Went to the game (TVD)

supacane

Senior
Was not gonna go to anymore games cuz i rather not be mad every Saturday. Went, was pretty decent size crowd for a nooner and its GT plus both team records. Anyway, TVD, that's why i went. Dude is legit, i said it multiple times, him and Jake are better at running the offense before King decided to get surgery. Also i don't think people should be too surprised, he is not a true FR and he has the arm talent. What surprised me is his decision making. There was one where he threw to X and it was double covered as he didn't see the corner peeling off his guy. Other than that he makes proper decisions. Someone said he is a one read QB, lies, he scans the field, evades pressure when necessary, takes off when necessary. I don't see him having some calamity like Perry had with bad picks.
The sign of a good QB is making simple throws look routine, slants, swing passes, dump offs. He does

Whomever is the coach next year got a real good one. We have to be careful not to crown players too quick but he went against basically the 2 best ACC teams or 2 outa 3 and tore them up. Without drops is 450-500 against GT. I think we struck gold.

I hope we can back our way into the ACCCG, It would be nice to see this guy on national tv in prime time. Also i want Diaz replaced but seeing what TVD is doing in Lashlee offense, im conflicted. If we can Diaz and keep Lashlee I would be for it. Lets be clear Diaz is still trash. We need a proper DC with credentials and we need a HC who will change the mentality of the entire program.

Advertisement
I was there but I was trying to enjoy myself so not watching much but I did see some great stuff and a few “errant” throws.

I’m sure it’s been said but that happens to qbs who throw with anticipation. When Rambo doesn’t turn the route to the back of the end zone and you throw it before he breaks you look bad. Doesn’t mean you are.

Very excited to see this kid every week which is something I haven’t felt in a while. Even Brock Berlin had to see the guy open to throw the ball and every qb since then. Fun to have a real player back there.

Advertisement
How did you know “him and Jake were better at running the offense.”

Based on what was Jake better at running the offense?

******* morans…

Go Canes!

We need a real coaching staff behind this kid. We can not let good QB play go to waste next year.

He’s been almost Tua like on those RPO slants. He still tends to leave the pocket too early and running into pressure but they can be corrected.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the line especially in pass protection.

Advertisement
Was not gonna go to anymore games cuz i rather not be mad every Saturday. Went, was pretty decent size crowd for a nooner and its GT plus both team records. Anyway, TVD, that's why i went. Dude is legit, i said it multiple times, him and Jake are better at running the offense before King decided to get surgery. Also i don't think people should be too surprised, he is not a true FR and he has the arm talent. What surprised me is his decision making. There was one where he threw to X and it was double covered as he didn't see the corner peeling off his guy. Other than that he makes proper decisions. Someone said he is a one read QB, lies, he scans the field, evades pressure when necessary, takes off when necessary. I don't see him having some calamity like Perry had with bad picks.
The sign of a good QB is making simple throws look routine, slants, swing passes, dump offs. He does

Whomever is the coach next year got a real good one. We have to be careful not to crown players too quick but he went against basically the 2 best ACC teams or 2 outa 3 and tore them up. Without drops is 450-500 against GT. I think we struck gold.

I hope we can back our way into the ACCCG, It would be nice to see this guy on national tv in prime time. Also i want Diaz replaced but seeing what TVD is doing in Lashlee offense, im conflicted. If we can Diaz and keep Lashlee I would be for it. Lets be clear Diaz is still trash. We need a proper DC with credentials and we need a HC who will change the mentality of the entire program.
The play calls either remake or break.
The 2pt play call was stupid... automatic roll out and take away half the field immediately, when you're already on the goal line...the two 4ht down calls were easily read...not sure why we don't run a quick PA with a short flat or slant...just stupid.
But yes TVD is making Lashlee money that's for sure

Advertisement
The exciting thing is that he actually has a good amount of room for improvement. His pocket presence and movement really is average at best. He also lets his mechanics break down sometimes, which he can sorta get away with because of his arm talent, but still. He really could be something special when it’s all said and done.

TVD anticipates or visualizes how things are developing very well and makes the right decision based on how things will be. This is a very rare skill.

2 point conversion being an exception. And we still could have lost. There was some horrendous not tackling. Like bad news bears.

TVD anticipates or visualizes how things are developing very well and makes the right decision based on how things will be. This is a very rare skill.

2 point conversion being an exception. And we still could have lost. There was some horrendous not tackling. Like bad news bears.
Bad decision and bad throw, but if Mallory actually tried to make a play on it, it may have just been an incompletion. I haven’t rewatched it, but my memory form when I saw it happen on tv is that it was behind Mallory but he hardly made any effort for the ball.

Advertisement
Bad decision and bad throw, but if Mallory actually tried to make a play on it, it may have just been an incompletion. I haven’t rewatched it, but my memory form when I saw it happen on tv is that it was behind Mallory but he hardly made any effort for the ball.
He tried to squeeze it between 2 guys to get it to Mallory, and was throwing back a bit cross the field. it was aa bad decision but also a bad play call. Let this guy drop back and have an entire field to scan. Don’t limit him to half the field.

How did you know “him and Jake were better at running the offense.”

Based on what was Jake better at running the offense?

******* morans…

Go Canes!
They are better at running the entire operation. They are better actual QBs than King. Our RPOs are better the running backs are finding more room. I seen it from the spring game. King keeps when he should hand off and vica versa. My opinion and what I seen.

I’m too lazy to look it up right now but I will later….but I’ll say I’ll put money that we haven’t had a QB put up the numbers he has in 3 straight games in a long time.

79/109 for 1140, 10 TDs and 1 pick?

That’s 10.45 YPA for those scoring at home. There are only 2 kids in America averaging more for the season.

He made a couple of off decisions today but I mean….who doesnt

Anyone says he’s a one read quarterback has no clue what they’re seeing
He is not a one read guy at all, but I’ve noticed he predetermines his target some times. A great example was the throw to X where he was double covered. He was going there no matter what.

Advertisement
Back