We win it all 2024 if...

Here's a good "what if" for the board. What would our expectations be in 2025 IF:

Kam, Lee, LT, J-Will and Cohen all return for one more year
Smith, Mincey and Riley commit to UM on signing day

With the extra depth and returning starters, NIL money shifts to priority targets (#1 WR, CB, DT?)

Do we go unbeaten? Win the ACC? We'd definitely make the playoff. How far do we go?

Advertisement
Back in the day, we were indeed "special" on Special Teams and it did make a difference.

I have heard Mario mention this and it is on his radar knowing that that part of the game can make the difference between going 8-4 vs 11-1.

With that said , QB play will ultimately determine how far this team goes and so will injuries.

If Cam , with the protection from the OL he did not have at WSU, can elevate his game to another level then we could be looking at a special season .

The health of the team is the other factor. Look how FSU fell apart when their star QB went down. Just staying healthy throughout the season is key to any winning season.

"
We have the talent, we have the schedule, and we have the QB the coaches wanted so why not win it all. Lots of us have lived in the past and when Reed and Highsmith plus Mario arrived on the scene we pictured our storied history repeating. I've had events in my life that were special including the 58 game win streak but you cannot recapture those moments. I've had events that seemed to repeat a special time but rarely can you capture a repeat of special moments. It is time for this team to create their own moment and I am not disappointed to see Highsmith and Reed plus Sapp disengage, as much as I love Michael Irvin he should just watch. We cannot repeat history but we can create a new era. I see the potential for greatness.

Now for a Fraggle twist the IF FACTOR...IF we hire a special teams coach dedicated to special teams we go undefeated 2024., our return game should be explosive plus we have the kickers required. I'd love to see a special teams score every week via blocked kicks, returns or trick calls. Why kick off out of the end zone every kick off, kick it to the 1 and see if teams are even prepared for returns since kickoffs always go out of the end zone and use our speed to tackle inside the 20. When is the last time we had a fake punt? or a reverse on a punt return? You all know I've been harping on ST's all of 2023, take some chances and trust your players..win some games you should've lost.
"I'd love to see a special teams score every week via blocked kicks, returns or trick calls."

No zhit? Me too! I'd love to see free pony giveaways at home games, but NOT to bring more kids. You see, we keep the ponies and tell the kids to leave.... Some day those ponies will turn into future Hurricane thoroughbreds to be used specifically to chase down those kickoff returners when we kick it to the one.

Sincerely,

Mr. Ed and Sea Biscuit

Advertisement
IMG_2904.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have the talent, we have the schedule, and we have the QB the coaches wanted so why not win it all. Lots of us have lived in the past and when Reed and Highsmith plus Mario arrived on the scene we pictured our storied history repeating. I've had events in my life that were special including the 58 game win streak but you cannot recapture those moments. I've had events that seemed to repeat a special time but rarely can you capture a repeat of special moments. It is time for this team to create their own moment and I am not disappointed to see Highsmith and Reed plus Sapp disengage, as much as I love Michael Irvin he should just watch. We cannot repeat history but we can create a new era. I see the potential for greatness.

Now for a Fraggle twist the IF FACTOR...IF we hire a special teams coach dedicated to special teams we go undefeated 2024., our return game should be explosive plus we have the kickers required. I'd love to see a special teams score every week via blocked kicks, returns or trick calls. Why kick off out of the end zone every kick off, kick it to the 1 and see if teams are even prepared for returns since kickoffs always go out of the end zone and use our speed to tackle inside the 20. When is the last time we had a fake punt? or a reverse on a punt return? You all know I've been harping on ST's all of 2023, take some chances and trust your players..win some games you should've lost.
Brother I say this with the utmost respect……..You sir are a CIS treasure! @fraggle you are one of a kind. Don’t ever stop being you my man. You’re a great fan and you are 100% genuine and that’s what makes you and your posts so ingratiating.

Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Advertisement

Ed Reed and Andre Johnson come back for ACC Play

We haven’t been great in so long that people have forgotten what being great actually takes lol first it happened in the program now the fanbase

Why come here for 1-2 years at zo's age? Why not just stay in the NFL to begin with? Waste of ******* time! Smfh
Yea why come back and help your Alma mater for a year or two at his age.... What's wrong with him thinking he could give back to the school that helped shape him as a person.... What a terrible thing for a person to do.... The nerve of him to set an example to younger men that giving back is a good thing to do regardless of how old and tenured you are.... (Yes this is sarcasm for those that can't figure it out)

Thank you for showing the board how the internet has absolutely warped your head into a pile a mush....
You just gave this forum one of the all-time dumbest posts a person could ever write....

Advertisement
Back