Wet Willie gave up play calling...

Advertisement
And they still lost and will continue to lose.

Once a season gets to this point, that one change won't fix it all. As much as I want Richt to give it up...it won't change the trajectory this year. I can understand waiting until the off season to make the change...along with many other needed changes. But who knows if that will even happen...Richt is one stubborn mule.

There is oversight of Taggart at FSU. There is none of Richt. No one at UM is going to tell Richt he needs to make changes. Who would Blake?

It’s just too much responsibility unless you’re just so good at creating and calling plays that you can do it in your sleep.

I don’t necessarily think Richt is “incapable” (ok yes I do but I digress) but a college coach has too much to do to be learning on the job as an OC as well.

Willie or whomever was involved realized he needs help. Richt is just too stubborn to admit the same thing.

Willie recognized hes in over his head with the entire job and saw he wasn't long for this if he kept doing what he was doing. It was to buy a little more time. He's still going to be toast if they have similar results next season.

Advertisement
What plays are called when is a problem, but only one of many. As others have said, changing who calls the same plays isn't enough. Honestly, we might have won 2 of the last 4 with a different play caller, but it will take a whole new philosophy on offense to right this ship.

This was news 8 days ago, and since then they lost 42-13. I'm not sure that Willie Taggart is the guy who "gets it".

Advertisement
This was news 8 days ago, and since then they lost 42-13. I'm not sure that Willie Taggart is the guy who "gets it".
wg.jpg

They played Notre Dame not Clemson...scored 40 on them last i checked lol
Not a ******* prayer that happens this year. Credit for another seasons results is a pretty strange (stupid, actually) stance to take, especially when we have gone from winning 10 games to getting ******* rolled by everyone in the power 5 since then.

There is oversight of Taggart at FSU. There is none of Richt. No one at UM is going to tell Richt he needs to make changes. Who would Blake?

Well you need to understand, taggart had just been fired whereas we stole Richt from a major program.... Oh no, I have that backwards.

Advertisement
And they still lost and will continue to lose.

Once a season gets to this point, that one change won't fix it all. As much as I want Richt to give it up...it won't change the trajectory this year. I can understand waiting until the off season to make the change...along with many other needed changes. But who knows if that will even happen...Richt is one stubborn mule.
" And they still lost and will continue to lose ".
Are you aware of our overall record?

Advertisement
Not a ******* prayer that happens this year. Credit for another seasons results is a pretty strange (stupid, actually) stance to take, especially when we have gone from winning 10 games to getting ******* rolled by everyone in the power 5 since then.

Another season? That was last year and ND hasnt made changes defensively since then. Yall talking about negative **** that happened last year.
It's ok to use our positive to clown FSU. We played ND with this same offense and scored 40. FSU played the same staff after making changes to "better their offense " and they didnt even do half as good as we did. So...this comparison is retarded in the first place because FSUs offense is still ***. Just like if we change our play caller the offense will likely still be ***.
You acting like I'm using results from 3+ years ago or some ****. Same staff, mostly same players and it wasnt some close game, we whipped them.

Last year we played ND 10 games into the season and only 1 team scored more than 20 points against ND and we put up 41, more than any team that year including the bowl game. That includes UGA who played them last year and ended up in the NC. Dont sit here and pretend that this offense sucks when the players execute from top to bottom.

" And they still lost and will continue to lose ".
Are you aware of our overall record?

Of course I am. I clearly said we need the same change but it's not the only thing that needs to be fixed.

The point was just because he gave up playcalling...the issues on FSU are deeper than that...just like us...and we will both continue to lose games without deep changes.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension and critical thinking abilities.

Of course I am. I clearly said we need the same change but it's not the only thing that needs to be fixed.

The point was just because he gave up playcalling...the issues on FSU are deeper than that...just like us...and we will both continue to lose games without deep changes.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension and critical thinking abilities.

I agree. Richt doesn't just need to give up play calling. He needs to give up the way they practice and the offensive scheme as a whole.

Advertisement
Back