We will beat FSU...hear me out

Have I totally taken leave of my good senses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like last years? Lol

I’ll go on record saying this again. Start Emory, will give them a fight, and might be surprised. We play TVD, we’re getting plowed.
We had like 10 guys injured last year and no QB. We have something of a QB with Emory and a way better OL and RB room. Defense is miles better. Also we’re not bringing Lucious Stanley out there anymore like we did last year. Imho we’ve got a 20% chance to win, if we start Emory.

Advertisement
I said yesterday 71-3 FSU, being generous that Miami would get close enough for a field goal.

A day later I'd say 41-10 FSU, but there's one nagging thing in my mind going into this contest. After losing 13-66 to Syracuse in 1998, I was through with Butch Davis. Again. I'd been through previous times, but I was really through this time. No Miami team had lost like that in modern history...there was no hope now. No light at the end of the tunnel. Yet a week later, we beat UCLA 49-45.

Granted, circumstances were different. The Miami offense hadn't broken down in such a fashion - and to be honest it's amazing that with all of the amassed talent, this is the fourth time in six years that we've fielded what was ultimately an anemic passing attack (2018, 2019, and 2022 being the others). Yet there's still the possibility that perhaps for one night, this offense can work.

Advertisement
the breakfast club wtf GIF by Power 105.1

Advertisement
We had like 10 guys injured last year and no QB. We have something of a QB with Emory and a way better OL and RB room. Defense is miles better. Also we’re not bringing Lucious Stanley out there anymore like we did last year. Imho we’ve got a 20% chance to win, if we start Emory.
I agree with that

I said yesterday 71-3 FSU, being generous that Miami would get close enough for a field goal.

A day later I'd say 41-10 FSU, but there's one nagging thing in my mind going into this contest. After losing 13-66 to Syracuse in 1998, I was through with Butch Davis. Again. I'd been through previous times, but I was really through this time. No Miami team had lost like that in modern history...there was no hope now. No light at the end of the tunnel. Yet a week later, we beat UCLA 49-45.

Granted, circumstances were different. The Miami offense hadn't broken down in such a fashion - and to be honest it's amazing that with all of the amassed talent, this is the fourth time in six years that we've fielded what was ultimately an anemic passing attack (2018, 2019, and 2022 being the others). Yet there's still the possibility that perhaps for one night, this offense can work.
If there’s a god out there let Miami ruin fsu season. They are all sinners up there

Advertisement
Like someone else here said, I want to believe - I really do - but I don’t. The truth is, this is the most concerned I’ve been over a FSU-Miami game in years. I can see exactly how this game will play out: The team will come out fired up and the defense will play well, then the offense will sputter, TVD will throw some picks, penalties will ensue, and eventually the D will run out of gas. Throw in the fact that the game is up there and FSU is looking to make a point and that’s why I’m worried. The biggest thing is the turnovers…we simply cannot have them. If we have 3-4 turnovers it’s going to get ugly.

And yes, In football, this season.

Maybe I'm into the egg nog way early, and/or my considerable testicular fortitude is spiked after watching Mr. McMahon power walking compilations on YouTube, but we are going to beat those trailer dwelling inbreds come November 11th. Now from what I understand from reading these boards, and I'll take your collective word for it as I'd rather ********** with a cheese grater than watch Florida Jabroni State play football, those garnet and gold garbagemen up north have been running extremely lucky this year, somewhat reminiscent of the Jameis Winterception years when they had giant horseshoes (among other things) jammed up their collective asses. The thing about luck, though, is it runs out at the worst of times, and what would be a worse time than the big rivalry game when the rival has spent the last few weeks stepping on their own ****s at every opportunity and no one thinks they have any chance. We do have enough defense to keep us in pretty much any game and without help from the refs Florida State couldn't score in a SE Asian whorehouse with a handful of hundreds. If we gets anything resembling competent QB play we have a shot here and I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if we pull this one out just because **** Mike Norvell, **** FSU, and **** Trailerhasse.

In conclusion, I'm picturing peak Mr. McMahon (and not his current version Vincente Kennedy Mustache) thundering into the mic "Mike Norvell, come November 11, you've got NO CHANCE IN **** (flips mic and power swaggers away)

It isn't egg nog btw, but it is some **** good homemade peanut punch.
Love your Enthusiasm, but I believe a snow Blizzard in Miami has a better chance for that outcome.

Advertisement
And yes, In football, this season.

Maybe I'm into the egg nog way early, and/or my considerable testicular fortitude is spiked after watching Mr. McMahon power walking compilations on YouTube, but we are going to beat those trailer dwelling inbreds come November 11th. Now from what I understand from reading these boards, and I'll take your collective word for it as I'd rather ********** with a cheese grater than watch Florida Jabroni State play football, those garnet and gold garbagemen up north have been running extremely lucky this year, somewhat reminiscent of the Jameis Winterception years when they had giant horseshoes (among other things) jammed up their collective asses. The thing about luck, though, is it runs out at the worst of times, and what would be a worse time than the big rivalry game when the rival has spent the last few weeks stepping on their own ****s at every opportunity and no one thinks they have any chance. We do have enough defense to keep us in pretty much any game and without help from the refs Florida State couldn't score in a SE Asian whorehouse with a handful of hundreds. If we gets anything resembling competent QB play we have a shot here and I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if we pull this one out just because **** Mike Norvell, **** FSU, and **** Trailerhasse.

In conclusion, I'm picturing peak Mr. McMahon (and not his current version Vincente Kennedy Mustache) thundering into the mic "Mike Norvell, come November 11, you've got NO CHANCE IN **** (flips mic and power swaggers away)

It isn't egg nog btw, but it is some **** good homemade peanut punch.

I've watched Florida State a lot this season.

They're a good team, but they are far from great—and aren't getting by a Georgia, a Michigan, an Ohio State, or probably even an Oregon at this rate.

Their defense is porous and if an opposing defense gets after Travis, it's a completely different team.

I won't go as hard in the paint as you are with this prediction, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Miami was able to get out of its own way and shows up this weekend.

All the pressure is on the Seminoles at 9-0 and the Hurricanes are a two touchdown dog playing for pride and to ruin a rival's season.

There isn't a massive talent gap between Miami and Florida State—outside of the fact their quarterback is playing lights out better than the Canes' right now.

Godforbid TVD taps into whatever he has in his DNA after losing up there in 2021, not getting to play in 2022 and this arguably being his last shot against Florida State—who he's never beaten while at Miami—this CAN be a winnable game.

Guidry needs to dial it up and get after Travis, Miami needs to win the turnover battle and Van Dyke needs to at least be "pretty good" opposed to "full blown liability" as he's been these past three starts.

The only way Miami even has a chance to win is to run the ball 50 times with Fletcher and Chaney. OL has to pound the **** out of FSU front 7. No turnovers. Just grind their asses and play keep away.

Won't happen. Just saying.

Clemson’s QB has been bad but even he hasn’t reached the low TVD has. Miami is about to send either a broken QB or a true freshman into the lions den. Little different situation.
I love our defense but we will have to score points. Probably in the 30s

And we will probably have to come from behind to do it since FSU starts fast and we will try to ground and pound

It has to be a big performance from the QB there’s just no way around it

Shame is their secondary is beatable too

I've watched Florida State a lot this season.

They're a good team, but they are far from great—and aren't getting by a Georgia, a Michigan, an Ohio State, or probably even an Oregon at this rate.

Their defense is porous and if an opposing defense gets after Travis, it's a completely different team.

I won't go as hard in the paint as you are with this prediction, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Miami was able to get out of its own way and shows up this weekend.

All the pressure is on the Seminoles at 9-0 and the Hurricanes are a two touchdown dog playing for pride and to ruin a rival's season.

There isn't a massive talent gap between Miami and Florida State—outside of the fact their quarterback is playing lights out better than the Canes' right now.

Godforbid TVD taps into whatever he has in his DNA after losing up there in 2021, not getting to play in 2022 and this arguably being his last shot against Florida State—who he's never beaten while at Miami—this CAN be a winnable game.

Guidry needs to dial it up and get after Travis, Miami needs to win the turnover battle and Van Dyke needs to at least be "pretty good" opposed to "full blown liability" as he's been these past three starts.

Lmao none of this otherwise good post applies if TVD starts. Let’s stop being silly as a fan base collectively for a minute. You *cannot* trot out a QB that has thrown as many interceptions as he has in the previous 3 games. He shouldn’t have even started last game, as myself and others on this board called out (and were crucified for).

Starting TVD should be a fireable offense. Ofc it won’t be, but he will lose the team, and the fans, and any recruiting momentum fumes that are left.

Advertisement
Back