Wealthiest Grads (UM #20)

Advertisement
Ruiz taking us into the top 10!

Make It Rain Loop GIF by Chris Timmons

Advertisement
The schools with lots of self made UHNW alums usually have really strong entrepreneurship programs. Lots of extra-curricular entrepreneurship programs with school support. I am an old fart that left UM long time ago. Hopefully the school has caught up in this respect. There were a lot of old money at UM while I was there though. I remember the Ferraris and lambos near the student union circle drive well.

The schools with lots of self made UHNW alums usually have really strong entrepreneurship programs. Lots of extra-curricular entrepreneurship programs with school support. I am an old fart that left UM long time ago. Hopefully the school has caught up in this respect. There were a lot of old money at UM while I was there though. I remember the Ferraris and lambos near the student union circle drive well.
I don’t know many entrepreneurs from my graduating class almost a decade ago. Plenty of folks with rich parents driving sports cars.

Advertisement
If the alums at Harvard, Yale, Princeton and in particular Stanford decide they care about sports and want to get into the NIL game, it’s a wrap for everyone else.

Was thinking the same thing. If they said one day, “we created this chit, & let’s take it back” it’s a done deal. Fortunately for 3 of those 4, they’re more concerned w/ academia. Stanford has a solid athletics program, though, across the board.

I don’t know many entrepreneurs from my graduating class almost a decade ago. Plenty of folks with rich parents driving sports cars.
LOL. I guess that never changes. I remember there was a Mercedes parked in front of the law school when I was at UM in the early 90's with a vanity plate that said "daddy's little girl". My jaw just dropped. Too bad the entrepreneurship training hasn't picked up. I went to a higher ranked school on this list for grad studies, and it was all the rage there. The school had a patent office and the director came to one of my classes to pander their services. That's how serious they were about entrepreneurship.

If the alums at Harvard, Yale, Princeton and in particular Stanford decide they care about sports and want to get into the NIL game, it’s a wrap for everyone else.
It would never happen because it would mean taking athletes who don't meet their academic standards. The Ivies still don't even offer athletic scholarships.

Advertisement
Was thinking the same thing. If they said one day, “we created this chit, & let’s take it back” it’s a done deal. Fortunately for 3 of those 4, they’re more concerned w/ academia. Stanford has a solid athletics program, though, across the board.
You are right. Luckily sports usually isn't a conversation topic with nerds at these schools. Stanford may be different though.

It would never happen because it would mean taking athletes who don't meet their academic standards. The Ivies still don't even offer athletic scholarships.
You would be surprised. That's where the "extra-curricular" activities part of your application comes in. They admit some students with much lower test scores based on that. Also, once you are in, needs based scholarship kicks in and you can get a free ride.

Advertisement
LOL. I guess that never changes. I remember there was a Mercedes parked in front of the law school when I was at UM in the early 90's with a vanity plate that said "daddy's little girl". My jaw just dropped. Too bad the entrepreneurship training hasn't picked up. I went to a higher ranked school on this list for grad studies, and it was all the rage there. The school had a patent office and the director came to one of my classes to pander their services. That's how serious they were about entrepreneurship.
It still is like that, but I guess even wealthier now, since Benzes were the middle class cars on campus lol. I only know a couple entrepreneurs from my graduating class, but I know a ton of kids who got really great jobs because of their parents/friends of parents.

You are right. Luckily sports usually isn't a conversation topic with nerds at these schools. Stanford may be different though.

Richard Sherman is a friend & frat of mine. I actually met him through his father. His father is a big fan of Stanford b/c they balanced academics w/ athletics. Rich will tell u, Stanford is ultra competitive from the academics & athletics side. Not just football, but golf, basketball, yachting, rowing, volleyball, baseball…it don’t matter. They expect their athletes to thrive in the classroom & on the field. It’s a reason they have 137 total national titles across all sports.

Advertisement
Back