Weakest Links

Mano a Mano

Banned
Banned
Watching the game last night, our weakest links undoubtedly are our CB's and WR's. Guess who practices against each other day in and day out? You got it, our WR's and CB's. Due to our starters poor talent and efforts in this area, I don't see it getting any better!

Solution- Give our back up CB's and WR's more work. **** they can't be any worse.

Manny seems to keep up with feedback. If starters don't get it done, go to plan B, which will either motivate them or Transfer Portal baby.

Wake up Manny, do your **** job!!

Advertisement
Watching the game last night, our weakest links undoubtedly are our CB's and WR's. Guess who practices against each other day in and day out? You got it, our WR's and CB's. Due to our starters poor talent and efforts in this area, I don't see it getting any better!

Solution- Give our back up CB's and WR's more work. **** they can't be any worse.

Manny seems to keep up with feedback. If starters don't get it done, go to plan B, which will either motivate them or Transfer Portal baby.

Great insight. You should do this for a living.

Issue is with the corners I don’t see high level recruits coming in over time to spell these guys. Couch and Williams sure but Clarke and dunson remain to be seen. And then after that we got Curtis? We need work here and a new coach who can bring in talent

Life is as simple or as complex as we choose to make it. In Engineering I learnt 3 simple questions to ask in order to get to root cause of an issue-

What worked?, what didn't work? What do we need to do to prevent negative re-occurrences. Peel back the onion Bro.

Don't be a hater. If you can do better, then bring it. Not interested in changing your mind. Live and let live!

Been watching the Canes for many many years.

By the way, neither our DL or OL dominated last night. Guess also who practices against each other?

We've been hearing all off season team improvements from our staff. Didn't see it last night. Either our staff is trying to motivate, or they're blind or they are downright stupid. There're some local Miami area HS Teams that give a greater effort than we did last night.

Harris is a **** of a back!!

Advertisement
Hey Manny are you the weakest link?
Miami Hurricanes Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Life is as simple or as complex as we choose to make it. In Engineering I learnt 3 simple questions to ask in order to get to root cause of an issue-

What worked?, what didn't work? What do we need to do to prevent negative re-occurrences. Peel back the onion Bro.

Don't be a hater. If you can do better, then bring it. Not interested in changing your mind. Live and let live!

By the way, neither our DL or OL dominated last night. Guess also who practices against each other?

We've been hearing all off season team improvements from our staff. Didn't see it last night. Either our staff is trying to motivate, or they're blind or they are downright stupid. There're some local Miami area HS Teams that give a greater effort than we did last night.

You're trying to make yourself sound smarter and more insightful than you actually are. We rushed for over 330 yards last night, our OL dominated. UAB averaged 3 yards per carry, our DL dominated. Just because we didn't rack up 10 sacks, doesn't mean that a DL wasn't effective. Someone who 'has watched the Canes for many, many years' should know that.

Also have zero idea where you're getting lack of effort from.

You play that type of coverage when the staff knows the limitations they have to work with, including their own.

Ever notice how our DB's under perform at the U but usually do much better in the Pro's?
What DB's are you talking about? How many DB's do we have playing in the pros that are better now than they were at UM?

Advertisement

True. I too was very disappointed with the OL and DL. My confidence level is more concern now, but hopefully it was just getting used to new systems and coaches. Hopefully :)

Advertisement
You play that type of coverage when the staff knows the limitations they have to work with, including their own.

Ever notice how our DB's under perform at the U but usually do much better in the Pro's?
Granted, my football career stopped at highschool, and I’ve never coached before. But I don’t think the best corners in the NCAA would look good with what baker is asking them to do. At least this game, they are being put at a huge disadvantage pre snap

Our weakest link is Baker followed by Rumph...

Advertisement

Our slump-shouldered fans are the weakest link.

Did you actually watch the game last night? We have some questions on defense for sure but I have no idea how you can possibly say that our DL is a concern.
DL talent isnt what concerns me. What concerns me is we still stunt entirely too much. If we just lineup and play disciplined UAB wouldn't have gotten 30 yards rushing on us.

You're trying to make yourself sound smarter and more insightful than you actually are. We rushed for over 330 yards last night, our OL dominated. UAB averaged 3 yards per carry, our DL dominated. Just because we didn't rack up 10 sacks, doesn't mean that a DL wasn't effective. Someone who 'has watched the Canes for many, many years' should know that.

Also have zero idea where you're getting lack of effort from.
I am not that smart however sounds like you are. I did watch today all of our DL plays, individually, and outside of Nesta our DL's did not grade well. Making plays 5 yards downfield is not great playing. Making consistent plays for loses is great playing! I also blame this on the scheme.

Outside of 4-5 good runs, our OL got stuffed. How many inside runs had positive results for us? Very few. UAB has a very good DL.

If we had played Clemson, Alabama or LSU last night, the score would have been 50/60-0. But I guess we played great.

Let's not get personal here. You and I just have different standards. I don't call mediocre play great, but sounds like you do.

DL talent isnt what concerns me. What concerns me is we still stunt entirely too much. If we just lineup and play disciplined UAB wouldn't have gotten 30 yards rushing on us.
As I said earlier, our schemes were part of the problem. UAB knew that our DE's were coming and for the most part neutralized them.

Our DC does not make quick adjustments like Manny used to do when he was our DC. He is a disappointment to me.

Advertisement
Back