We will finally get to see...

SFbayCane

All American
Just how well this staff can prepare a team for a bowl game.

We've all made plenty of comparisons between Al and Joe Paterno. Well if there is one thing that kept JoePa on the map it was his ability to prepare his teams for great bowl game matchups. That was the crux of Paterno's greatness. Run thru a mediocre schedule then out prepare a team for a one-game tournament. Well we will finally get to see coach Golden and staff and how they prepare for a bowl game.

To me, this is a big deal. I want to see what wrinkles they throw in, what blitz packages they put in and how SPECIFICALLY they plan to deal with Teddy Bridgewater.

Advertisement
I think that we can all agree the most logical thing to do is play bend but don't break defense. Yardage doesn't matter. Points do, but not really. Field position doesn't really matter either as long as you just sit around and wait for them to make unforced errors. Thats really the key. If you aren't just sitting around waiting for unforced errors, you might not be in position to get very lucky.

Would be nice to see some improvement out of the team, it's basically another sprig practice.

Agree, if they don't come out with a few new wrinkles and looking crisp I'm going to be very disappointed. Everyone that can be, should be healthy at this point i.e. Morris. Miami limped to the finish line, I'd like to see the team that beat Uif back.

I think that we can all agree the most logical thing to do is play bend but don't break defense. Yardage doesn't matter. Points do, but not really. Field position doesn't really matter either as long as you just sit around and wait for them to make unforced errors. Thats really the key. If you aren't just sitting around waiting for unforced errors, you might not be in position to get very lucky.

Almost thought you were serious, then I got the joke.

Advertisement
This game is the biggest litmus for Golden thus far. Giving him one last chance to prove that he is a legit coach and can prepare a team well.

There was a sense within the program that our lack of depth and lack of blowouts wore down a lot of our key players, especially the younger ones. It will be interesting to see how we tackle. I also agree, we better be sharp in all facets.

Advertisement
This game is the biggest litmus for Golden thus far. Giving him one last chance to prove that he is a legit coach and can prepare a team well.

Hyperbole much?

No. This is it. An entire month to prepare for this game. In bowl games when teams have this long to analyze and diagnose the opponent's strengths and weaknesses you really find out who the legit coaches are. If we don't come into this game well-coached and well-prepared then that will tell me all I need to know about Golden.

Hyperbole much?

No. This is it. An entire month to prepare for this game. In bowl games when teams have this long to analyze and diagnose the opponent's strengths and weaknesses you really find out who the legit coaches are. If we don't come into this game well-coached and well-prepared then that will tell me all I need to know about Golden.

Why would you expect anything different from this team?

Did we fire any coaches or change any staff members? No.

Are we getting important healthy players back? No (i.e. Duke Johnson).

My guess is unless you change the staff and/or the talent (i.e. healthy player comes back) the same result should be expected.

I think you will find all you need to know about Golden when spring football starts and the staff is set.

Advertisement
I am all in Al and companys corner, with that said Joe did tie his first ever bowl game...

we are facing a good team in Louisville...

My take is this

We play hard 4 qtrs. no turn overs few penalties and if we lose I will be okay..

if we throw pics fumble the ball, make mistakes miss tackles etc... I will be disappointed

they only way I get super ****ed is if we get blown out and our guys quit...
I always have concerns with juniors and seniors and how hard they play in meaningless games with a career in front of them.....

Hyperbole much?

According to your logic Jimmy Johnson sucked.

Hyperbole much?

According to your dumb argument Jimmy Johnson sucked.

FIFY

Advertisement
I am all in Al and companys corner, with that said Joe did tie his first ever bowl game...

we are facing a good team in Louisville...

My take is this

We play hard 4 qtrs. no turn overs few penalties and if we lose I will be okay..

if we throw pics fumble the ball, make mistakes miss tackles etc... I will be disappointed

they only way I get super ****ed is if we get blown out and our guys quit...
I always have concerns with juniors and seniors and how hard they play in meaningless games with a career in front of them.....

fortunately for us we dont have many of those to be concerned, so we can coiunt on a bunch of guys playing like its their last game ever

Hyperbole much?

Well, you are entitled to feel that way. Of course, your feelings and your opinion are utterly irrelevant in this case anyway. For you maybe "this is it", but for those who actually matter, make the decisions, and understand football, Al's not even close to being on the hot seat.

Great, more time to figure out news ways to lineup Shayon twenty yards away from the OL lined up on their best WR, and how to have the LBs play 8 yards off of the LOS on the goal line and then drop out of the end zone into coverage on the snap with their backs turned. I'm so excited.

Hyperbole much?

According to your logic Jimmy Johnson sucked.

Don't be a ****head

Advertisement
Back