Wednesday sports buzz- Herald

Advertisement
"One current player said besides financial incentive, some players simply didn’t want to go through Golden’s offseason conditioning program again. But UM was puzzled that all the underclassmen turned pro before getting their assessment back from the NFL’s draft review board."

Pathetic. Good riddance.

Sad how many average, mentally soft players we had

What's worse is that they actually think they are good

"One current player said besides financial incentive, some players simply didn’t want to go through Golden’s offseason conditioning program again. But UM was puzzled that all the underclassmen turned pro before getting their assessment back from the NFL’s draft review board."

Pathetic. Good riddance.

Speaks volumes!

Advertisement
To be fair, BWashington and MForston left for financial reasons in addition to everything mentioned. I don't know about the others, but from what I've read, those guys have to put food on the table.

We all know they could have used another year, but let's not rush to judgement.

Pathetic. Good riddance.

Bingo. This has been the problem with this team for the 7-8 years. Nobody wants to work hard. This program was built on the fact that we worked harder than anybody in the country. Golden will get us there.

Highsmith spoke nothing but the truth and the whole truth...The part about them leaving because they didn't want to go through Golden Off-season camp sums up a lot about those guys

To be fair, BWashington and MForston left for financial reasons in addition to everything mentioned. I don't know about the others, but from what I've read, those guys have to put food on the table.

BWash yes, I agree, He is a legitimate 2nd or 3rd round pick with a good combine. Go make your money kid.

Forston has no business even sniffing an NFL roster. One more year of proving he was even a decent DT and he would be 2nd round easy based purely on ceiling.
At this point in his career the kid has more medical tape than game tape. Whats better? Struggling through one more year of family life, proving your a decent DT and making a real NFL contract or leaving early, making a roster and around $125k while flaming out after a year?

Advertisement

Pathetic. Good riddance.

+1000. This is the kind of culture of mediocrity, of laziness, of unfocused mentally soft weaklings that Golden had to deal with last year. And we still had geniuses on here whining about our "schemes" as if THAT was the issue against a team like Bethune Cookman. lmao. Our problems have nothing to do with scheme or coaching. Has everything to do with the garbage culture holdover from the previous regime.

To me, there was one glaring statement I was looking for.

To come from Alonzo, this says everything, "you gotta be tough to play for Al Golden."

Oh yeah. We'll get there.

it's awesome to here the former players agreeing with Golden. I remember hearing kehoe say that highsmith was the baddest dude in his time at the U.

Advertisement

BWash yes, I agree, He is a legitimate 2nd or 3rd round pick with a good combine. Go make your money kid.

Forston has no business even sniffing an NFL roster. One more year of proving he was even a decent DT and he would be 2nd round easy based purely on ceiling.
At this point in his career the kid has more medical tape than game tape. Whats better? Struggling through one more year of family life, proving your a decent DT and making a real NFL contract or leaving early, making a roster and around $125k while flaming out after a year?

"... 2d round easy based purely ceiling." i don't see this at all. he appeared to have a good ceiling coming out of high school, but it never materialized beyond a pretty good freshman campaign. but i agree it was moronic for him to declare for the draft.

They need to be called out, good riddance to all the puzzies. Golden is bringing in workers. Exactly what we need.

BOUT TIME!

Advertisement
The younger guys are listening to this too.

It's a very clear, concise, NO BS calling out.

Got to make a young man think.

Advertisement
Back