What about Patchan in a hybrid striker role?

Advertisement
Patchan has always had trouble adding and keeping weight on. As long as he keeps getting stronger he will be productive this year and a monster next year. He has always had elite get off.

Patchan has always had trouble adding and keeping weight on. As long as he keeps getting stronger he will be productive this year and a monster next year. He has always had elite get off.

I think Patchan had trouble gaining weight his first 2 years on campus because he had to deal with a torn ACL both years, respectively. While others are going through S&C, he was rehabbing. This is the first time that he's been able to really put on weight.

But for the OP that wants Patchan in a striker role; do you really think that he's the same mold of player as Derrick Smith and Romeo Finley? The answer is a **** no.

Advertisement
OP, striker is a hybrid safety/linebacker position. It's manned by guys who are probably smaller than a traditional linebacker. Right now, Patchan is bigger than the bigges linebacker on the roster. But yes, let's take a 6'4" 250 lb guy and make him play in space. Good call, corch D'Onofrio.

OP sounds like a Belichick in the making. I'm already looking forward to his next great idea.

Advertisement
If we all aren't celebating a total beatdown of FIU Saturday evening, then it's time to fly the banners.

so just a beatdown would not be enough? Sounds like you are hedging somewhat. What will you be sacrificing at the alter this week?

He looks fine to me as a rotational guy. Djax is the one who is looking pretty slow right now.

You do realize that you can't add and subtract 15 pounds from week to week right?

Says who? Speak for yourself!

Q3s.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
"What about Patchan in a hybrid striker role?"

At what point do you think that will have a good outcome?

Advertisement
Back