What a disappointing effort vs ND...

That's reality. There are really solid arguments on both sides. Morris is not what he used to be, but neither is recruiting when the NCAA slants the playing field in favor of state schools with minimal scholarships for baseball.

As to the "steak"...it is a great accomplishment, no question, but it was against subpar competition for the most part, let's be honest. UCF and FAU may have been THE highlight challenges in that stretch...though road series in the ACC are no joke.

When stuff like that happens in the regular season, I always remember the F$U seasons of like 45-6 or whatever and them winning nada...fun for a little while...but meaningless in the long run.

I have longed pegged this week as what will show what this team is about. A full 4 game away stretch at FAU in Boca Wednesday and at Clemson for 3. Clemson is a good match up..just behind F$U..and similar results against Pitt, UVA, FSU, etc.

We take Wednesday and 2 out of 3 at Clemson..I'm feeling a little better than I do now. I really expected a close first game against the Shame as the teams got acquainted on Saturday..then beat downs from there. Wasn't too encouraging...but a nice streak nonetheless..

UM

Feeling better?

Advertisement
These are among the dumbest collections of posts ever published in the annals of the internet's history. The team comes from behind twice and wins the series, but our Publix employees use this as an example of the team's ineptitude. The team has won 15 of 16. Might make sense to actually follow the team!

Follow the team? I graduated from UM, went to 90% of the baseball games when I was in school, have been to Omaha four times. I watched 99% of the pitches thrown this weekend.

I follow the team closely enough to know that the 14 game winning streak simply gave us a shot at the post-season. Before that, our RPI had us OUT of the tournament. The winning streak took us from an embarrassing end to the 41 year streak to being a #2 seed. That's it. Quit acting as though everything is great. We are still a mediocre team, and this will be the sixth straight year without Omaha. And somehow that is okay with you. SIX STRAIGHT YEARS. But the Maniac came by and posed for a picture and everyone got a shake, so UM baseball is just fine.

Oh and we take 2 from Clemson and you are leading the cheerleading - get out of here, that act is old. I missed you at Omaha!!!

Quick question.......were you guys still leading the cheerleading in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013? Just curious as to what your thoughts were in those seasons.

Oh, and we still haven't won anything. Try not to get too caught up in "I told you so" just yet.

Quick question.......were you guys still leading the cheerleading in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013? Just curious as to what your thoughts were in those seasons.

Oh, and we still haven't won anything. Try not to get too caught up in "I told you so" just yet.

Who knows how the season will end- proud of the "SMALL" turnaround. I was leading the Cheers when we won NC's and in 2009-2013, where were you? Cheering or jeering? That is what it all boils down to. Hope they finish strong - fun to watch is it not?

Who knows how the season will end- proud of the "SMALL" turnaround. I was leading the Cheers when we won NC's and in 2009-2013, where were you? Cheering or jeering? That is what it all boils down to. Hope they finish strong - fun to watch is it not?

That's the problem......you were cheering in 2009-2013. People like you would still have Bobby Bowden coaching Florida State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back