Wednesday Recruiting Chatter - 10/3

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
**The latest from a source close to the Tyrique Stevenson recruitment suggests that Georgia and the Southridge star are not on the best of terms right now. If you thought this saga was over, it seems to be just beginning. Just like over the spring and fall, the 4-star DB has continued to visit Miami heavily throughout the season and the Canes have held steady in Stevenson’s mind. So yes, any bad news for UGA is good news for UM, as this has mostly been a two-horse race up to this point.

However, Miami has already been high up in Stevenson’s picture, so I think this news most benefits a third program that can make a real jump into Stevenson’s top group. Now that the door has been cracked a bit, watch out for a program like the Crimson Tide to become more involved, as Bama has been hanging around the fringes of this recruitment for a while now waiting for an opportunity like this. Stevenson is planning on attending the Miami-FSU game on Saturday.

**As he told us on the podcast three weeks back, Mark-Antony Richards will be visiting for the Miami-FSU game this weekend and he further confirmed that with us last night. This will not be Richards’ first time witnessing the rivalry, as he attended Canes-Noles back in 2016 as well, and he expects the environment to be “electric” in this year’s version. Richards also confirmed that he has set his Auburn official visit for November 2nd weekend for when the Tigers take on Texas A&M. Although I’m still comfortable with my UM pick here, I have said recently that Auburn should be considered a real threat to take Richards out of South Florida and I continue that stance.

**As he reported on his Twitter late last night, 5-star WR target Jadon Haselwood has decommitted from the Georgia Bulldogs. Soon after the announcement, a few CB’s came in for Miami and Oklahoma. Despite this, a source close to the Haselwood recruitment confirmed that no commitment is imminent and those picks are simply guesses.

This is still a developing situation for Haselwood and his camp, and it will take at least a few days for things to start to clear up. However, there's no argument that the timing could not be better and you have to like the position Miami is in right now with Haselwood set to be on campus for his official visit and the Miami-FSU game this weekend. Miami made a big impression on him when he visited for Paradise Camp and another huge weekend for Miami could really make things even more interesting. Still, an official decision won’t come at least until after Haselwood takes an official visit to Auburn, which has yet to be set up but is in the works.

**Name to know for 2020: LB Antoine Sampah. Miami is currently in the process of evaluating Sampah, a 5-star prospect from Woodbridge (VA). The 6’3”, 220 pound linebacker is a devastating hitter and goes full speed 100% of the time to punish his opponent. Sampah has an impressive early offer list indicative of a true blue-chip recruit, as he claims verbal scholarships from the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Penn State.

**Name to know for 2021: WR Romello Brinson. A source close to Hecht confirmed Miami is close to offering Brinson, a 6’2”, 170 pound receiver prospect from Miami Northwestern. Miami loved his camp performances over the off-season (especially at Paradise) and Brinson has continued that momentum into his sophomore season on the field. Brinson plans to be in attendance for Miami-FSU this weekend and also sports early offers from FAU, Syracuse, and Toledo.

**Miami-FSU weekend is always a huge recruiting event and draws a large amount of top talent. Since last night and into the morning, guys like WR TJ Jones, S Cornelius Nunn, TE Larry Hodges, CB Damarius Good, QB Greg Spann, LB Devon Betty, OG Laurence Seymore, and WR Kahlil Brantley have confirmed their attendance with CIS and have been added to our running list that you can find *here*.

(Sampah 2017 highlights)

(Brinson mid-season 2018 highlights)

Advertisement
tenor.gif

If I’m not mistaken, Hasslewood was in Athens this past weekend (per his Instagram story) so that’s pretty huge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait wtf is going on? nah nah nah, Yo.....................Tyrique and Hasel bruh I would be the most shocked I have ever been in recruiting ever.

Bama lurking and waiting last minute for TS makes me still feel ike we come in second and its about bags tbh. Still thinking we dont snag him till i see signature on paper.

Advertisement
Wait wtf is going on? nah nah nah, Yo.....................Tyrique and Hasel bruh I would be the most shocked I have ever been in recruiting ever.

In a scenario where we managed to pull Haselwood (the number 1 WR in the nation) from their back yard, along with Tyrique Stevenson whom you could argue is the best defensive player in Florida this cycle; that would more than make up from the ****ery that UGA pulled last recruiting cycle. That'd be a nice fck you back to Goja. Having said that, there's a lot of work to do on the trail and I'll believe we pull both of them when I see it. But if we did that, I'd have to go pantless for the week.

@Stefan Adams Great great update thanks. In regards to MAR is that an official this weekend, or is he saving the OV for after the season with the rest of the local and committed kids?

In a scenario where we managed to pull Haselwood (the number 1 WR in the nation) from their back yard, along with Tyrique Stevenson whom you could argue is the best defensive player in Florida this cycle; that would more than make up from the ****ery that UGA pulled last recruiting cycle. That'd be a nice fck you back to Goja. Having said that, there's a lot of work to do on the trail and I'll believe we pull both of them when I see it. But if we did that, I'd have to go pantless for the week.
If we do that then that changes recruiting going forward for good IMO, that could be the changing of the guard type ****. When something that big happens it means the work put in on the trail is finally paying off and could become the norm going forward. We will see what happens though not confident on TS still with bama lurking but wasnt confident with JH and now I think we are probably the team to beat there.

Advertisement
“Not on the best terms”??? So what does that mean? He’s pouting for a bigger bag? And bama gonna come in and be his night in shining armor and save him with the biggest bag of ‘em all?

I hope Tyrique is watching their DB/Safety situation carefully. Idk what they are telling him but there's plenty of young guys stacked ahead of him. And they are looking to pull in 3 more plus himself this cycle. Lewis Cine just Ovd last weekend and announced he will make his commitment public next week. Looks like the pick will be UGA. And they still want Elam. Hard to feel "special "with all that going on. hopefully a good showing this weekend by the team and the electric atmosphere that goes with this game willgo a long way in pulling him back to the Canes. That "hometown hero "edit said it all

Interested to find out what's going on in Athens. Losing Haselwood and then word that there
are cracks in the relationship between Tyrique and UGA. Interesting!!!

Their board has been nuts over the lack of anything but a running game. Lots of questions on Kirby's decisions on offense. Lol

Supposedly Kirby had a lot of "one on one" timewith Haselwood last weekend. Makes you wonder what happened- maybe JH just doesn't buy the bs

Advertisement
Back