Were not even in the same league as the top teams

More concerned about the coaching than the talent on the field. None of our coaches would make it on any of those teams staffs in the position they are with us. They wouldn’t even get an interview, let alone the job. That’s the real tragedy. We keep getting outcasts or people who get an elavated title with us and, we’ll, you see the results.

Advertisement
I think we are well below the top 15 teams. We get talent but simply do not develop nor use it.
I think we have some talented players just not enough to compete with real top twenty teams. Our lines are **** you don't compete with **** lines. Our LBers are over rated too. V was not a top twenty team IMO. Let's see how we do against Pit on the road and they're another bum team. I look back at the 2001 team that had Coker who was an average coach. That year we won because we were loaded with talent. Most of the time talent rises to the top even on bad teams, I just don't think we have many great players.

What will it take to get back there if ever?

the ohio st, ga, bama, clemson, okla

none of are guys would even get playing time at any of these programs will we ever be back

Wait, we're not on that level? Who is the OP talking to?

Agreed. We were fighting UF with brand new green QB and LT. Looking at difference Enos made in Kosi, I think he beats UF, and absolutely beats UNC and VT. I supported Jarren when the decision was made but clearly Kosi plays with a different instinct. His drives end in the endzone more often.
I'm giving Kosi credit he played good enough to win the other night. Let's see how he does on the road at Pit. I don't see us winning there or him playing good enough to win. I hope he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
I'm giving Kosi credit he played good enough to win the other night. Let's see how he does on the road at Pit. I don't see us winning there or him playing good enough to win. I hope he proves me wrong.
He still gambles and thro
Considering he's now playing with a legitimate QB coach and in an offense that doesn't have his hands tied behind his back, he looks much better.

Doesn’t even look like the same league. We are light years away from being a contenders. We need a huge talent upgrade at OL, defensive back , LB and coaching.

Yep, if you can’t play on the road your not very good. On the road, you like to rely on your D and run game. Our d might hold up, but this OL is sooooo ******* bad I will never be able to establish a consistent run game.

Advertisement
We are more than capable of winning our division with this team but we have a bunch of high school coaches blowing it weekly. Let’s focus on beating basketball schools before we talk about competing with the bag schools

What will it take to get back there if ever?

the ohio st, ga, bama, clemson, okla

none of are guys would even get playing time at any of these programs will we ever be back

I argue this all the time and get told it doesn't matter.

You have to combine Blue Chip ratio above 60% and combine this with a capable coaching staff.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.10.14 AM.png

Agreed. We were fighting UF with brand new green QB and LT. Looking at difference Enos made in Kosi, I think he beats UF, and absolutely beats UNC and VT. I supported Jarren when the decision was made but clearly Kosi plays with a different instinct. His drives end in the endzone more often.

X100%. I was pulling for Williams last year to get some time. Rosier’s n Perry’s play was awful last year. Thinking, if we just had a QB that could pass for over 65%, getting the ball to our playmakers, all would be good with the offense. Boy was I wrong. Perry has reignited this offense, he can evade pressure and make hard throws that need velocity. Staff would be nuts to replace Perry with Williams now. Perry is our QB moving forward, no doubt.

Advertisement
Back