What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

Advertisement
I'm of the opinion that we have a puncher's chance. I wouldn't have been as optimistic the last few years, but we have the best chance in a long time.

It will set the tone for the year.
1628359699208.jpeg

I could see us winning this game then losing to App St and UNC lol to take the shine off the season.

I have tickets and airfare secured to go to the App State game. I'm fully expecting your scenario to play out. lol

our chances rest 100% this game on Simpson/our DL

If our DL can contain the run and get to Young then we have a game

their D is elite and no matter how improved our OL is they will give us trouble ... but I think we have the talent to score a few points on them with LASH calling his most creative game at the U

our chances rest 100% this game on Simpson/our DL

If our DL can contain the run and get to Young then we have a game

their D is elite and no matter how improved our OL is they will give us trouble ... but I think we have the talent to score a few points on them with LASH calling his most creative game at the U
Interesting. My thoughts were the Oline getting manhandled but you make a good point. Their D is excellent so we have to match it and hope for a few plays on O. Back in the day a return could play a role but I feel like that awesome part of the college game has been neutered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just bet two gayturds (Carlos Dunlap & Louis Oliver)10k each with 20... We better not come out flat.
For some reason I have a feeling we’re going to come out on fire; the real question is, can we maintain whatever momentum we grasp in the 1st quarter.

For some reason I have a feeling we’re going to come out on fire; the real question is, can we maintain whatever momentum we grasp in the 1st quarter.
My sense is, and this isn't exactly a stretch, we are more experienced but slightly less talented overall. We have some groups where the talent is pretty close, such as defensive backs. We have other groups where the talent is way behind, such as defensive line and offensive line arguably, but we have more experience.

But the best team and most talented team doesn't always win. Turnovers happen. Players play above and below their level. That's why you play the game.

But the wild card for me is our quarterback. 24-year-old guy with elite skills and elite leadership abilities. He's coming off a bad injury, but he's supposedly fully recovered and he's now had another year in the system. If he plays to his ceiling, like he played in Houston but then add 2 years of development, and the Alabama quarterback plays like a new starter, it could get really close. Prayers up.

Advertisement
My sense is, and this isn't exactly a stretch, we are more experienced but slightly less talented overall. We have some groups where the talent is pretty close, such as defensive backs. We have other groups where the talent is way behind, such as defensive line and offensive line arguably, but we have more experience.

But the best team and most talented team doesn't always win. Turnovers happen. Players play above and below their level. That's why you play the game.

But the wild card for me is our quarterback. 24-year-old guy with elite skills and elite leadership abilities. He's coming off a bad injury, but he's supposedly fully recovered and he's now had another year in the system. If he plays to his ceiling, like he played in Houston but then add 2 years of development, and the Alabama quarterback plays like a new starter, it could get really close. Prayers up.
We need the NC State version of King if we’re going to win — that’s for sure.

Advertisement
Back