welcome to the u thread - Derrick Griffin

He can either be a Kelvin Benjamin / Greg Carr type receiver, or a Kellen Winslow type nightmare at tight end.

His body type is too thick to stay a receiver, or so it looks to me. But he could be a first rounder at tight end.

or...best case senario......Calvin Johnson type receiver

Advertisement
From texas247

I'm a moderator over here, so this isn't just speculation, and as for his actual grades nobody is going to have that, but his high school coach told us on the record that he has "zero chance" of qualifying to play at the next level. I'll be extremely surprised if Miami can get him in this year.

Problem with that is how did he have the 2.0 to get on the field

any way we can do something similar to what kansas did with ben mclemore where he came in and redshirted because he was academically ineligible

i know thats basketball but I'm not sure how that kind of thing works

He can either be a Kelvin Benjamin / Greg Carr type receiver, or a Kellen Winslow type nightmare at tight end.

His body type is too thick to stay a receiver, or so it looks to me. But he could be a first rounder at tight end.

Possible, but highly unlikely. Calvin Johnson is probably the biggest freak at the position that will ever exist. He weighs 240 pounds and runs a legit 4.4.

Advertisement

Possible, but highly unlikely. Calvin Johnson is probably the biggest freak at the position that will ever exist. He weighs 240 pounds and runs a legit 4.4.

so youre saying theres a chance

Honestly, if you have a horrific 1.6 GPA through your Junior year and then someone takes an interest in saving you and you run a 3.6 GPA your senior year (6 A's, 4 B's) and get three old D's changed to A's by doing easy online ****, you will graduate with a 2.4

Its almost never too late.

thank me for doing that math:)

:neonu:

From texas247

I'm a moderator over here, so this isn't just speculation, and as for his actual grades nobody is going to have that, but his high school coach told us on the record that he has "zero chance" of qualifying to play at the next level. I'll be extremely surprised if Miami can get him in this year.

Same thing I got from Shaggy.

Advertisement
From texas247

Like I said.

any way we can do something similar to what kansas did with ben mclemore where he came in and redshirted because he was academically ineligible

Thats probably because he tanked school in an alarming fashion leading up to bball season starting, as in skipping class and failing his tests. He wouldnt have gotten into school if he hadnt gotten past the clearinghouse

Advertisement

Thats probably because he tanked school in an alarming fashion leading up to bball season starting, as in skipping class and failing his tests. He wouldnt have gotten into school if he hadnt gotten past the clearinghouse

Only at Marshall.

Honestly, if you have a horrific 1.6 GPA through your Junior year and then someone takes an interest in saving you and you run a 3.6 GPA your senior year (6 A's, 4 B's) and get three old D's changed to A's by doing easy online ****, you will graduate with a 2.4

Its almost never too late.

thank me for doing that math:)

:neonu:

With the right guidance and a little work ethic it can happen. Sad thing is the coach who is saying this about him probably had him take some easy stuff to be eligible for HS football but ignored making up core class grades which will cause him to go juco or prep

Only at Marshall.

The Harvard of the Mountaineer state

Advertisement
the site moderator at texas247 swears Griffin is a top 100 national bball recruit and would have been top 50 had he focused only on bball.

Only at Marshall.

The Harvard of the Mountaineer state

That is their motto it it is on their website check it out www.retardsgo2school.com

Griffin is going to play X receiver and TE in certain formation here

This.

A walking mismatch. He's not a quick twitched guy, so he won't be used to make plays in space. Once he works on his release, he will use his size, strength and jumping ability to make big plays. Big time red zone threat.

Advertisement
Back