Week 4 Stat Roll

Advertisement
Mario absolutely nailed both hires. Incredible. I was really nervous after he made so many poor hires his first cycle but desr God did he tirn it around. If he can continue to make these kinds of hires, Miami can win more championships.

Oklahoma just had a slugfest with Cincinnati… who lost to Miami (OH) at home.

Not trying to go all in on the transitive property of wins and losses… but that win was more impressive than most give it credit for.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the real Miami is playing some of the best football in the country right now.

Advertisement
The uncalled holding on our DL is maddening.
It’s really inexplicable. Watching games all day I see holding being called left and right every Saturday except when our defense is on the field. We’re not exactly playing patty cake out there anymore either like in the Dorito days.

It's starting to look like the Ohio Miami win might turn out to be a really solid W. They've looked really good in every game since and might end up as one of the better G5 teams by year end.

He does a G5 one too, it's below the P5 chart in the tweet.

Ohio's Miami is pretty high on the chart, basically same exact EPA as SMU. Maybe the 10th best G5 team right now?

Not trying to go all in on the transitive property of wins and losses… but that win was more impressive than most give it credit for.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the real Miami is playing some of the best football in the country right now.
transitive doesn't predict well but it's good context to how teams are performing.. very interested to see if we can beat GT as soundly as Ole Miss did

Advertisement

No doubt, every metric will tell you The U has been excellent pretty much across the board thus far.

As far as the OU stuff, it's a cumulative chart, and they absolutely dragged Arkansas St and Tulsa. It's probably not really fair to call the Cincy game a "slugfest" either, they did dominate them in what these metrics look for. Remember, this model doesn't care who won or lost the game. It's EPA/play, which is a measurement of basically how effective you are every play vs your opponent. So OU has the 15th best offense in YPP, and the 12th best defense in the same metric. That's why they are where they are on the chart.

He does a G5 one too, it's below the P5 chart in the tweet.

Ohio's Miami is pretty high on the chart, basically same exact EPA as SMU. Maybe the 10th best G5 team right now?
and most of the G5's ranked ahead of Miami (OH) haven't played a Miami (FL) level opponent yet, so they'll probably rise to the top as the season progresses

No doubt, every metric will tell you The U has been excellent pretty much across the board thus far.

As far as the OU stuff, it's a cumulative chart, and they absolutely dragged Arkansas St and Tulsa. It's probably not really fair to call the Cincy game a "slugfest" either, they did dominate them in what these metrics look for. Remember, this model doesn't care who won or lost the game. It's EPA/play, which is a measurement of basically how effective you are every play vs your opponent. So OU has the 15th best offense in YPP, and the 12th best defense in the same metric. That's why they are where they are on the chart.

I made the slugfest comment just based on the game being 10-6 in the 3rd and the final score still not being a full on whooping. But take a look at the stats for that game… actually surprising.

Cincinnati and OU had 21 first downs each, 425-376 total yardage in favor of OU, and Cincinnati had 141 yards rushing to OU’s 103.

OU got the edge with their passing game but based on the stats it looks even more competitive than the final score.

I’m not as concerned about our pass defense as some others. The pass defense efficiency is strong; 55% passers with a **** ton of attempts is a hard recipe to succeed against an offense that averages 8 per clip. Our best defense will be our offense. This is what happened to A&M: they just couldn’t move the ball fast enough to hang with our scoring output. If we stay in the realm, we will win. Our offense is our best defense.

Advertisement
I’m not as concerned about our pass defense as some others. The pass defense efficiency is strong; 55% passers with a **** ton of attempts is a hard recipe to succeed against an offense that averages 8 per clip. Our best defense will be our offense. This is what happened to A&M: they just couldn’t move the ball fast enough to hang with our scoring output. If we stay in the realm, we will win. Our offense is our best defense.
We've had occasional breakdowns in coverage but the pass defense has been solid. They cleaned up quite a bit after an underwhelming first half against Temple. A lot of the numbers are because teams have had to throw it a ton against us.

transitive doesn't predict well but it's good context to how teams are performing.. very interested to see if we can beat GT as soundly as Ole Miss did

We better.

GT gave up 39 points and 7.29 a play to Louisville.

Then they gave up 48 and 9.82 (!!) a play to Ole Miss.

Much better showing last week, winning at Wake and only giving up 16 points on 4.71 yards per play, but Louisville and especially Ole Miss beat the brakes off their defense. Ole Miss ran for 299 on them and threw for 251. I expect to see the same next weekend. 500 yards of offense should be the expectation against these garbage defenses (GT, UVA, Louisville, Boston College, **** even NC State is trash defensively this year).

Advertisement
We better.

GT gave up 39 points and 7.29 a play to Louisville.

Then they gave up 48 and 9.82 (!!) a play to Ole Miss.

Much better showing last week, winning at Wake and only giving up 16 points on 4.71 yards per play, but Louisville and especially Ole Miss beat the brakes off their defense. Ole Miss ran for 299 on them and threw for 251. I expect to see the same next weekend. 500 yards of offense should be the expectation against these garbage defenses (GT, UVA, Louisville, Boston College, **** even NC State is trash defensively this year).
Still sick with GT for ruining this parlay last weekend

Ole miss literally was trying to run the clock out and ran a HB dive play… GT couldn’t tackle worth **** and They gave up a TD with less than a minute and ended up not covering smh

Attachments

• IMG_5406.png
    IMG_5406.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back