What’s next for Canes program after FSU Sweep? Javi Salas talks offseason shopping list

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami is in uncharted waters, having fallen to 16-19 after a demoralizing sweep against FSU. While there are still games to play, fans are already looking at potential offseason solutions to avoid a repeat. Javi Salas, who threw the 23rd perfect game in D1 history for the Canes, joined the CanesInSight Podcast with his thoughts on some ways Miami can get the program back on track:

On the state of the program: I don't really know where to start, man. First of all, it had...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Louisville is a team I could see us take 2 sloppy games from them or if they get running and moving guys around you may have to put a tent on the circus that could happen if we don’t clean things up.

Advertisement
No, it’s a young team!* Give JD time for a full rebuild while they learn!

*Please ignore that 8 of the 10 position players that started a game this past weekend are in their 3rd year or more of college baseball, and that Herick made 14 starts for MDC last year.
I’d bet we have one of the oldest teams in the ACC. I’ll leave that to you to do the digging though.

Yea this is a guy who can’t or won’t say anything bad.

“Such high expectations” - everyone that follows this team knew we were going to blow

“Young team” - this is not accurate.

This is the worst hire this school has ever made. I say that with all due respect to JD who is a cane for life.

I’d bet we have one of the oldest teams in the ACC. I’ll leave that to you to do the digging though.

Rebuild the culture… JD just got here 20 years ago… it’ll take a minute…

FSU owns us and it’s not close…They made a great hire, we interviewed some guys and chose the donkey behind door #2…like let’s make a deal … zonk

Advertisement
Terrible lazy hire to appease the few boosters who fork out the big bucks for the baseball team…

I hope they decide to stuff the coffers for a 60-70% roster flip this offseason and somehow hold on to cyr

Advertisement
Is there any chance we're proactive with admitting a mistake here.. or will this just be a typical "give it 4 years" Miami-way ordeal?

Advertisement
Is there any chance we're proactive with admitting a mistake here.. or will this just be a typical "give it 4 years" Miami-way ordeal?
I think you know the answer. May not be 4 years, but next to impossible he's fired after 1 year.

Advertisement
Back