Well, well, well....

Advertisement
I was unjustly banned for six months because I said in a few threads that Mario Cristobal hadnt showed anything meaningful on the trail yet and wasn‘t a big time coach. I was accused of trolling, but I wasn't.

The offseason Cristobal suckfest was the most despicable thing I’ve ever seen as a Miami fan. 90% of the fanbase was ready to anoint the guy for the same reasons they crowned Diaz, just in a slightly different way. Cristobal was doing the fake tough guy stuff and the fans and media ate it up. Meanwhile, we had just hired a coach without doing an actual COACHING SEARCH for the second consecutive time. And we hired a guy whose resume did not justify his hiring whatsoever. He had average success at Oregon, a far superior program. But he has no X and O ability or proven ability to take lesser talent and win games. He coached under Saban for years and could never get a gig coordinating there--so he had to become a "co" offensive coordinator under WILLIE TAGGART. Yet Miami fans thought this guy was incredible.

Miami has crappy talent as I have been correctly saying for years, but the problem isn't recruiting. The problem is that Miami repeatedly hires coaches who have no proven ability to take a certain product and then make it better, based upon the delusional belief that Miami has some specific and unique "culture" that others just "don't get." This is why Miami hires clowns like Wario and Diaz. Football is secondary, vibes are the most important thing.

Miami will return to being a somewhat competitive P5 program when they stop thinking they are a unique program that doesn't have to hire good X and O coaches. This has been the Miami MO for years. Since Miami already missed the boat on Kiffin (an actual coach), my hope is that they hire a boring graybeard coach with zero connections to the program who can actually get the players do basic things correctly and win 8 or 9 games a year, and then build from there. Cristobal isn't going to win anything here--his "recruiting ability" is meaningless because he can't compete on the field and he was always overrated as a recruiter too.
I caught a week ban for calling Sorryrio Cristobal….Manny 2.0

I was unjustly banned for six months because I said in a few threads that Mario Cristobal hadnt showed anything meaningful on the trail yet and wasn‘t a big time coach. I was accused of trolling, but I wasn't.

The offseason Cristobal suckfest was the most despicable thing I’ve ever seen as a Miami fan. 90% of the fanbase was ready to anoint the guy for the same reasons they crowned Diaz, just in a slightly different way. Cristobal was doing the fake tough guy stuff and the fans and media ate it up. Meanwhile, we had just hired a coach without doing an actual COACHING SEARCH for the second consecutive time. And we hired a guy whose resume did not justify his hiring whatsoever. He had average success at Oregon, a far superior program. But he has no X and O ability or proven ability to take lesser talent and win games. He coached under Saban for years and could never get a gig coordinating there--so he had to become a "co" offensive coordinator under WILLIE TAGGART. Yet Miami fans thought this guy was incredible.

Miami has crappy talent as I have been correctly saying for years, but the problem isn't recruiting. The problem is that Miami repeatedly hires coaches who have no proven ability to take a certain product and then make it better, based upon the delusional belief that Miami has some specific and unique "culture" that others just "don't get." This is why Miami hires clowns like Wario and Diaz. Football is secondary, vibes are the most important thing.

Miami will return to being a somewhat competitive P5 program when they stop thinking they are a unique program that doesn't have to hire good X and O coaches. This has been the Miami MO for years. Since Miami already missed the boat on Kiffin (an actual coach), my hope is that they hire a boring graybeard coach with zero connections to the program who can actually get the players do basic things correctly and win 8 or 9 games a year, and then build from there. Cristobal isn't going to win anything here--his "recruiting ability" is meaningless because he can't compete on the field and he was always overrated as a recruiter too.
People always wanna see everything as they want it to be not how it is.

Advertisement
lane kiffin fau football GIF

Advertisement
I don’t think Lane was the answer either

But we certainly would be in a better spot than we are now

Then again Golden would have us in a better spot than we are now

My only hope was that we would bring in an overwhelming amount of talent and football IQ to mask Mario’s deficiencies

We did not accomplish that

Manny would've as well.

As for bringing in talent, if I'm a verbal or in our sights, I'm grabbing a lifevest to jump overboard with as this thing is heading towards and iceberg.

The next guy I want at the top is someone who is an experienced head coach who isn't some position coach, but has tangible results offensively. Offense rules the day.

Just another porst hollering “I told you so”. You may very well be right, but how many fingers and toes you got OP? Less than those digits are the amount of people that gives 2 shyts. I’d be curious to see if the results were different if you’d be in here eating crow.

Just another porst hollering “I told you so”. You may very well be right, but how many fingers and toes you got OP? Less than those digits are the amount of people that gives 2 shyts. I’d be curious to see if the results were different if you’d be in here eating crow.
Well should be expected. If the opposite was happening all us haters would be getting called out and I would gladly eat crow.

Advertisement
If how you're saying you were banned is true.... horrendous look from CIS. They can ban my *** for snapping back at posters all they want, but to ban posters because they're hating on a coaching hire just confirms this website is not ran the same way it used to be.

But to be expected I guess, moderators do whatever they want or back out of their words to no consequence around here.
He came on here calling Ruiz a liar and a fraud. There were different things coming together plus the history.

I enjoyed everything about this thread title and all.

Lane isn't coming and doesn't want to come. He has a better program, a better team, in a better conference, and he's undefeated and in the top 10. He doesn't have a money problem. Can Miami afford him after Marios buyout? What a rare situation when a school uses its academics to fund the football program to this degree.

Mario will get a chance to prove he's a good recruiter to get kids to find job this term. He also needs to pull the trigger on the OC. We're lucky Duke was taking a knee in the 5. When we called timeout I thought for sure they were going to stick it in.

I caught a week ban for calling Sorryrio Cristobal….Manny 2.0
You’ve also got a behavioral history. You popped off about how things were going to be when we were training to manage the chaos and needed a break. I’m the one who brought you back from the dead here.

Be somewhat normal and there won’t be any issues. For real man. We don’t have time for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back