Welp on the bright side of things our D is ranked 4th in the nation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Opponents have only converted 18.75% of third downs against MIami this year. I understand they just mauled Savannah State but even LSU was only like 2-13 on third down.
Sorry I meant "we" as in our offense. In other words, if our offense and special teams keep giving opposing teams a short field by not sustaining drives, struggling on 3rd down, and by shanking punts, it is going to make our defense look better than it is on paper.

I really don't count that chit until the mid point of the season. Too many cupcakes to get a real gauge of the D. But I think our Defense will be pretty good! As long as they cut down on the rotations, and keep a baller at each level, they might be really good. But the stats is below. On the flip side, Check out FSU with the 95th Ranked D. They may have a Coach Doritos over there lmao.

NCAA.com

Advertisement
D isn't the problem (although depth is a problem, which it shouldn't be in year 3). The problem is QB, entire Oline as it is presently constituted, and punter.

Our Punter and QB cost us the LSU game. Otherwise our D was pretty stout. Problem was if they gave up one first down LSU was in FG range.
Exactly 3 and Outs with 20 yard punts is a recipe for disaster.

Advertisement
Opponents have only converted 18.75% of third downs against MIami this year. I understand they just mauled Savannah State but even LSU was only like 2-13 on third down.

They averaged 6.5 yards per play on first down when the game was relevant for a brief time. Many teams don’t need 3 downs they can usually get a fresh set in 1 or 2 downs when their QB has a perfect passer rating.

Advertisement
ACC doesn't mean much these days. A rebuilding Texas A&M (4th or 5th best in SEC) almost beat our best team. Redwine won't even get drafted in the first 4 rounds or at all.

Nah most likely Texas A&M is the 3rd best team in the SEC behind Bama and UGa.

Aside from that Redwine is one of the best safeties in college football

Advertisement
Back