Welcome From Ames!

Advertisement
I’m sorry, apparently the OP had some worthy remarks, but I couldn’t get past “a very fun crew and love Busch Light.”

I tried, but I just couldn’t do it.
I went to Wisconsin for work and was sitting in a pub that has close to a dozen local craft beers on tap. An otherwise intelligent local comes in and orders a Bud Light.

Advertisement
Yeah, thanks, and Canes fans find this slightly unexpected Sweet16 appearance quite delightful too..

Canes versus Cyclones in the Windy City Friday night! How about that?

If the prevailing winds have their say, I predict a big night for McGUSTY!
the sopranos hbo GIF

Isu is a good team and they play great team defense the problem is in reality the canes have FOUR iso players on the floor at any given time. You can’t stop that. If we go up more than 7 they’re going to be hard pressed to keep pace. Because no matter how great you play defense a crack will happen with 4 guys who can get their own shot

Advertisement
Isu is a good team and they play great team defense the problem is in reality the canes have FOUR iso players on the floor at any given time. You can’t stop that. If we go up more than 7 they’re going to be hard pressed to keep pace. Because no matter how great you play defense a crack will happen with 4 guys who can get their own shot
we've played and hung with the KUs and the Baylors of the world all season (Top 10 offenses with top 25 defenses) they have way more horses that Miami, especially from a size and defensive perspective. The only roughly equivalent team to Miami we've played was Iowa and we beat that *** by 20. This aint FSU you're playing and they put you in a hole twice. wake up call is comin kids.

we've played and hung with the KUs and the Baylors of the world all season (Top 10 offenses with top 25 defenses) they have way more horses that Miami, especially from a size and defensive perspective. The only roughly equivalent team to Miami we've played was Iowa and we beat that *** by 20. This aint FSU you're playing and they put you in a hole twice. wake up call is comin kids.
We've played Duke and UNC. They're in our conference. You're no Duke or UNC.

There's a reason you were an 11 seed. That KU and Baylor you brag about were all losses for you.

Oh, and we beat Duke and UNC.

I said isu is a good team and led off with that. And I don’t care who you’ve played none of them are playing essentially 4 guards all game in a 5 out. Not one team you named. Baylor had 2 guys who truly could get their own off the dribble. Same with Kansas. Those teams are better than us as a whole but we present a different challenge. Can’t wait to be woke up though. Canes by at least 7

Haha, like the trash talk. FYI, FSU lost half their team to injuries after they beat us twice. As much as it pains me to say it, had they not had injuries, they would have been in the tournament.

Advertisement
Excuse me for busting in on this dueling weather-related adversaries thread, but I just wanted to congratulate Miami and its fans on making the Sweet 16. I loved watching Coach L kick Bruce Pearl's *** on Sunday, and the "ACC! ACC!" chants were great. Pearl's whining about the SEC tourney beating up his widdle team was priceless. Best of luck against ISU.

I also think the ACC teams that were invited to the tourney proved once again that the B1G and the SEC were overrated while cream typically rises to the top regardless of seeding. The Hoos obviously didn't deserve a bid this year, but Wake got screwed. My bet is they would still be with Duke, Carolina and y'all this coming weekend.

[Side note: my team is still competing in this thing you or may not have heard of called the NIT. I think it stands for Not Invited Tournament or Nobody's Interested Tournament, but I can never remember. It's mildly amusing, but I would rather lose in the first round of the NCAAs (except maybe to certain satellite state universities from the greater Baltimore area) than play in the NIT.]

Excuse me for busting in on this dueling weather-related adversaries thread, but I just wanted to congratulate Miami and its fans on making the Sweet 16. I loved watching Coach L kick Bruce Pearl's *** on Sunday, and the "ACC! ACC!" chants were great. Pearl's whining about the SEC tourney beating up his widdle team was priceless. Best of luck against ISU.

I also think the ACC teams that were invited to the tourney proved once again that the B1G and the SEC were overrated while cream typically rises to the top regardless of seeding. The Hoos obviously didn't deserve a bid this year, but Wake got screwed. My bet is they would still be with Duke, Carolina and y'all this coming weekend.

[Side note: my team is still competing in this thing you or may not have heard of called the NIT. I think it stands for Not Invited Tournament or Nobody's Interested Tournament, but I can never remember. It's mildly amusing, but I would rather lose in the first round of the NCAAs (except maybe to certain satellite state universities from the greater Baltimore area) than play in the NIT.]
Appreciate the well wishes, would be cool to see WF vs UVA for the NIT title.

I love the way the hoo’s handle business. No matter who is in that jersey you guys have a identity and I respect it. I hope this scramble defense becomes a staple of Miami basketball for years to come (with upgrades of course)

Advertisement
I honestly think this comes down to our transition offense which is #1 in the country. You turn the ball over a lot and we generate lots of turnovers. We won't give your amazing defense a chance to get set. Auburn also had a top 10 defense and one of their players was quoted saying they'd give our transition offense trouble. We ended up with 30+ transition points to their 1. Good luck.

**** hitting us with the “we hung with” talk. Really sad. I think the cyclones are a good team just like the canes. But going onto an opposing teams board and saying we ALMOST beat x y and z is pathetic

Ames Iowa is a very good place to be from. Emphasis on "from".

And, yes, I am quite familiar.
Couldn't agree more. Great town to go to college but never wanted to live there post graduation. I would encourage fans from any team to get to a game at Jack Trice tho. Tailgating scene is only 2nd to a few SEC schools. And yes you would be offered plenty of Busch Lattes, no shame.

Advertisement
Back