Weak Sauce From Coach Rumph

I'm sorry, I think Rumph played it right. If it doesn't work out for Byrd at Tenn, don't think for a minute he won't reach out to Miami if he decides to transfer. Rump is no dummy. Remain diplomatic just in case it doesn't work out for the kid. Happens more than you guys think.

LOL,If it doesn't workout for Byrd at Tenn and miami takes him back after the way he played us it would make our staff look like pussies.

Advertisement
Just throwing this out here. Tennessee should thank mother nature for the weekend Byrd visited. Its rare an february we have 60 degree weather this time of year. The week before his visit we had snow and ice everywhere.

So yal ready to fire this man over one recruit ? Lol smh. Wonder how long it is before yal calling for Richt to be fired

Kudos to OP for calling out Rumph's Fraulden-like attitude. Too bad that Richt didn't spot this personality flaw before hiring such a weak ***. The potatoes that defend him have been Golden fried.

DeepFriedMashedPotatoes5.jpg

Advertisement
"Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph said Byrd “felt the vibe better at Tennessee. He liked the atmosphere at the school. He made the decision like a man. He talked to me and told me how he felt. You can’t look down on that. You’ve got to let a kid be a person he wants to be. I can’t be upset with that. He’s going to have a bright future at Tennessee. He’s one of the first kids I recruited. I just wish him the best.”

Off two terrific games, Whiteside has more to prove to Heat; Dolphins, Canes, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

I couldn't care less about discussing Byrd for one second longer but am concerned that Rumph would speak publicly and so weakly about a situation like this. He needs to take off his high school coach hat where wishing kids well wherever they go is cool and put on the hat where he never speaks about a kid again that d!cked him and his current employer over the night before NSD. Tighten it up, Rumph. This isn't the Penn State game that you blew.

on par with the Hurlie Brown 8 win comment in my opinion. Don't say anything about the guy. I do really like what the other coaches are doing though. Enough of letting the cats step on our brand!

Honestly, I think you are reading into this way too much, but in my opinion, Rumph's 'not taking no for an answer' is probably in response to undecided recruits which we are after hard.

I don't know what you expect him to do. Kid says I feel more comfortable at place A, place B tries to show positives but still does not change mind of recruit. Kid goes to place A. Life goes on. We will hit more often than not in NSD in the future.

Also been to knoxville a few times. Saw a game there too. Small small smalllllll town. Hella boring, but man that game day atmosphere could get your grandma to strap on pads and go kill someone.

Advertisement
The staff as directed by Richt made the decision not to offer and recruit Byrd's best friend and roommate. The two wanted to play in college together. This gave Butch Jones & company the opening they needed (they probably couldn't believe how stupid Miami was to do this). The last remaining obstacle was Byrd's girlfriend who was still going to be in high school next year. Tennessee made sure that on his OV Byrd was surrounded by female talent which cleared the last remaining obstacle.

Now, so they don't compound the dumbass mistakes that cost them the prize recruit in this cycles class, they got to take the high road like Rumph's statement indicates. Hopefully the staff learned from getting *** raped by Butch Jones and won't repeat these mistakes.

The staff as directed by Richt made the decision not to offer and recruit Byrd's best friend and roommate. The two wanted to play in college together. This gave Butch Jones & company the opening they needed (they probably couldn't believe how stupid Miami was to do this). The last remaining obstacle was Byrd's girlfriend who was still going to be in high school next year. Tennessee made sure that on his OV Byrd was surrounded by female talent which cleared the last remaining obstacle.

Now, so they don't compound the dumbass mistakes that cost them the prize recruit in this cycles class, they got to take the high road like Rumph's statement indicates. Hopefully the staff learned from getting *** raped by Butch Jones and won't repeat these mistakes.

Yea...someone says he's in love with his gf and wants to be with her forever and surrounding him with whores show how much you respect that...

Hate having these high school coaches on staff they suck didnt we learn that with golden who had all them fools ice and beard on staff

Advertisement
From experience, that sounds *exactly* like the sort of thing Richt would have said.

Coach Richt has always been like that, and I'm positive he was happy with the remarks.

His philosophy is to always try to end a relationship with a player on good terms, and he will even help them find a spot to land with no restrictions if they are on the team and decide to leave.

He does it because he thinks that is what is right, but it *really* pays off in recruiting when mama knows the coach isn't bs'ing and really *does* care about the kid and will help him transfer if he isn't fitting in/gettting enough playing time/unhappy at the school.

Just the way Richt does things.

Yea...someone says he's in love with his gf and wants to be with her forever and surrounding him with whores show how much you respect that...

He's on an ov....you surround him with all the bad college b*tches in a 10 mile radius.

Advertisement
From experience, that sounds *exactly* like the sort of thing Richt would have said.

Coach Richt has always been like that, and I'm positive he was happy with the remarks.

His philosophy is to always try to end a relationship with a player on good terms, and he will even help them find a spot to land with no restrictions if they are on the team and decide to leave.

He does it because he thinks that is what is right, but it *really* pays off in recruiting when mama knows the coach isn't bs'ing and really *does* care about the kid and will help him transfer if he isn't fitting in/gettting enough playing time/unhappy at the school.

Just the way Richt does things.

thats cause Richt is a big picture guy, and not a lil booty sore fan thats gonna harp on the loss of 1 recruit, but shift his focus to locking down SFL for next year

Seems like people are just looking for any excuse to bash Rumph now.

Wasn't even a fan of the hire but **** man.

Is OP's criticism "bashing?" If we have learned anything from the last two regimes, it is incumbent on us as a fan base to have a critical eye towards our HC and staff...I hope Richt and company win multiple NCs, but i'm not going to be a mindless $ucknut-like sycophant.

To me, Rumph was using the media in an attempt to explain why he didn't close with Byrd, i.e. his "excuses." Sometimes, not saying anything works better, especially in Byrd's case, where he just had to be with his friend at Tennessee, GF be damned. The military offered this kind of "buddy" enlistment option (and may still do), but when we found out in the company/flight (I did USN and USAF) that two guys were buddy enlistees, we steered clear... That same thought process is being expressed about Byrd now; Rumph needs to speak less and work more.

Advertisement
Back