West Virginia

Gogeta Fact*

Randy Shannon actually coached Damon Cogdell in youth football .

Ivan Sticks Mccartney could of went to Um..i think he chose other wise. He still is a canes fan though.

Geno and Stedman made the right choice and broke records and both went to the nfl. Geno is still collecting nfl checks.

Im the biggest Miramar homer on this board lol

Cogdell was taking all elgible kids up to camp at wvu and did a good job setting the pace and getting Miramar kids recruited to div 1 ...with alot of them going to WVU and other programs.

MirAMAR HAS A SLEEPER SAFETY RIGHT NOW..Good size kid..about 6'1 190 or so.

Balom is going to be a good player for us as well..Miramar kids produce.
Random but interesting UM connection: I found out recently that Geno Smith is related to Melvin Bratton. Cousins I think.

Advertisement
Random but interesting UM connection: I found out recently that Geno Smith is related to Melvin Bratton. Cousins I think.
yea i think through his mom.

Geno's dad family is from my island in the bahamas..They come from a line of athletes (Boxing, Track, Football) All with members that went pro at all 3 sports.

Geno has a younger cousin right now that has a UM offer as a 9th grader out of Pace at WR.

It's so weird u have to kiss a coaches *** to get a kid. Isn't it the kids *** u got to kiss? So weird.....I would never let a HC or someone I'm tight with on a HS staff tell me where tf I'm going. Cause at the end of the day that coach ain't coming with u he's staying his *** in HS.
For a lot of these kids, their football coach is the biggest influence in their lives. I think a lot of these coaches also legit care for their players like they would their own kids. Now, there are some coaches looking to parlay their gig at a “pipeline” high school into something in the college ranks so unfortunately kids occasionally become pawns in the coach’s career chess game but I don’t think that’s the case at most schools

For a lot of these kids, their football coach is the biggest influence in their lives. I think a lot of these coaches also legit care for their players like they would their own kids. Now, there are some coaches looking to parlay their gig at a “pipeline” high school into something in the college ranks so unfortunately kids occasionally become pawns in the coach’s career chess game but I don’t think that’s the case at most schools
Sucks I wouldn't do that as a kid or coach I would never be kiss ***. I would just be real

Advertisement
Back