Well, well, well....

Advertisement

22905078-6B18-4918-BA69-E4DB1F26E30D.gif

Advertisement
We don’t need Miami bros hiring more Miami bros
Yeah but unless another suit like Ruiz or someone else takes control of the Mas guys, Mario is getting 4 years. We’re looking/hoping for a Chip Kelly like ascension.

I just don’t think Mario is getting the hook 2-3 years in

Advertisement
I was unjustly banned for six months because I said in a few threads that Mario Cristobal hadnt showed anything meaningful on the trail yet and wasn‘t a big time coach. I was accused of trolling, but I wasn't.

The offseason Cristobal suckfest was the most despicable thing I’ve ever seen as a Miami fan. 90% of the fanbase was ready to anoint the guy for the same reasons they crowned Diaz, just in a slightly different way. Cristobal was doing the fake tough guy stuff and the fans and media ate it up. Meanwhile, we had just hired a coach without doing an actual COACHING SEARCH for the second consecutive time. And we hired a guy whose resume did not justify his hiring whatsoever. He had average success at Oregon, a far superior program. But he has no X and O ability or proven ability to take lesser talent and win games. He coached under Saban for years and could never get a gig coordinating there--so he had to become a "co" offensive coordinator under WILLIE TAGGART. Yet Miami fans thought this guy was incredible.

Miami has crappy talent as I have been correctly saying for years, but the problem isn't recruiting. The problem is that Miami repeatedly hires coaches who have no proven ability to take a certain product and then make it better, based upon the delusional belief that Miami has some specific and unique "culture" that others just "don't get." This is why Miami hires clowns like Wario and Diaz. Football is secondary, vibes are the most important thing.

Miami will return to being a somewhat competitive P5 program when they stop thinking they are a unique program that doesn't have to hire good X and O coaches. This has been the Miami MO for years. Since Miami already missed the boat on Kiffin (an actual coach), my hope is that they hire a boring graybeard coach with zero connections to the program who can actually get the players do basic things correctly and win 8 or 9 games a year, and then build from there. Cristobal isn't going to win anything here--his "recruiting ability" is meaningless because he can't compete on the field and he was always overrated as a recruiter too.
Agree man
Bottom line is
Mario is only really skill is his recruiting
So the question will be will the fan base give him enough time for him to recruit “his” players
He basically has to land guys like okunola and maiguoa to have any chance of success

There were plenty of options better than mario with the money miami spent.

Lane was too miami for miami.
We opened the bank for yet another **** homer hire. Big Manny is a craptastic fit for Miami. I don't give a **** if he played here. Everything about his coaching style sucks for us. FFS, Al Golden is better than this. Manny Diaz is better than this. Mark Richt, Randy Shannon, Larry Coker... This is what you get when you make yet another nepotistic hire.

Mario sucks. What is his career record now? We're spending how much for an F'n loser?

For the record, I thought he was overrated as a player as well.

Advertisement
Racism
Lane should have just faked a Cuban accent
And shown he was Miami enough
But oh wells
**** is done
Another 5 years of mediocrity
By then well probably part of the sun belt

Advertisement
Didn'
Agree man
Bottom line is
Mario is only really skill is his recruiting
So the question will be will the fan base give him enough time for him to recruit “his” players
He basically has to land guys like okunola and maiguoa to have any chance of success
Didn't he have his players last year at Oregon? How did that turn out? He sucks. Yeah, he might be able to recruit, but talent alone will not win you jack. This current roster is more talented than Duke. It is more talented than MTSU. Dear God, how much talent will Stuper Mario need to compete with Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, etc? The **** Buffalo Bills roster? ****, he'd lose with them as well.

Didn'

Didn't he have his players last year at Oregon? How did that turn out? He sucks. Yeah, he might be able to recruit, but talent alone will not win you jack. This current roster is more talented than Duke. It is more talented than MTSU. Dear God, how much talent will Stuper Mario need to compete with Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, etc? The **** Buffalo Bills roster? ****, he'd lose with them as well.
He’s similar to Ed orgeron
Can’t win unless he has elite talent everywhere
No real skill except recruiting
Mario needs to recruit that level of talent to win
And so far his recruiting is not good enough

Advertisement
Back