What am I missing?

reg

Sophomore
What am I missing here? I just watched the spring game, albeit via periscope, but I watched it nevertheless. I am not an offensive guru, nor am I anywhere close to being a QB expert. However, what I do have, is a set of eyes. Regarding yesterdays game, the offense had life, flowed much better, and was more explosive with Perry and/or Williams under center. Perry's wiggle is F'UCKING elite. He also had some absolute dimes to multiple receivers, not to mention the gems that were dropped or declared out of bounds (terrible call). Yes, he missed some easy throws. The one to Burns stands out the most. There is absolutely no excuse for him missing his target on such an easy throw. Ironically enough, Rosier misses that same throw about 3-4 times every F'UCKING game. The point is, N'Kosi moves the chains, whether with his twigs or with his arm.

Williams, is about as calm and collected as any QB that I have seen at Miami in quite some time, regardless of tenure. He gives you the feeling that he is going to hit his target everytime he releases the pill. He is a **** assassin! Like Perry, the offense had a pulse with him under center. I found myself smiling everytime he was under center. My wife jokingly asked me was I watching **** because I looked so happy. I was insulted that she felt that **** could give me the same happiness/satisfaction as seeing a championship caliber QB under center at The U. Jarren Williams > **** Hub!!!

Rosier has played in games before. I will leave it there, because I don't want this to be a roasting session on Malik.

From what I've read on this site as well as others, since yesterdays game, it felt like Perry was out of this race and has thus turned into a potential transfer candidate. WTF? I get that one spring game does not tell the whole story of the entire spring. However, isn't the purpose of the spring game to see how well the players can tranfer what they've learned/practiced on to the field in a "real game" situation? That's a rhetorical question. The other scrimmages are/were on the practice field, with no fans in the stands. Yesterday, was the complete opposite. To me, that should be weighed heavier than everything else that has happened this spring. If not, then what was the f'ucking point of the game.

Yesterday, was at Hard Rock, the super bowl of the spring! Yesterday, Perry and Williams were by far the better QB's, when it mattered the most. So again, what am I missing?

Advertisement
The only reason Rosier is going to start against LSU is because he is a fifth-year senior, and he "won" us 10 games last year. He is not better than Perry or Williams.

I don’t think anyone with a shred of intelligence thinks Perry is out of the race. He is, however, consistently in the 40% range any time they mimic game situations.

I get the slippery stuff and the dynamic stuff and all that. But we can’t win anything with that sort of inaccurate passing.

He needs to get significantly better, or Williams will eat his lunch.

Advertisement
I like richt, great person fine coach but i question some of his decisions

the onside kick vs gatech
leaving walton in WAY WAY late vs bethune cookman
some of his 4th down decisions to go for it

never forget 3 straight runs up the middle in 2016 vs florida state

The late FG against Clemson.

The only reason Rosier is going to start against LSU is because he is a fifth-year senior, and he "won" us 10 games last year. He is not better than Perry or Williams.

Richt is going to play the QB who gives us the best chance to win. Experience and poise can overcome some deficiencies. After witnessing the Kaaya debacle, I'd like to have the guy that can win games on the field, not on Greentree.

Advertisement
Was I the only hoping JoJo would've just come around the corner and blow through Malik? Enough to f up his shoulder so he couldn't participate till before the LSU game so one of the Frosh can start. lol

(I know the QBs weren't live, but one can wish)

I seriously hope so.

What were Kaaya's second half stats that prompted the 3 straight runs? There's a reason he's the coach and you're not.

Rosier and Perry should split 1st team reps then. This last scrimmage the playing field should be leveled

Advertisement
The only people that are saying that Perry is out of the race are the ones that just read the stat line and did not watch the game. If you just read stats it looks like Rosier dominated and Perry was trash.

Truth is Perry made a lot of really good throws, but either drops or out of bounds called made his stats look really bad. He was not perfect but he played much better than Rosier.

Rosier on the other hand had very few drops as well as took a ton of sacks including back to back to make it 3rd and 33. Rather than throwing the ball away, like Perry was doing, he would take a sack and made it look like he was very accurate. But if you compare rushing yards between the two of them you can really see how many yards Rosier lost because of sacks.

Perry did not play perfect, and must improve on all aspects, but he played better than Rosier regardless of stats.

What am I missing here? I just watched the spring game, albeit via periscope, but I watched it nevertheless. I am not an offensive guru, nor am I anywhere close to being a QB expert. However, what I do have, is a set of eyes. Regarding yesterdays game, the offense had life, flowed much better, and was more explosive with Perry and/or Williams under center. Perry's wiggle is F'UCKING elite. He also had some absolute dimes to multiple receivers, not to mention the gems that were dropped or declared out of bounds (terrible call). Yes, he missed some easy throws. The one to Burns stands out the most. There is absolutely no excuse for him missing his target on such an easy throw. Ironically enough, Rosier misses that same throw about 3-4 times every F'UCKING game. The point is, N'Kosi moves the chains, whether with his twigs or with his arm.

Williams, is about as calm and collected as any QB that I have seen at Miami in quite some time, regardless of tenure. He gives you the feeling that he is going to hit his target everytime he releases the pill. He is a **** assassin! Like Perry, the offense had a pulse with him under center. I found myself smiling everytime he was under center. My wife jokingly asked me was I watching **** because I looked so happy. I was insulted that she felt that **** could give me the same happiness/satisfaction as seeing a championship caliber QB under center at The U. Jarren Williams > **** Hub!!!

Rosier has played in games before. I will leave it there, because I don't want this to be a roasting session on Malik.

From what I've read on this site as well as others, since yesterdays game, it felt like Perry was out of this race and has thus turned into a potential transfer candidate. WTF? I get that one spring game does not tell the whole story of the entire spring. However, isn't the purpose of the spring game to see how well the players can tranfer what they've learned/practiced on to the field in a "real game" situation? That's a rhetorical question. The other scrimmages are/were on the practice field, with no fans in the stands. Yesterday, was the complete opposite. To me, that should be weighed heavier than everything else that has happened this spring. If not, then what was the f'ucking point of the game.

Yesterday, was at Hard Rock, the super bowl of the spring! Yesterday, Perry and Williams were by far the better QB's, when it mattered the most. So again, what am I missing?
I saw it the same way you’re seeing it

What were Kaaya's second half stats that prompted the 3 straight runs? There's a reason he's the coach and you're not.

ok, justify mark walton being in the game up 30 or w/e we were against bethune in the 4th quarter while you're at it

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone with a shred of intelligence thinks Perry is out of the race. He is, however, consistently in the 40% range any time they mimic game situations.

I get the slippery stuff and the dynamic stuff and all that. But we can’t win anything with that sort of inaccurate passing.

He needs to get significantly better, or Williams will eat his lunch.

I agree with you, my man! Perry has to inprove his accuracy in order for us to have the type of success that we want to have at Miami. The irony of it all, is Rosier was in 40% range against our Top 5 opponents and Pittsburgh. He was under 50% of half our our games.

I have no problem with Williams being the man! I will be one happy Cane if that ends up being the case. If Rosier is who Richt rolls with come fall, so be it. I am all in no matter what. My point was, for the life of me, I can't understand the Perry bashing, especially after watching the game!

ok, justify mark walton being in the game up 30 or w/e we were against bethune in the 4th quarter while you're at it

Wasn't watching the 4th quarter of the Bethune Cookman game. If Walton was still playing that would've been a mistake. Thought his injury was against Toledo.

Rosier and Perry should split 1st team reps then. This last scrimmage the playing field should be leveled
I know it is just a pipe dream, but I would love for Williams and Perry to get the remaining of first team snaps for the rest of the spring. It's only 1 week left (2 practices, 1 scrimmage). Let's see how they handle the added snaps against our best, especially Williams. If Williams is able to duplicate the same results against the first team D (I think he would), the 3 QB's should go into the summer with an "or" between their names when the post spring depth chart is released.

I know it is just a pipe dream, but I would love for Williams and Perry to get the remaining of first team snaps for the rest of the spring. It's only 1 week left (2 practices, 1 scrimmage). Let's see how they handle the added snaps against our best, especially Williams. If Williams is able to duplicate the same results against the first team D (I think he would), the 3 QB's should go into the summer with an "or" between their names when the post spring depth chart is released.

I agree. It's only a week

Advertisement
Back