Welcome to the Family... and Thank You to the REAL Canes

quick little fact on Sunny Kehoe mentioned tonight that when they were doing measurements of hand lengths Sunny measured out at 12 inches a record at UM.

You need big hands to choke out a lion. Sunny walked away with a new rug.

DEs gonna be chump change for this kid.

Advertisement
I love how Golden mentioned how underrated Burns was in the presser. Such an underrated elite recruit it seems.

quick little fact on Sunny Kehoe mentioned tonight that when they were doing measurements of hand lengths Sunny measured out at 12 inches a record at UM.

Kehoe was gushing about the kid on the morning special on ESPNU. You could tell he was excited about Sonny.

From people I have talked to about Sunny they say the kid is absolutely mammoth and for sure not one to sleep on.

I love how Golden mentioned how underrated Burns was in the presser. Such an underrated elite recruit it seems.

Because all of this "recruiting" stuff is bullsh*t. Kid like Burns commits early and doesnt engage in all the drama, and he ends up an after thought and barely gets any attention, meanwhile, the kid is a phenomenal talent. The whole system punishes kids who make their decisions, commit early and end all the drama. The recruiting services and the media encourage all this drama, showboating and nonsense because it gets people all riled up and paying for memberships and reading stories and watching shows. We had a lot of guys who committed and shut it down early this year, which made it seem like we had a lackluster class, when in fact, its a very good class, just small, and we didnt close with the big "splash" at the end.

Knighton is going to be a steal as well. I love our OL class for it not being star heavy.

Advertisement

Kehoe was gushing about the kid on the morning special on ESPNU. You could tell he was excited about Sonny.

From people I have talked to about Sunny they say the kid is absolutely mammoth and for sure not one to sleep on.

YEP. EVerything I have read is how jacked the staff is about this kid. People say he's a beast and is going to make some SERIOUS impact once he's ready to go.

Sunny is 310 and not even close to filled out. that guy can carry 330 and look skinny.

Very solid class but its impossible to deny the fact that we missed out on a couple of huge guys...Collins, Thomas, Keef

Advertisement
That's a heck of a class. We're one DT short of great and one DT and Matthew Thomas short of spectacular.

We missed out on some big targets, but that is still a **** of a class that a lot of the country would kill to have.

I've been thinking to myself throughout the day (so I don't have to study) that no one in the country gets whoever they want. Bama, LSU, USC, Texas, Georgia, etc. get who they want. Even Bama didn't get all of their targets this year. We lost guys in our backyard that everyone thought we should get, but it wasn't because of a lack of effort. Al and staff put everything they had into this class. The kids were either poorly influenced or just didn't want to be here.

Every other school lost targets out of their backyard, **** LSU lost Dobard to us, Texas lost Seals-Jones and a few others, Georgia struck out huge today on guys from Georgia as did USC with a bunch of commits. Alabama is the only one that I can't think of that didn't lose a player in their territory and that's because they've won 3 of the last 4 MNC and they recruiting base isn't as deep as SFL. **** they may have missed on someone I'm not thinking of anyway. Even Ole Miss who cleaned house missed on Chris Jones from in state.

I guess what I'm saying is that every fanbase has to deal with disappointment from losing players they thought they should have had. It's not just us. Am I ****ed that the targets we lost on? **** yeah I am, but I'm choosing to focus on the ballers we did get. They will compliment our strong class from last year to bring us back to where we should be. We got players who want to be Canes and will bleed orange and green to be successful.

You either run with this U or get run over by it. **** the haters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back