Welp Gents..The Last Stand of Wyatt Golden and his immortals

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
We are either going to surprise tommorow by pulling someone like Bryant or Bostwick, Edwards, and a few others, or we are going down EPIC style... I sure hope Al has got something up his sleeve, or this is going to be the ugliest close I can remember.

Have to hope, feeble as it may be, that the Brooks news is actually good news. The timing of it all does seem like maybe we told him we are out of room. Which hopefully means we will get either Bryant or Bostwick.

If not, I might set fire to my computer tomorrow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gonna be on my commute during the Thomas announcement.

Don't think I want to look at my phone to see the result.

This last week has been brutal, after the duke game it felt like we were about to roll thru signing day.

Wasn't planning on it, but the entertainment is too good to pass up. Call in sick and start F5'ing Twitter and this board at sunrise and prepare for the lulz of the anguished.

Advertisement
why is this end of the world? didnt you guys close strong last year? sometimes **** happens. UF closed with a dud last year (but i liked our overall class)....UGA is losing almost every big time recruit in their state this year (adams is suppposedly signing with auburn)...and UGA is likely losing their DC to either philly or the saints...for as bad as you think it is, it is worse somewhere else

I don't get the pessimism. Are we really to believe Golden was planning on signing 18 or so kids, and is only going to take 14 kids? We aren't striking out tomorrow. People are letting the Collins deal get to them too much. Tomorrow we will pull in at least 2-3 kids that aren't current verbals.

Advertisement
why is this end of the world? didnt you guys close strong last year? sometimes **** happens. UF closed with a dud last year (but i liked our overall class)....UGA is losing almost every big time recruit in their state this year (adams is suppposedly signing with auburn)...and UGA is likely losing their DC to either philly or the saints...for as bad as you think it is, it is worse somewhere else

Agree with this. We won't close well and miss on some big targets but still some **** good players in a small class. For the star whores the class will have a similar average to 2012.

The Richardson rumors coming out the night before f'ing signing day when we badly need Edwards is really the cherry on top.

Advertisement
Like I said, gotta hope Al has a few aces up his sleeve. Look, I know this was going to be a small class. And yes, we did get some solid kids, but there are some key areas we needed bodies. If we end up without an RB, WR, and DTs in this class, there is no way we can spin this as anything short of a major setback. Hoping at least Edwards comes through, and Grace comes through.

I don't see what's so hard to get.

A week ago Pete was thinking we were getting everyone. Now, there's a possibility we don't get any of the kids that recruiting sites were saying Miami was set for a grand slam, HR, or a strike out.

Striking out on the final day of the season sucks, regardless of if you were the HR champ the year before or not.

Advertisement
It's generally not a good thing for Florida recruiting when your "Florida Recruiting Coordinator" is potentially on his way to the NFL.

I'm lying to myself thinking I'm gonna take the high road and not follow too much because recruiting has ceased being an enjoyable activity.

We should hold an all night vigil, lol, I'm hitting the sack, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst
Not gonna post tomorrow since the board will probably crash
One last thought, it tomorrow goes to ****, don't worry too much, we should still have a good team in 2013, as many have said, it makes a huge difference to recruits when they hear ten wins vs 7 wins, they want to see results...and as we know the 2014 class in sofl is loaded
Oh and that ******* NCAA **** better be off our ****s soon, that'll help

Fact is even though everyone focuses on DL we addressed huge huge needs already.

1. QB
2. Safety
3. TE

RB and DL are problems as well but we hit home runs in these 3 vital areas IMO. We also have done a solid great job on the OL depending on Kirkland.

DL can still be not only salvaged but can be a home run as well.

Advertisement
Back