guys i want ALL portal.

Portal @ LB, OT, 1 wr, DT(JUCO/PORTAL) and TE..possibly CB if we lose Stevenson and Blades doesnt return.
Yep Michigan state model!

Advertisement
One thing in our favor whatever happens is UF and FSU are a crap show.

LSu is making a change. Clemson has taken a step back.

We lose most kids to UGA and Bama regardless of situation.

So a lot of schools we go head to head with have issues too.

I dont think Clemson step back is too real....they have been stock piling talent. Their offense is some sh*t but they will figure it out by next szn...and they are playing alot of young guys.

Another wrinkle that NIL adds is that a program on the rise will get more attention. Make the right changes here and have some success on the field and the 23 class could be great.

Another wrinkle that NIL adds is that a program on the rise will get more attention. Make the right changes here and have some success on the field and the 23 class could be great.
Making the right changes? You think that will happen? I think you have to hire a legit DC, O line, D Line, and Linebackers coach. You cannot have Diaz be DC every again. But if Miami wins out why wouldn’t they have momentum?

Advertisement
Making the right changes? You think that will happen? I think you have to hire a legit DC, O line, D Line, and Linebackers coach. You cannot have Diaz be DC every again. But if Miami wins out why wouldn’t they have momentum?
I don't think Manny will be the coach next year. There's only a slim chance I'll be wrong.

Why Miami sits with only 8 committed recruits at this point is a flat out joke. WTF is the STAPH doing?

Why Miami sits with only 8 committed recruits at this point is a flat out joke. WTF is the STAPH doing?
Taking interviews for their next job. Lashlee and Likens stay. TROB stays. Everyone else hit the road.

On recruiting: Thursday nights Pitt/UNC game will have a lot of UM viewers because it directly affects us. Pitt loses and its game on for recruiting etc.

Advertisement
Back