Welp Gents..The Last Stand of Wyatt Golden and his immortals

Advertisement
I don't see what's so hard to get.

A week ago Pete was thinking we were getting everyone. Now, there's a possibility we don't get any of the kids that recruiting sites were saying Miami was set for a grand slam, HR, or a strike out.

Striking out on the final day of the season sucks, regardless of if you were the HR champ the year before or not.

Pete's done a great job but NOBODY knows what all these kids are thinking. It's as naive to think we are getting nobody as it is to EVER think we were getting everybody. I'll bet we sign at least 3 of the big seven kids we are still waiting on. 3 of Thomas, Kirkland, Grace, Bostwick, Bryant, Edwards, or Coley will be Canes. Add that to what we have already, and the class is fine. It's not as good as everybody has wanted to believe the last few weeks, but that just wasn't realistic.

Like I said, gotta hope Al has a few aces up his sleeve. Look, I know this was going to be a small class. And yes, we did get some solid kids, but there are some key areas we needed bodies. If we end up without an RB, WR, and DTs in this class, there is no way we can spin this as anything short of a major setback. Hoping at least Edwards comes through, and Grace comes through.

I'd scratch WR, we were taking a stud only.

DT is the one that has me scratching my head (if we strike out with Bryant and Bostwick). Don't understand how a stud DT doesn't look at our depth chart and jump at the chance to get on campus.

A week ago Pete was thinking we were getting everyone. Now, there's a possibility we don't get any of the kids that recruiting sites were saying Miami was set for a grand slam, HR, or a strike out.

Striking out on the final day of the season sucks, regardless of if you were the HR champ the year before or not.

Pete's done a great job but NOBODY knows what all these kids are thinking. It's as naive to think we are getting nobody as it is to EVER think we were getting everybody. I'll bet we sign at least 3 of the big seven kids we are still waiting on. 3 of Thomas, Kirkland, Grace, Bostwick, Bryant, Edwards, or Coley will be Canes. Add that to what we have already, and the class is fine. It's not as good as everybody has wanted to believe the last few weeks, but that just wasn't realistic.

Never said we were getting everyone or nobody. Simply saying its not hard to understand the mood in here.

I suspect we'll get a couple kids and a surprise or two tomorrow (as in backup plan types).

**** USC just lost 3 more recruits today. Down to 12 commits....(I know that's how many we have but just a couple weeks ago they were the #1 class in the country).

Advertisement
JMO but I don't expect any backup plans unless we miss on Edwards.

I think we are going top choice or move on to 2014. We've got lots of bodies at most positions and 2014 is loaded.

**** USC just lost 3 more recruits today. Down to 12 commits....(I know that's how many we have but just a couple weeks ago they were the #1 class in the country).

Being a USC this time of year would be some ****. The always always gain and lose top tier talent in bunches.

JMO but I don't expect any backup plans unless we miss on Edwards.

I think we are going top choice or move on to 2014. We've got lots of bodies at most positions and 2014 is loaded.

It's the best approach IMHO. I cringe at the thought of Duke getting hurt though. We're scary thin at that position next year if we miss Edwards and Dillard is who some say he is.

Advertisement

Never said we were getting everyone or nobody. Simply saying its not hard to understand the mood in here.

I suspect we'll get a couple kids and a surprise or two tomorrow (as in backup plan types)

That's not striking out though. Striking out is getting nobody you wanted. If we land Grace, one of Bostwick and Bryant, and a couple of plan B's on top of what we already have this class is fine, and it's a normal close for a small class.

Advertisement
Back