Week 1 gambling thread

Advertisement
Houston +23.5 against OU? I really don’t trust Hurts much, OU replacing 4 OL starters, new DC. Holgorsen has a great college QB in King.

Houston +23.5 against OU? I really don’t trust Hurts much, OU replacing 4 OL starters, new DC. Holgorsen has a great college QB in King.
All comes down to OU's D and whether they can slow down WVU coach's attack. I could see that bet go either way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is so out there that I'm gonna blindly tail. Let's ride.

Both teams sucked last year with each team only winning once. 9 returning starters on offense for Houston Baptist should mean an improvement on their 29ppg from last season. UTEP offense last year avg 17ppg and are without their starting QB and RB for this game. Their defense was bad last year and only return 5 starters. 18 points looks like a **** of a lot of points for a bad team to cover. Not only do I think UTEP won't cover, but Houston Baptist may flat out take the W.

Boise State Money Line turned my lil $500 up.

I got Oregon Money Line for $100 left on my day.

I bet the Ole Miss Memphis and Ole **** let me down

There was another thread started this week talking about Week 1 gambling picks, FYI. Not saying that because I care you started another, just in case you wanted to read those posts.

I've got GT in a parlay getting all those points. But I dunno, going to be really tough for them to adapt away from the triple option as basically their entire roster is geared to that. Especially the case on the o line. They may get massacred. But that's a sh-t ton of points.

I'm torn on UCLA/Cincy. It'll be wild in Cincy tonight, that goes in their favor. But Chip Kelly's crew is the big unknown at this point. Could see that game going either way.
What is the other thread? I didn’t see anything else on the first two pages.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone want to work on a quantitative model? I'm scraping data from various sites and have stood up several databases storing the data. The db tracks stats such as:
3rd_Down_Conversion_Pct
3rd_Down_Conversion_Pct_Defense
4th_Down_Conversion_Pct
4th_Down_Conversion_Pct_Defense
Completion_Percentage
Fewest_Penalties
Fewest_Penalties_Per_Game
Fewest_Penalty_Yards
First_Downs_Defense
First_Downs_Offense
Fumbles_Lost
Fumbles_Recovered
Kickoff_Return_Defense

Around 43 categories in total...
I wrote the scrapers recently, so only have 2018 data and week-to-week data for 2019. This data can be found on ncaa, but I've reprojected it from a team perspective, so queries on teams return stats across all categories.
Let me know if you'd a) simply like access, b) can help with testing, c) assist w/model development (linear regression/random forest/logistic).

I'm based out of Brooklyn, NY.

Had Wisc. And Colorado straight and a 100 3 team parlay with Wisc./LSU/UGA

WF ***ed me or I’d have had a perfect weekend and another 3 teamer.

Advertisement
Back