What’s best for the ACC?

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
We win, the ACC could have two powerhouse schools now and get closer to the SEC. We lose, the ACC protects their playoff team and we have to bounce back.

I want a win and I hope we can pull off the upset and ultimately I think the ACC is better off with two elite teams in two different divisions in the long run. What are your thought?

Advertisement
We win, the ACC could have two powerhouse schools now and get closer to the SEC. We lose, the ACC protects their playoff team and we have to bounce back.

I want a win and I hope we can pull off the upset and ultimately I think the ACC is better off with two elite teams in two different divisions in the long run. What are your thought?
Come to an agreement with Comcast.

Advertisement

If we beat Clemson and we both win out, Clemson still has a shot at the conference and a playoff bid. How many years have we seen 2 SEC teams in the playoff? At the end of the day, it is all about the U. It's all about THIS U.

Advertisement
I can see it now. We win. Then we play Clemson close in the acccg and both of us get in the playoffs. The SEC fanboys freak out and protest. We play Clemson again. 3rd time in one season. We win.

then I woke up

Everyone here should want a robust and competitive conference. The ACC has been trending upwards these last 10 years and has been having tremendous success compared to other conferences. The ACC is becoming known as the QB conf. Iron sharpens iron and the only way we get there is having multiple perennial powerhouse teams going to the NY6 every year.

The ACC should want a Miami victory Saturday. Every conference is going to have their Duke but as long as we have a thick middle-of-the-pack with 2-4 powerhouses and fewer-than-that at the way bottom, the better off we'll be. We should want a game like this every Saturday. Playoff implications, primetime--it's the South Florida way.

As it pertains to this school, we want to be on top always. There will never be a time we should even entertain the idea of a loss. It should not even be in our vocabulary.

Lol what’s best for the ACC?

Remember when they wanted us to forfeit the Duke game we won, after trying their best to keep us from winning in the first place?

Remember when we went like 10 games without getting a holding call?

Remember how nobody ever gets a penalty for doing an upside down “U” or breaking it on their knee, even though it’s against the rules?

I say this from the bottom of my heart, F*** the ACC.

Advertisement
9B36B422-7B90-43CA-A97D-E33AA6959D38.jpeg

Who cares? Who cares about the ACC? It's Miami vs everyone.

Let me know where our trophies are for when Clemson won the National Championship

I care about the ACC. Let me tell you why.

Do you think it's coincidence that a large portion of the nation's elite talent wants to play for an SEC school? I'm not just talking about regional talent, but talent from all across the country.

When your conference is good, it means there's interesting matchups, packed houses, and a lot of national exposure. This brings in recruits and the conference perception makes even schools that aren't the top dogs a destination. We get to the top or close to it, we win an extra recruit or two a year just on that.

When we were in the Big East, it wasn't considered a power conference. It's the one of the reasons we didn't get to face OU in '00. Part of it was a flawed calculator, but if the Big East was a power, we would've been in.

We don't need the ACC to be a power to be reckoned with to get to the top. It sure as heck wouldn't hurt though. I want teams to get better, it'll make us better as well.

I care about the ACC. Let me tell you why.

Do you think it's coincidence that a large portion of the nation's elite talent wants to play for an SEC school? I'm not just talking about regional talent, but talent from all across the country.

When your conference is good, it means there's interesting matchups, packed houses, and a lot of national exposure. This brings in recruits and the conference perception makes even schools that aren't the top dogs a destination. We get to the top or close to it, we win an extra recruit or two a year just on that.

When we were in the Big East, it wasn't considered a power conference. It's the one of the reasons we didn't get to face OU in '00. Part of it was a flawed calculator, but if the Big East was a power, we would've been in.

We don't need the ACC to be a power to be reckoned with to get to the top. It sure as heck wouldn't hurt though. I want teams to get better, it'll make us better as well.
Please tell me more how the ACC being a trash conference the past few years has affected Clemson recruiting and ranking?

If Miami is good, recruits will come, it doesn't matter if the Clemsons, FSU, UNC, etc are trash

Advertisement

Dont give a f*ck about the ACC. We could be playing in the MEAC for all i care. Im a UM fan not a conference fan

For me it’s about getting that SEC tv money and that helps us keep up with the other big money teams.

we wont keep up and we dont NEED to keep up.

We are smack dab in the middle of the best hs football in the country all we have to do is win and hire proper coaches...that big money sh*t is for the hill billies and places like Oregon that cant and never will attract anything there other than throwing around money

Please tell me more how the ACC being a trash conference the past few years has affected Clemson recruiting and ranking?

If Miami is good, recruits will come, it doesn't matter if the Clemsons, FSU, UNC, etc are trash

Yea have no idea what dude is talking about.

Much like the Big East days, no, nothing could stop recruits coming. Clemson is the exception, not the norm.

When we compete with many SEC schools and Clemson, we don't typically come out winners. We consistently lose out on local recruits to SEC schools, not just the top notch ones, but run of the mill schools.

You have recruits say and show each year, they want to play in the SEC. They didn't grow up fans of those schools, but want to be part of the best and most competitive conference there is. Even when they're going to a doormat there, it is what it is.

It would be nice to have the fanfare that the SEC has. It would bring us a few more top notch guys each year, but yes, we still need to win.

Advertisement
Back