Westminster vs Miami High Observations

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
This game was a blowout but I got some notes from it.

-Tim Irvin is the real deal and it's final for me. I was originally nervous about his height but his playmaking ability along with his speed and cuts makes up for that and much more. People complain that he doesn't play against top competition but I can assure you he could do the same things if he were playing in tough divisions. Personally, I like him on the offense side of the ball, he is a threat every time the rock is in his hands.

-Jordan Cronkrite is really impressing me, his potential at safety today was what really caught my eye because he could very easily be a top D1 prospect at that position as well. At running back, I am really impressed, the best skill I think he has is not only his ability to hit the hole, but also to run with so much strength and toughness. He never seems to fade away from contact which is really impressive because not to many running backs can handle cutting and being extremely physical.

-Devonaire Clarington was there but not playing just watching. You can tell by just standing next to him that he is gonna be a big time player come his senior year. He has tremendous size and looks to have put a lot more muscle on. I am anxious to see how well he can do with Westminster now that he has transferred.

-Ebrey Gaitor and Tobias Harris are two names to keep an eye on for 2016. Gaitor, might seem like a familiar name and it is because he is the brother of current Tampa Bay Cornerback and former FIU Panther Anthony Gaitor. He shows a lot of speed and quickness and also not afraid to jam at the line. Tobias Harris is a receiver who showed good speed and good hands. Both very good 2016 prospects.

Advertisement
Tito. #8 is Tobias Moss. He's actually in the class of 2015 along with Irvin and Cronkrite.

I echo your observations, and will throw the name James Sutton in there as well. He's in the 2016 class with Gaiter and isn't overly athletic but is a big kid and a gamer.

Gaiter is special. Has the right mentality and is ultra quick. Plays much bigger than he is, similar to Irvin. But he is tiny, which will be an issue for him.

Clarington outperformed Ravian Pierce at one of the camps they were at. D$ said Pierce is the best TE he has seen in some time. Pretty high praise there.

Advertisement
Barrow was out there today. UM is paying attention over there.

UM is paying attention and it is clearly focused on Irvin. The debate is what position will he play. As far as Cronkrite is concerned, he may get an offer but I wouldnt hold my breath. They are very unsure about where he can play. And that is coming from the head coach at Westminster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back