welcome to the u thread - Derrick Griffin

From texas247

I'm a moderator over here, so this isn't just speculation, and as for his actual grades nobody is going to have that, but his high school coach told us on the record that he has "zero chance" of qualifying to play at the next level. I'll be extremely surprised if Miami can get him in this year.

I'm not a Moderator over here, but I DO know that he fas "zero Chance" of playin' at A&M this year!

Advertisement
He was always a qualifier. Please don't debate me on this.

They have confirmed he is eligible for the 2013 class? I'm not questioning you, I just dont want to read through 20 pages of people arguing weather he will be a TE or X/Y/Z receiver.

Keep Calm and 'Cane On.

He's referring to Lamar Miller, not this new commit

I'm referring to to the person this thread is about. Based on the few posts up, he will be in the 2013 class.

Keep Calm and 'Cane On.

Everyone understand that sir, but he was trying to tell you that the person you first replied to was talking about Lamar Miller "always being a qualifier". NOT Griffin. Keep calm.

From texas247

I'm a moderator over here, so this isn't just speculation, and as for his actual grades nobody is going to have that, but his high school coach told us on the record that he has "zero chance" of qualifying to play at the next level. I'll be extremely surprised if Miami can get him in this year.

I'm not a Moderator over here, but I DO know that he fas "zero Chance" of playin' at A&M this year!

Sounds like a heck of a coach he's got there. Airing him out like that. Way to believe in your kids coach!

Or it's total bull****.

Advertisement
Different type, but a serious upgrade over Kerr if he does end up at TE.

Understatement of the year. This kid is big enough he could be a blocker or receiver. I don't see him being a receiving tight end, I see him being an all around great tight end.

I think if we signed him we have a realistic hope he is going to be able to get in

I would assume right now UM wont be the problem. Clearinghouse is the hurdle

Advertisement
Advertisement
ESPN

"He has to graduate, get all his core courses taken, which he hasn't yet," Terry head coach Tim Teykl told Matt Shodell of CaneSport.com. "No. 3 he has to get a core GPA (to be eligible). No. 4 you have to pass a standardized test (in Texas). And No. 5 he has to have an SAT or ACT that is commensurate with his GPA.

"We're going to hope, pray, worry, fret, motivate, push that this child makes it and qualifies academically."

Advertisement
How do you not take your core classes until your senior year lol

He's had terrible guidance from his high school and coach. Im guessing their only concern was making sure he was eligible to play for them and not too concerned about his future

ESPN

"He has to graduate, get all his core courses taken, which he hasn't yet," Terry head coach Tim Teykl told Matt Shodell of CaneSport.com. "No. 3 he has to get a core GPA (to be eligible). No. 4 you have to pass a standardized test (in Texas). And No. 5 he has to have an SAT or ACT that is commensurate with his GPA.

"We're going to hope, pray, worry, fret, motivate, push that this child makes it and qualifies academically."

well ****. no more X Box for this young man.

ESPN

Oh, is that it?

Advertisement
Back