What about Patchan in a hybrid striker role?

Advertisement
811fGdwqf+L._SX355_.jpg

People forget that Patchan was a highly sought after 4 star DE out of HS. He got injured right out the gate, so we just kind of forgot about him. If he keeps getting better and maybe adds a little more muscle, he could be in for a monster senior season.

Advertisement
He seems to get manhandled too much as a true de, but has a great motor and quickness.
There’s a reason why there’s a lot of red and little green in regards to your posts. Do you not realize Miami has a good amount of strikers and very little DE’s?

There’s a reason why there’s a lot of red and little green in regards to your posts. Do you not realize Miami has a good amount of strikers and very little DE’s?
What i realize is that he could be a terror lining up all over and that on a lot of plays he seemed overmatched physically.

Advertisement
Hybrid lb/de. I think he'd be more effective
I have high credentials and have been loving the play so far in Patcha, but what logic besides his best trait a celling the edge would make him ideally as a STRIKER. Please let me know inform me. Im ****y about my D1 exp and knowledge.

I have high credentials and have been loving the play so far in Patcha, but what logic besides his best trait a celling the edge would make him ideally as a STRIKER. Please let me know inform me. Im ****y about my D1 exp and knowledge.
He looks like a tweener. Move him around more or bulk him up or down to be more effective.

Patchan too slow for striker.striker needs speed of a safety but body of a Sam weak side lb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the same way that Chickilo was mis used by donofrio i think
Dias needs to play patchan differently.

Chickillo was pushed to be over 270 lbs. so he could be a 3-4 DE. Patchan's probably hovering around 240-245 which looks to be his optimal weight (could probably gain 5-10 more pounds). He's fine in the position he's in and has played effectively. I don't see where he's been such a liability on the defensive line like you're trying to justify.

You know when our players laugh at some of the fans that act like they know more than the coaches, they're referring to you specifically.

Advertisement
Back