Weakest Links

Advertisement
Its crazy UAB has their corners pressed and we are scared 4 years in all manny and staff players.. WTF
Yep, yep, yep. Scheme, scheme, scheme. If your talent is not up to par, you make up the difference with good coaching and schemes in order to cover your inefficiencies. Football is not rocket science.

What DB's are you talking about? How many DB's do we have playing in the pros that are better now than they were at UM?
Sam Shields, Adrian Colbert, Ladarius Gunter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Sheldrick Redwine, etc., etc., etc. Please read NFL articles, from NFL coaches, about some of these players and how they were not developed properly at the U.

Advertisement
Sam Shields, Adrian Colbert, Ladarius Gunter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Sheldrick Redwine, etc., etc., etc. Please read NFL articles, from NFL coaches, about some of these players and how they were not developed properly at the U.
So Rumph is responsible for lack of Sam Shields development despite not ever having actually coached him at UM.

Got it.

Ehh UAB QBs were only 19/35 for 205 Yards. Ivey gave up a few big plays but it was just the first game. I personally dont think we have the CB talent to run Man so much but I don't our secondary has the awareness to run Zone.. the vast majority of uab passing yards came from those quick throws which is extremely difficult for a CB to stop. Ivey coverage was decent he just doesn't turn around. Pope shouldn't be in the starting lineup in my opinion. I just don't see it with him, he's a huge underachiever

Redwine was good while he was here and so was Jenkins. Colbert is like a 3rd string safety in the nfl and has been cut like 4 times. Also Colbert was here for one year... His development is on Texas not us.

Ehh UAB QBs were only 19/35 for 205 Yards. Ivey gave up a few big plays but it was just the first game. I personally dont think we have the CB talent to run Man so much but I don't our secondary has the awareness to run Zone.. the vast majority of uab passing yards came from those quick throws which is extremely difficult for a CB to stop. Ivey coverage was decent he just doesn't turn around. Pope shouldn't be in the starting lineup in my opinion. I just don't see it with him, he's a huge underachiever
Yo this is a great point and i seen the same.. they ran a good bit of crossing routes to the flats as well as some 3 man weave routes, they got a good one on the youngster tecory couch.. who i personally would like to see get a shot at punt return over pope.. im with ya on pope tho man i feel like he may get passed up as the season goes on.. seperation seems to be an issue with our wideouts.. who knows may need to throw some of these freshman in there to get some burn and start learning.. we already know what we got with the guys who have been here.. not alot of production although that may change with this new scheme.. the last issue is we still may be playing to our competition level wether thats up or down.. hopefully that pays off and can keep some of the harder games closer towards the end and learn how to win the nail biters!!

Advertisement
So Rumph is responsible for lack of Sam Shields development despite not ever having actually coached him at UM.

Got it.
The DB coach we had before Rumph, whose name I forget now, was actually worse than Rumph. We need coaches than can coach and develop players. UF CB coaches do a **** of a job developing their CB's. That's part of the reason elite CB's go there.

UAB impressed the **** out me in the way they played hard nosed disciplined football. They are a much better coached Team than we are. Haven't they won a boatload of games the past 4-5 years? They're going places!

Thank God for Harris and King. Without them we would have had an L last nite.

I am a die hard Canes fan. We just need to play much better man otherwise we're staring at another .500 season.

ivy needs to be a back up thats it. look at speed couch and williams show on ST. you mean to tell me they will be worse than ivy? at least they have make up speed.

This dude harley and pope are just not that good. Pope at least has the natrual talent. Harley just is not a starting wr for a top tier program

Redwine was good while he was here and so was Jenkins. Colbert is like a 3rd string safety in the nfl and has been cut like 4 times. Also Colbert was here for one year... His development is on Texas not us.
You win. I don't know what the **** I'm taking about. "Fake News"

Life is as simple or as complex as we choose to make it. In Engineering I learnt 3 simple questions to ask in order to get to root cause of an issue-

What worked?, what didn't work? What do we need to do to prevent negative re-occurrences. Peel back the onion Bro.

Don't be a hater. If you can do better, then bring it. Not interested in changing your mind. Live and let live!

Been watching the Canes for many many years.

By the way, neither our DL or OL dominated last night. Guess also who practices against each other?

We've been hearing all off season team improvements from our staff. Didn't see it last night. Either our staff is trying to motivate, or they're blind or they are downright stupid. There're some local Miami area HS Teams that give a greater effort than we did last night.

Harris is a **** of a back!!
People continue to want to blame the players, been saying it all off-season and during last season, coach diaz needs to STFU and just coach, he been proved his evaluation skills were **** poor. But he continues to either be to easily impressed or just don't know WTF he's talking about. So the question I had when he first became headcoachis, can he lead men. Me, I can careless about the number of offensive plays we run, just points and identity.

Advertisement
You're trying to make yourself sound smarter and more insightful than you actually are. We rushed for over 330 yards last night, our OL dominated. UAB averaged 3 yards per carry, our DL dominated. Just because we didn't rack up 10 sacks, doesn't mean that a DL wasn't effective. Someone who 'has watched the Canes for many, many years' should know that.

Also have zero idea where you're getting lack of effort from.
I agree the DL played pretty well and dominated at times.
Even though we rushed for 330, I thought our OL looked poor. It seemed, Defenders were in the backfield all night. Pass protection was poor and our backs and QB had to make some remarkable plays. Im going to rewatch, maybe they were not as bad as I thought on initial viewing.

Agree, Pope is going to cost us a game with those fair catch bobbles.

The DB coach we had before Rumph, whose name I forget now, was actually worse than Rumph. We need coaches than can coach and develop players. UF CB coaches do a **** of a job developing their CB's. That's part of the reason elite CB's go there.

UAB impressed the **** out me in the way they played hard nosed disciplined football. They are a much better coached Team than we are. Haven't they won a boatload of games the past 4-5 years? They're going places!

Thank God for Harris and King. Without them we would have had an L last nite.

I am a die hard Canes fan. We just need to play much better man otherwise we're staring at another .500 season.
I've never read so much hyperbole in a single post in my life.

Advertisement
To me, both Carter and Ivey are not good enough to start at the University of Miami. We desperately need one of those young corners to step up and for the coaching staff to wake the F up and put Bolden back in at safety.

imo the line as a whole did their job for the most part. except for scaife who was reallllllllllly bad.

alot of kings inc's was becuase he couldnt step into his throws. alot of miscommunication from him and williams i mean this dude let like 3 blitzers & or stunts come in untouched. dudes getting chewed in the meeting room today no doubt.

strikers/LB's are staring at the QB and paying less attention who their covering, when in my opinion it should be the other way around. defensive ends being dropped into coverage and obviously getting picked on is the new norm.

mainly our secondary is getting put in a big disadvantage schematically. were running cover 3's & 4's, so the corners are way more worried about getting beat deep as opposed to a stop or slant route. but with how good the DL is i dont like the deep coverages keep it man or cover 2 & lets play ball. UAB did good with sneaky pick routes and motion & that OC is a stud.

Advertisement
Back