We will get UNC's best game of the season

Advertisement
The fact that this game is at 3:30 is really going to help us. That stadium is going to be blistering hot. I couldn't believe how hot Hard Rock Stadium was on Saturday night. Felt like I was in a Sauna for 4 hours and I loved every second of it because we finally had a home field advantage with the canopy.

Guess what, UNC should be worried about getting our best game of the season. We're also in a situation where we cannot afford to lose. We're a wounded team coming off of a heartbreaking loss to our rival. We're trying to show everyone that this is a different team than the ones we've seen the last few years that collapsed after losing to FSU. We're the team that is still trying to win our first ever Coastal title. We have a revamped defense that has exceeded expectations thus far, and an offense that should be stinging from leaving a win on the field, and an offense that should be able to take advantage of UNC's weakness against the run. We're the team playing at home. We're the team that got absolutely embarrassed against UNC last year, including having them taunt us throughout the game.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is whether we bring our best, because if we do, our best should be enough to beat UNC's best. I would hope and expect that Richt and the coaching staff will have our guys ready to bring it, both from a schematic standpoint and a mental standpoint.

Are not our backs up against the wall just as much if not more than UNC? We just lost a heartbreaker to our bitter rivals at home. We still control our own destiny as they say. We win out everything works out. Hearing all of this backs against the wall **** for UNC means nothing to me. We have just as much if not more to lose, especially beings we were picked to win our division in the first place.

Guess what, UNC should be worried about getting our best game of the season. We're also in a situation where we cannot afford to lose. We're a wounded team coming off of a heartbreaking loss to our rival. We're trying to show everyone that this is a different team than the ones we've seen the last few years that collapsed after losing to FSU. We're the team that is still trying to win our first ever Coastal title. We have a revamped defense that has exceeded expectations thus far, and an offense that should be stinging from leaving a win on the field, and an offense that should be able to take advantage of UNC's weakness against the run. We're the team playing at home. We're the team that got absolutely embarrassed against UNC last year, including having them taunt us throughout the game.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is whether we bring our best, because if we do, our best should be enough to beat UNC's best. I would hope and expect that Richt and the coaching staff will have our guys ready to bring it, both from a schematic standpoint and a mental standpoint.
Agree with you both. This team hasn't handled adversity the last few years well at all. So my point was to all those hating on richt. That him getting them ready this week is more of a judge of how well he is at coaching rather than complaining because we got cheated out if a win vs fsu
Are not our backs up against the wall just as much if not more than UNC? We just lost a heartbreaker to our bitter rivals at home. We still control our own destiny as they say. We win out everything works out. Hearing all of this backs against the wall **** for UNC means nothing to me. We have just as much if not more to lose, especially beings we were picked to win our division in the first place.

Advertisement
I remember the last time UNC was in South Florida and we actually played press man for a majority of the game and beat the tar out of em.

Duke for 90 to the house ain't it?

Make or break game for this team. Hope Richt has them ready to rock n roll on O. I know the D will come to play. No worries there.

Agree with you both. This team hasn't handled adversity the last few years well at all. So my point was to all those hating on richt. That him getting them ready this week is more of a judge of how well he is at coaching rather than complaining because we got cheated out if a win vs fsu

Are you Rick's P.R. agent? Why you stumping so hard?

Why are you talking about this team not handling adversity well the last few years. "This team" hasn't played the last few years. This is an all new team like every college team is every year. New year. New team. Fresh start. It's up to Rick to get it done.

I remember the last time UNC was in South Florida and we actually played press man for a majority of the game and beat the tar out of em.

Duke for 90 to the house ain't it?

The big money guys in Vegas are conjuring up those same memories. That line keeps going up.

Advertisement

Why are you talking about this team not handling adversity well the last few years. "This team" hasn't played the last few years. This is an all new team like every college team is every year. New year. New team. Fresh start. It's up to Rick to get it done.
Yep, I get paid well for it

And if this is a different team this year then why does it matter that we have lost to fsu 7 straight times? Or why does it matter that kaaya didn't win big games the last two years? I mean those were different teams right so not comparable? You see my point it's a double standard when fans are saying things are like they always have been.. When we're 5 games in and we have a promising future yet everyone is saying richt is like golden becuase we got cheated out of beating fsu this past weekend and it's been too long. We'll this is a new team and we are 0-1 against fsu

My original point.. It does matter because these are those same players that gave up during Clemson and were down 31-0 at unc at halftime

A bunch of quitters last year. I'm interested to see how they respond. I have confidence the staff will have them ready but those were the two worst games I've seen in Miami football in my lifetime

Their offense gives up 2 sacks and 6.83 TFL per game. That's bad

Our defense averaging 3.6 sacks and 10.8 TFL per game. That's great

I expect our defense to camp out in their backfield all day long

Who is this Rick person you keep referring to?

Advertisement
FSU came off of an embarrassing home loss to UNC and looked like a completely different team against us.

UNC is coming off an embarrassing home loss to VT and will look like a completely different team against us.

“That loss has motivated a lot more people,” Trent Harris said. “After this loss, we’re going to make someone pay."

I think the Canes are going to work out their frustrations on UNC. The UNC qb should get his ice bath ready, Canes will bring a body bag. They legitimately might try to be 3 for 3 knocking qbs out of the game.

Read more here: University of Miami player vows to "make someone pay" for FSU loss | Miami Herald

I expect UNC to play much better than they did against the Hokies... ...offensively.

Defensively though they are just plain horrible and have been horrible all year long.
They will have to prove to me that they can stop us.

Advertisement
This is going to be a good game! There's a lot of the line with this game. Basically, a lost pretty much eliminates you from winning the Coastal. So yea. As far as the FSU game, they ran completely different scheme than they ran since the DC been there, and if it wasn't for the miscues, we still beat them. That int in the end zone was a killer.

Anyways, If getting beat down last year, and have them basically make a mockery of the U doesn't motivate them, then nothing will. Just show them last year tape

The fact that this game is at 3:30 is really going to help us. That stadium is going to be blistering hot. I couldn't believe how hot Hard Rock Stadium was on Saturday night. Felt like I was in a Sauna for 4 hours and I loved every second of it because we finally had a home field advantage with the canopy.

Looks like rain all day

Who is this Rick person you keep referring to?

Your mom.

Advertisement
Back