Week 3 Gambling Thread

mwcane31

Sophomore
Not sure about you guys, but since Miami isn't playing I have to pass the time gambling on other games.

What are some games you guys like?

I like Boise St. -14.5, at home, on a short week tonight.

Okie St -13 @ Pitt
UCLA -3 vs Memphis
Wake Forest -13.5 vs Utah St
UNC -10 @ Old Dominion
Minny -10 vs MTSU
Tenn +4.5 @ UFag
K St -3.5 @ Vandy
Clemson -3 @ Louisville
Texas +15.5 @ USC

What do you think?

Advertisement
UNC -10 @ Old Dominion

^^^ Should be EASY $$$

Here's the ones I've got money on this weekend:

Alabama -28½ vs Colorado St
North Carolina -10 @ ODU
UCLA -3 @ Memphis
Michigan -24 vs Air Force
Ohio State -30½ vs Army
Notre Dame -13 @ Boston College

Baltimore Ravens -7½ vs Cleveland Browns

Advertisement
Take the under 49.5 in UF game.
+7.5 Miss St. @ home vs LSU

Those r the 2 I circled this week.

UCLA-Memphis (-3) this might be the best bet of the 21st century
Illinois-USF (+17 1/2)
Notre Dame-Boston College (-13 1/2)
UNC-Old Dominion (-7 1/2)
Nebraska-N. Illinois (-14)
Purdue-Missouri (+7 1/2)
Tennessee-Florida (+ 5 1/2)
Oregon-Wyoming (-13 1/2)
Tulsa-Toledo (+10)
Boise St-N. Mexico (-14 1/2)

Last edited:
Be careful of games where the spread jumps out at you. That UCLA/Memphis game seems like a typical trap game. I have no idea why the spread is only 3 and that scares me away from it. My favorite game by far is Louisville plus 3 at home against Clemson. Clemson has an inexperienced QB going on the road for the first time in a hostile environment. While Louisville has the best player on the field. I'm not high on Louisville for the whole year but everyone is doubting them and when you have a big game where the best player is at home and going against an inexperience QB and getting points it seems like a ton of value.

Look at public betting. If the public is 80% or more for a team and the spread doesn't move accordingly, fade the public hard. Over 50% easy.

Advertisement
If the spread seems to good to be true and you have a conviction, bet it. Vegas isn't trying to trick anybody.

Advertisement
Duke -14 against Baylor who has lost to Liberty and UTSA this year seems decent.

Another under the radar game is SDST getting I think 10 at home vs Stanford. Really like the home dog in this one, SDST just beat ASU on the road last week and have a really decent team, home dog at night looks like a good bet.

Advertisement
Last weeks head scratcher was Michigan St. -7.5 vs Western Michigan. I took that one to the bank. won by 14.

Duke -14 against Baylor who has lost to Liberty and UTSA this year seems decent.

Another under the radar game is SDST getting I think 10 at home vs Stanford. Really like the home dog in this one, SDST just beat ASU on the road last week and have a really decent team, home dog at night looks like a good bet.

My book still has this at Stanford -8.5. Im going to stay away but if I were to bet it, I would take Stanford.

Advertisement
Back