Week 1 gambling thread

DC3

Recruit
Premium
Got a little bit of a tease with last weeks games (hope you all cashed in on our Canes -7) and now we are finally back.

Tonight’s games I like

UCLA +3 - everyone and their mother seem to be on Cincy tonight. Fading the public and putttinf trust in Chip Kelly year 2 along with a lot of returning starters on both sides of the ball.

GT + 38 - I’m expecting this game to be 42-7 but as long as GT scores once we should be good to go. Very interested to see the new offense for GT.

The other two games I’ll probably take tonight are ASU -24 and Utah -5

Advertisement
Got a little bit of a tease with last weeks games (hope you all cashed in on our Canes -7) and now we are finally back.

Tonight’s games I like

UCLA +3 - everyone and their mother seem to be on Cincy tonight. Fading the public and putttinf trust in Chip Kelly year 2 along with a lot of returning starters on both sides of the ball.

GT + 38 - I’m expecting this game to be 42-7 but as long as GT scores once we should be good to go. Very interested to see the new offense for GT.

GT isn’t a bad way to go. Game will start out sloppy and slow and how good is Clemson’s d going to actually be there year? I think they will give up a couple td’s.

Loved UCLA +3, thought I was missing something and was trusting the brand name, but really feel confident about this one

There was another thread started this week talking about Week 1 gambling picks, FYI. Not saying that because I care you started another, just in case you wanted to read those posts.

I've got GT in a parlay getting all those points. But I dunno, going to be really tough for them to adapt away from the triple option as basically their entire roster is geared to that. Especially the case on the o line. They may get massacred. But that's a sh-t ton of points.

I'm torn on UCLA/Cincy. It'll be wild in Cincy tonight, that goes in their favor. But Chip Kelly's crew is the big unknown at this point. Could see that game going either way.

GT isn’t a bad way to go. Game will start out sloppy and slow and how good is Clemson’s d going to actually be there year? I think they will give up a couple td’s.

I just think they put up just enough to cover. If they score a couple tds that’s even better for us.

Advertisement
Week 1 picks I like and am on already....

Utah-5 v BYU. I know I know, huge rivalry, game is usually tight. But I am very bullish on this year's Utes squad. I think they cover rather easily. It's up to -6.5 now.

BC+5 v VT - I think BC wins outright, but I took then points. Line is +4.5.

UVA ML-135 - I think there's a chance they kill Pitt. But I took the ML instead of having to win by 3.

ND-20 vs Louis - I've heard this sentiment that Louis will be improved this year. I don't see it. I think they'll be pure trash. ND wants to make a statement. I see a blow out from start to finish (and no, I don't think the Irish are some goliath). Line is down to ND-18 now, which I'm not happy about.

USC -13 v Fresno. Don't love the Trojans, but don't think this Fresno team has enough horses to run with them for 4 quarters. USC pulls away late and covers easily.

Others I'm considering...

Tulsa +23.5 v Michigan State - Sparty often has slow starts. Tulsa ain't great, but they're not garbage. I see a cover here.

Syracuse/Liberty over 68 - Cuse will score a ton, and being at Liberty, I think the home side gets enough points to cover this line.

Utah/BYU under 48 - Thats a very low line. But this should be a low scoring slug fest with a lot of clock eating rather than big plays.

Tonight’s games I like

Mets to score first at -130 with deGrom pitching...good value

Not against GT offense, I wouldn't think Paul Johnsons guys are adjusting that quick to a new system

Not against GT offense, I wouldn't think Paul Johnsons guys are adjusting that quick to a new system
No doubt that GT is going to really struggle this year offensively as basically their entire roster (especially the o-line) is tooled only for the triple option. However, I think both GT and Texas State are decent plays to cover tonight. Reason being thatt A&M/Clemson play each other next. I'd think both Jimbo and Dabo's goal will be to get their starters out as quickly as possible. As soon as they get up 20'ish, I see them massively taking their foot off the gas and trying to get 3rd stringers in to keep the important guys healthy.

I haven't been either yet, and probably won't. But that concept makes me stay away from either Clemson or the Aggies covering those big lines tonight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back