What a disappointing effort vs ND...

4Canes

Thunderdome
Granted the outcome of game three is still in doubt, but not for a bad play in game one Miami is in the verge of being swept...at home. Hope they can't pull this one out.

Advertisement
Granted the outcome of game three is still in doubt, but not for a bad play in game one Miami is in the verge of being swept...at home. Hope they can't pull this one out.

Perfect description. Very disappointing effort. We just took the lead, but it doesn't change how poorly we have looked against a bad team.

ND's defense reminds me of Miami for the last few seasons. Then again, walks, wild pitches and bad baseball tonight reminds me of why we question Morris and how far this team can go.

Advertisement
These are among the dumbest collections of posts ever published in the annals of the internet's history. The team comes from behind twice and wins the series, but our Publix employees use this as an example of the team's ineptitude. The team has won 15 of 16. Might make sense to actually follow the team!

canesproponent you are 1000% right. It is exactly what I posted yesterday. The negative Nellys are only happy if they have something to complain about. We lost one game last night and one of the brilliant posters on here deems us as having blown hosting a regional even though we have at least 15 games left. I like how BRad's 5 walks tonight is Morris's fault. He doesn't throw the pitches.

Morris's faith in Collins early in the season even though he was struggling big time is really paying off now. Of course you won't read that on here.

canesproponent you are 1000% right. It is exactly what I posted yesterday. The negative Nellys are only happy if they have something to complain about. We lost one game last night and one of the brilliant posters on here deems us as having blown hosting a regional even though we have at least 15 games left. I like how BRad's 5 walks tonight is Morris's fault. He doesn't throw the pitches.

Morris's faith in Collins early in the season even though he was struggling big time is really paying off now. Of course you won't read that on here.

I don't disagree with people who question the long-term trajectory of the Canes baseball team and question Morris. I think he will be gone soon enough. But complaining because a 14-game winning streak just ended? It's hard to win 14 baseball games in a row.

Advertisement
Two things:
- First off - go **** yourselves. Anyone posting on this board is following the team. Watched all 3 games on my ******* iPad there super fans.

- Secondly - I don't like bad baseball. Notre Dame played embarrassingly bad defense. It is easy to recognize bad defense because I've followed Canes baseball for a long time and have witnessed it deteriorate from the time I started until and including the beginning of the season.

I'm fine with a win is a win and am thrilled with the current winning and the hot streak. The team battled back and has shown the ability to win close games against bad teams. I like their fight. Problem with that is bad teams don't play in Omaha.

These are among the dumbest collections of posts ever published in the annals of the internet's history. The team comes from behind twice and wins the series, but our Publix employees use this as an example of the team's ineptitude. The team has won 15 of 16. Might make sense to actually follow the team!

Follow the team? I graduated from UM, went to 90% of the baseball games when I was in school, have been to Omaha four times. I watched 99% of the pitches thrown this weekend.

I follow the team closely enough to know that the 14 game winning streak simply gave us a shot at the post-season. Before that, our RPI had us OUT of the tournament. The winning streak took us from an embarrassing end to the 41 year streak to being a #2 seed. That's it. Quit acting as though everything is great. We are still a mediocre team, and this will be the sixth straight year without Omaha. And somehow that is okay with you. SIX STRAIGHT YEARS. But the Maniac came by and posed for a picture and everyone got a shake, so UM baseball is just fine.

So you really come away with a great feeling about the team after this weekend? Had ND not crapped themselves, repeatedly, it could have been a disastrous weekend. ND had not won a game vs the top 100, IIRC, all season and almost took three from Miami.
Miami won the series, thankfully, but stop trying to question everyone's fandom just because you don't like the topic. I've been a season ticket holder likely longer than you've been alive.

Advertisement

We lost one game on Sunday, which makes 13 losses on the year. Five of those losses are to teams ranked #129 and worse. We have more losses against 200+ than the top 10 teams combined.

We only have one top 40 opponent left on the schedule, which means that our RPI is pretty much going to maintain itself in the mid 20's. The worst host last year had an RPI of #17.

I notice that you like to take shots at me, but you haven't once jumped into an RPI discussion, or to tell us what we will need to do to be a host. Too much for you to take on? Can you back anything up with data, or are you just going to sit there with your Jim Morris bobblehead and keep telling us that everything is just fine?

We have win 15 of 16 and the sky is falling . Based on that there is no reason to even debate anything with you. As of today Miami would likely host a regional and be a #1 seed. What private school is doing better than Miami is this season? Keep wasting your energy calling for Morris's head. It ain't happening.

Miami has been on a hot streak. But I do not believe they have consistently played championship baseball. I want Miami to win championships.

Advertisement
We have win 15 of 16 and the sky is falling . Based on that there is no reason to even debate anything with you. As of today Miami would likely host a regional and be a #1 seed. What private school is doing better than Miami is this season? Keep wasting your energy calling for Morris's head. It ain't happening.

You're either delusional or just plain stupid, I'm not sure which. You're basing the entire discussion on the last 16 games? That's it? Do you realize that we didn't beat a single top 50 opponent during that streak?

And you are absolutely, 100% incorrect about us being a #1 seed and a host right now.

And who gives a &%& about private schools? There isn't a separate private school championship. But since you asked, Rice and Vanderbilt.

The batting order next year when Ruiz and Thompson return is going to be one of the best of all-time. We will have no proven pitching starters in 2015, but the team should be almost as good as this year's team. Either way, pitching wins in college baseball and we currently have a top-4 staff. We WILL host a regional and it is going to be quite difficult for a team to beat Miami in a Super with Diaz, Suarez and Radzynski. The 2016 team is going to be stellar.

Advertisement
Back