Welp on the bright side of things our D is ranked 4th in the nation

Advertisement
Too early. I'm waiting until we start ACC play before I give the rankings any credence.

I like our style of Defense a lot & have defended them throughout the offseason, but we have to stop the run. Our Run Defense is too inconsistent & our lack of gap integrity leaves us susceptible to too many big plays.

I wanna see how we look vs Toledo on the road, we let them hang around way to much last year & their WR's were giving our Corners work. Woodside is gone so we shouldn't have a problem with their passing attack this time, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Also wanna see if they can step up & put their foot on FSU's neck. FSU is complete garbage this year, they have an even worse OL than us & none of the WR's are elite, we should actually blow them out this year rivalry game or not.

But in their favor, our Punter does put them at a decided disadvantage having to defend on short field possessions because Feagles struggles at flipping the field & pinning teams in their own red zone.

Even with that said, no excuses we need to generate more pass rush, play more Press coverage with our Corners, dial down the Zone Blitz & STOP THE RUN.

Advertisement
As long as we keep struggling on 3rd downs and Feagles keeps punting the ball 10-20 yards our D will be all world.

Advertisement
Too bad the teams in the Coastal won't give you much indication either. The division is filled with subpar offensive units. Diaz will have to wait till Clemson to get slapped again.

Advertisement
4th in what category?

Yards per game.
Total yards allowed.
Yards allowed per play.
Points allowed per game.

Diaz reads CIS.

He saw all the hate threads after LSU and was like "Take that Savannah St." :braveheart2:

Advertisement
Our Punter and QB cost us the LSU game. Otherwise our D was pretty stout. Problem was if they gave up one first down LSU was in FG range.

Advertisement
Back