What’s best for the ACC?

Please tell me more how the ACC being a trash conference the past few years has affected Clemson recruiting and ranking?

If Miami is good, recruits will come, it doesn't matter if the Clemsons, FSU, UNC, etc are trash

Much like the Big East days, no, nothing could stop recruits coming. Clemson is the exception, not the norm.

When we compete with many SEC schools and Clemson, we don't typically come out winners. We consistently lose out on local recruits to SEC schools, not just the top notch ones, but run of the mill schools.

You have recruits say and show each year, they want to play in the SEC. They didn't grow up fans of those schools, but want to be part of the best and most competitive conference there is. Even when they're going to a doormat there, it is what it is.

It would be nice to have the fanfare that the SEC has. It would bring us a few more top notch guys each year, but yes, we still need to win.

Advertisement
Yea have no idea what dude is talking about.

Open your eyes.

Did Clemson do it overnight or build it up?
Dont give a f*ck about the ACC. We could be playing in the MEAC for all i care. Im a UM fan not a conference fan

You can be both, have conference pride as well. I would rather this conference have the NC than some other conference. I would rather this be the best conference than some other conference. As the conference stature rises, so would our revenue with new television deals, etc. That's more. Money for us, but feel free to think none of it matters. ***** the ACC or tobacco road mafia, or whatever stuff is said to downplay how we're in the bottom half of the P5.

I can see it now. We win. Then we play Clemson close in the acccg and both of us get in the playoffs. The SEC fanboys freak out and protest. We play Clemson again. 3rd time in one season. We win.

then I woke up

If we beat Clemson twice, they won't get in the Playoffs lol

Advertisement
I care about the ACC. Let me tell you why.

Do you think it's coincidence that a large portion of the nation's elite talent wants to play for an SEC school? I'm not just talking about regional talent, but talent from all across the country.

When your conference is good, it means there's interesting matchups, packed houses, and a lot of national exposure. This brings in recruits and the conference perception makes even schools that aren't the top dogs a destination. We get to the top or close to it, we win an extra recruit or two a year just on that.

When we were in the Big East, it wasn't considered a power conference. It's the one of the reasons we didn't get to face OU in '00. Part of it was a flawed calculator, but if the Big East was a power, we would've been in.

We don't need the ACC to be a power to be reckoned with to get to the top. It sure as heck wouldn't hurt though. I want teams to get better, it'll make us better as well.
You focus on the SEC, when the Big12 is all OU and the Big10 is all OSU. Those two schools aren't hurting because the rest of the conference is down. Take care of your own recruiting, hires, and game day play calling and the rest falls in line.

If we're ever that fanbase that starts chanting "ACC, ACC" when another team is making an SEC team bite the pillow, just shut it the **** down. **** Tobacco Road and every other school in this conference. You think any of them shed a tear for Miami when we were dealing with the Shapiro ****, or getting embarrassed by FIU last year? F-U-C-K-E-M.

Yea have no idea what dude is talking about.
I know exactly what he is talking about.

But I repeat how has the ACC being a terrible conference the past few years affected Clemson? Are they not getting the top players? Are they getting snubbed from the College Football Playoffs?

Of course, since the conference sucks they don't have much room for error. Of course, if it is between a 1 loss Clemson or a 1 loss SEC team, the SEC team is going to make the playoffs. But I ask you this, who do you think has had an easier time making the playoffs, Alabama or Clemson? Oklahoma or LSU?

Sure if the conference was stronger it would be more exciting for some recruits and allow a little bit more wiggle room when it comes to rankings. There are indeed a lot of recruits that state they want to play in the SEC only, because of their competition, but if we are honest most of the time that is just a bs excuse they tell the media. The only thing that truly matters is that Miami has to be dominate and recruiting will take care of itself.

I am only going to say this once, so listen closely.

***** the ACC, they do not give a rip about us. It is all about the U.

You sound like an SEC homer....

Advertisement
I care about the ACC. Let me tell you why.

Do you think it's coincidence that a large portion of the nation's elite talent wants to play for an SEC school? I'm not just talking about regional talent, but talent from all across the country.

When your conference is good, it means there's interesting matchups, packed houses, and a lot of national exposure. This brings in recruits and the conference perception makes even schools that aren't the top dogs a destination. We get to the top or close to it, we win an extra recruit or two a year just on that.

When we were in the Big East, it wasn't considered a power conference. It's the one of the reasons we didn't get to face OU in '00. Part of it was a flawed calculator, but if the Big East was a power, we would've been in.

We don't need the ACC to be a power to be reckoned with to get to the top. It sure as heck wouldn't hurt though. I want teams to get better, it'll make us better as well.
No.
Wrong.

The reason we did not get OU in 00 is cause of the hatred of Miami. Period. Had we not lost that game to UW, they would have had no choice but to put us in. Conference had zip to do with it. They hate us cause they ain't us, they always have, they always will.

Open your eyes.

Did Clemson do it overnight or build it up?

You can be both, have conference pride as well. I would rather this conference have the NC than some other conference. I would rather this be the best conference than some other conference. As the conference stature rises, so would our revenue with new television deals, etc. That's more. Money for us, but feel free to think none of it matters. ***** the ACC or tobacco road mafia, or whatever stuff is said to downplay how we're in the bottom half of the P5.

Spot on, money means everything. A strong ACC is unquestionably important for the strength of our own program.

E5920918-25AE-472C-A2A5-66D9944317D7.jpeg

Advertisement
Miami being on top is the best thing for college football period. People love or hate Miami but they are watching. Nobody gives a rats *** about Clemson.

Advertisement
I want a win for Miami, not for the conference. But if it helps raise the narrative that we're as good or better than the SEC well that's just an added bonus.

Two things:

-During the Canes time in the Big East, it was the most winning conference in the country. People forget about VaTech, WVU, and Pitt were also consistently good.

-The reason the 00 Noles (11-1) got in over Miami (11-1) was because their only loss was a close one to an elite Canes squad, which was “a more impressive loss” than us dropping 1 to Washington.

Clemson still has to play ND, so a loss by the Canes on Saturday could knock them out of the ACC-CG, even if the Canes run the table on the rest of the season and finish 10-1. I don’t trust the ACC or anyNCAA tiebreaker scenario when it comes to Clemson, ND and the Canes.

The Canes need to go to Death Valley with the old-school Canes attitude that they must win and continue to control their own destiny. Let Clemson and ND fight for the right to play us in the ACC-CG, instead of the other way around.

Advertisement
Back