Week 4 Gambling

Advertisement
I guess Cane gambling degenerate has ' cash to THROW away. ' hUh. Because I wouldn't go near the Miami vs. Toledo game!:monkey-serious:

Nevertheless I like mighty Penn. St. to ' cover ' the points against Iowa in Iowa City. dUh.

I guess Cane gambling degenerate has ' cash to THROW away. ' hUh. Because I wouldn't go near the Miami vs. Toledo game!:monkey-serious:

Nevertheless I like mighty Penn. St. to ' cover ' the points against Iowa in Iowa City. dUh.

You suck.

Hoping I can get a little info here. Me and my brother decided to get into betting this year, but before I start putting money down I need a little more understanding...

1. Is bravada a good site to start betting on?

2. Is it common for both teams to have a - on the odds for point spread? I thought the underdog would always have a + but that's not the case when looking at spreads on bravada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Hoping I can get a little info here. Me and my brother decided to get into betting this year, but before I start putting money down I need a little more understanding...

2. Is it common for both teams to have a - on the odds for point spread? I thought the underdog would always have a + but that's not the case when looking at spreads on bravada.

You slappin' a fresh bag of wine tonight?

Bravada is an ancient Oldsmobile. Bovada.lv on the other hand is a well-regarded betting site. They started charging a bull**** 5.9% service fee in the last year or two but ignoring that, it's great. Takes credit cards, reliable, free payouts once a month (I think), attractive user interface.

Regarding point spreads, one team will be labeled with a (-) and the other with a (+). For example, on Bovada, our game this week is listed as: Toledo (+13.5), Miami (-13.5). The spread is thus 13.5. If you bet on Miami, you're betting that Miami will win by 14+ points. If you bet on Toledo, you're betting that Toledo will lose by 13 or fewer points (or win, LOL!).

What you may be confusing the spread for is the juice, where both teams are labeled with a (-). For example, our game this week is listed, in full, as: Toledo (+13.5) (-105), Miami (-13.5) (-115). The second number in parentheses for each team is the juice, usually a negative number though not always. What this means is that if you bet Toledo, you'll need to bet $105 to win $100. If you bet Miami, you'll need to bet $115 to make $100. The standard is (-110).

Being that you're new, and this is a sucker's game, for this week I'd consider just writing your woulda-shoulda bets down and keeping your money in your pocket. That way you can see how you'd fair while you get your gambler's legs.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
TexasA&M (-3)
Maryland (-3.5)
Miami (-13.5)
OK State (-14)
Miss State (+4)
Oregon (-14.5)

Last edited:
Advertisement

Bravada is an ancient Oldsmobile. Bovada.lv on the other hand is a well-regarded betting site. They started charging a bull**** 5.9% service fee in the last year or two but ignoring that, it's great. Takes credit cards, reliable, free payouts once a month (I think), attractive user interface.

Regarding point spreads, one team will be labeled with a (-) and the other with a (+). For example, on Bovada, our game this week is listed as: Toledo (+13.5), Miami (-13.5). The spread is thus 13.5. If you bet on Miami, you're betting that Miami will win by 14+ points. If you bet on Toledo, you're betting that Toledo will lose by 13 or fewer points (or win, LOL!).

What you may be confusing the spread for is the juice, where both teams are labeled with a (-). For example, our game this week is listed, in full, as: Toledo (+13.5) (-105), Miami (-13.5) (-115). The second number in parentheses for each team is the juice, usually a negative number though not always. What this means is that if you bet Toledo, you'll need to bet $105 to win $100. If you bet Miami, you'll need to bet $115 to make $100. The standard is (-110).

Being that you're new, and this is a sucker's game, for this week I'd consider just writing your woulda-shoulda bets down and keeping your money in your pocket. That way you can see how you'd fair while you get your gambler's legs.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Helps a ton........Writing down our bets is exactly what we are doing until we catch a no brainer like Mia -3 vs app st or until we get more familiar with the system on BOVADA lol.....

I'm looking at Usf pretty hard. They have covered in every game so far even as a 28 point favorite against a Temple team that beat them and won their division last year.....I remember Franchise or someone else always talking about Umass and I believe they have been covering this year also......I was close to taking VA last night against Boise before my brother talked me out of it. That would have been easy money....

Last edited:

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Helps a ton........Writing down our bets is exactly what we are doing until we catch a no brainer like Mia -3 vs app st or until we get more familiar with the system on BOVADA lol.....

I'm looking at Usf pretty hard. They have covered in every game so far even as a 28 point favorite against a Temple team that beat them and won their division last year.....I remember Franchise or someone else always talking about Umass and I believe they have been covering this year also......I was close to taking VA last night against Boise before my brother talked me out of it. That would have been easy money....

I'm going to advise you to stay away from that UMass-Tenn game. I don't think Tenn is 28 points better than anyone, but UMass stinks and Tenn is playing for Butch's job.

I wouldn't bet Tenn either; it's just a game you stay away from. There's better, safer plays out there, IMO.

Since Wva looks like free money at anything -23 and under is this the game we pound Kansas?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's mine for this weekend (pro game too, obviously):

Miami Dolphins -6
Miami Florida -13½ (added 2nd bet at -12)
Virginia Tech -26½
Georgia Tech -7
UNLV +39
West Virginia -21

th

Advertisement
Back