What’s your opinion on are Pass Rusher Situation?

****, we are THIN @ DE. Any chance a kid like Jennings Jr could be used as a rush end in passing downs?

Advertisement
Advertisement
2017: Chad, Trent, JJ, D-Jax, Garvin

2018: JJ, D-Jax, Garvin, Rousseau, Patchan

BJJ is not playing defensive end.

So you like 2018 depth???? DJax coming off an injury, Rousseau has been on campus 2 months and Patchan has not been healthy yet. Welp, at least you are optimistic.

**** I hope you are right, but to not be worried, that I can't get behind.

Advertisement
DE more thin than DT. Only taking 1 DE pass two classes kills us (DJ Johnson transferring) . IMO need 4 in this class. Cam Williams would prob be most ready to play coming in depending who's early enrolling. He's a big boy. Munoz not a DE lol.

DT class going to be a mix of Munoz Ingraham Daxon Davis Holley. 4 tops out of this bunch.

DE will be Williams Harvey Bogle Summerall Weaver. 4 of this group too

I'm not sure what numbers look like for Bama next year at OLB but they seem to be in a good spot with Thibodeaux and maybe even Nolan Smith. Maybe that effects Mwikuta in some way since they have Kevin Harris. I know he's always been high on us but Kul never recruited him. Simpson is.

This is what I don’t get. The d line is paper thin and we’re still only targeting prospects that will need a year or 2 before they’re ready. All of our DE commits and targets are around 200lbs (Bogle, Harvey, Williams, Summerall. As far SDE, Munoz won’t be ready more than likely, as well as Ingram. You would think they would place an emphasis on going after some of the elite prospects that can play day 1 ( which Miami looks like it will need ). But what do I know 🤷🏾‍♂️
PEOple thought Rosseau was too light and would need another year to contribute but it’s proven not to be the case after he hit a college weight program. These dudes have a whole senior year and potentially spring training as well as fall training to gain weight. I doubt the coaches are concerned about their ability to gain weight . But you can’t teach speed .

PEOple thought Rosseau was too light and would need another year to contribute but it’s proven not to be the case after he hit a college weight program. These dudes have a whole senior year and potentially spring training as well as fall training to gain weight. I doubt the coaches are concerned about their ability to gain weight . But you can’t teach speed .
But he hasn't contributed. Sure we all expect him too, but truth be told I gotta see it beforeI count it. And yes weight gain is far easier than gaining the strength, knowledge and speed to play against 22 year olds.

Advertisement
I was laughing when people kept saying greg rosseau was a project and was going to take 2 years to develop. The man child came in weighing 225, i had em gaining at least 15lbs, which is real good for a college freshman defensive end, but instead he put on 25, lol, he basically was the same weight or bigger than garvin coming. I kept wondering what people were talking about in regards to rosseau needing time and this and that, never made sense to me.

Also dont worry about scotty either, if patchan stays healthy, he's going to ball out, especially in passing situations, people dont realize how much talent that man has, he's going to be a problem and get sacks. D-jack is a better version of "tool box" harris, plus he can play inside and outside. I'll say it again, while coach kool Is a real good d-line coach, i wasnt impressed with the way our d-line played run defense against the better opponents. Our sacks and tfl's were top notch but stopping the run should be more solid, this is what will alleviate the losses of the d-line that just left and get our defense off the field more. We cant have cam akers running all over the place, either a team can run or pass it, but they cant be doing both. That's when we'll really start looking like UM defense is suppose to look, we on the way tho.

I know this, jess simpson is the right guy, and after recruits see how are d-line looks this year, that's when the commits will start beating the door, cause alot of them want to come in, believe me, the only thing keeping some at bay is other coaches are saying simpson is not proven on the college level yet, they only got one year to use that cause if rosseau wrecks havoc, and if joe jack & garvin improves, the rest will come to know, jess knows what he's doing. And no matter what, at the end of the day, when it omes to d-linemen, UM still has a better nfl track record, and with calais campbell holding the torch right now, we straight. How many Fsu d-linemen ever became the best the nfl at their position. We got all pro's and Hall of Famer's. As much as i didnt like jethro as our d-line coach, even he has guys he can point to on his resume. Coach simpson when it's all said and done will be one of our best d-line coaches at UM. Our o-linemen will be better than they realize because they'll be going up against one of the best d-lines in the nation before games, once our trench warfare gets straight, itll be over for college football.

Locking down Bogel, Ingraham and Weaver will set us straight for this class. Ingraham will eventually be a DT, but Bogel would give us speed, Weaver size and athleticism. Combined with Williams and Harvey, that would give us a **** of a DE class.

I was laughing when people kept saying greg rosseau was a project and was going to take 2 years to develop. The man child came in weighing 225, i had em gaining at least 15lbs, which is real good for a college freshman defensive end, but instead he put on 25, lol, he basically was the same weight or bigger than garvin coming. I kept wondering what people were talking about in regards to rosseau needing time and this and that, never made sense to me.

Also dont worry about scotty either, if patchan stays healthy, he's going to ball out, especially in passing situations, people dont realize how much talent that man has, he's going to be a problem and get sacks. D-jack is a better version of "tool box" harris, plus he can play inside and outside. I'll say it again, while coach kool Is a real good d-line coach, i wasnt impressed with the way our d-line played run defense against the better opponents. Our sacks and tfl's were top notch but stopping the run should be more solid, this is what will alleviate the losses of the d-line that just left and get our defense off the field more. We cant have cam akers running all over the place, either a team can run or pass it, but they cant be doing both. That's when we'll really start looking like UM defense is suppose to look, we on the way tho.

I know this, jess simpson is the right guy, and after recruits see how are d-line looks this year, that's when the commits will start beating the door, cause alot of them want to come in, believe me, the only thing keeping some at bay is other coaches are saying simpson is not proven on the college level yet, they only got one year to use that cause if rosseau wrecks havoc, and if joe jack & garvin improves, the rest will come to know, jess knows what he's doing. And no matter what, at the end of the day, when it omes to d-linemen, UM still has a better nfl track record, and with calais campbell holding the torch right now, we straight. How many Fsu d-linemen ever became the best the nfl at their position. We got all pro's and Hall of Famer's. As much as i didnt like jethro as our d-line coach, even he has guys he can point to on his resume. Coach simpson when it's all said and done will be one of our best d-line coaches at UM. Our o-linemen will be better than they realize because they'll be going up against one of the best d-lines in the nation before games, once our trench warfare gets straight, itll be over for college football.
I like the way you stay levelheaded here and temper your expectations, well done.

That said I hope all your prediction come true.

Advertisement
I think the staff needs to push for Sorrells. We really need the depth and the kid can ball. Sure he’s been injured a couple times but he’s already pretty close to being 100% back.

But he hasn't contributed. Sure we all expect him too, but truth be told I gotta see it beforeI count it. And yes weight gain is far easier than gaining the strength, knowledge and speed to play against 22 year olds.
Hes been balling in practice and coaches have already said that he’s going to get tick this year . That’s far from him needing a redshirt year to gain weight that’s all I’m saying

Pass rushing is one thing, setting the edge against Junior and Senior OT's is a whole different ball game.

I’m sitting on a lawn chair on my porch reading this post and having deja vu like I know this writing style and thinking: this **** sounds about right, I’ll just finish and then scroll back up to see what this dude’s name is because it definitely reads like a Calvin post! Wow, welcome brother. Triple OG Cane poster!

Advertisement
Back