We tried to tell u mother****ers!!!

My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

D’Eriq King....you are a sick individual. Enjoy him and be thankful he’s here.

Go Canes. 6-1 feels good!

Advertisement
After the past 15 years, what I appreciate the most are King’s intangibles. He is consistent in everything he does.

Consistent is a great word. It’s like he’s literally at work. He doesn’t get too up. He doesn’t get too down. He just plays ball. He is literally the antithesis and polar opposite of the kid we had manning his position last year and EXACTLY what this team needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
2nd &18 throw to Harley on the go ahead drive was a big **** throw. Happy for the young man, played his *** off tonight.

He made a lot of grey thesis tonight but that was his best. Literally 4 Wolfpack defenders around Harley and he dropped a dime. He won’t play in the NFL but **** I would love to have King here for one more year

My fellow canes brethren. I never, ever come on this board after a game. But god**** man....y’all need to put some respect on this kid’s name. Me and @Liberty City El and a few others on this board tried to tell y’all all summer....THIS KID IS THE ******* TRUTH MAN!!

I’ll admit, through 6 games I was about 1% disappointed in his play. And I am NOT saying he was bad, not even close. But this is what I expected from the jump. This is what this kid is capable of, clearly. This is what I saw at Houston, this is what I knew he could do with Lashlee and some Miami skill kids around him. This is why we tried to tell y’all this is not a game changer. This is a PROGRAM changer. He is elite, dynamic, absurdly good and so **** fun to watch.

So yes. We got some holes on this team. We got some issues on defense. Manny might suck, Baker might suck, blah blah blah. But, if you’re a true fan of this program and of this sport, just appreciate the ******* **** out of this kid. Enjoy those 3.5 hours you get to watch him ball out for the program you love. Because he’s special and we’re probably not gonna see one like him for a long time.

One of the very best individual performances I’ve seen by a kid wearing this uniform in 30 years of following this program closer than I follow my family. So no matter what has happened to this point, and no matter what happens from now until the end of the season....ESPECIALLY with the climate of the world right now...enjoy this kid and put some god**** respect on his name.

D’Eriq King....you are a sick individual. Enjoy him and be thankful he’s here.

Go Canes. 6-1 feels good!
Game changer absolutely. But for him to be a program changer he would have to surprise everyone and come back next season. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I actually could see it happening with him.

I had him winning the Heisman back in August.

If he can keep on playing like this the rest of the season he may have a chance.

Advertisement
you really would be hard pressed to mope about him...you just can't deny the sheer will to win, to compete.
is he perfect - no...deep ball needs work and reads aren't always the right ones...but kid is an absolute gamer and backs it up and you can't really measure those things...he's just a winner and we are so used to having loser after loser at the position.
100% think we'd have 2 more losses than we do right now without him...

After the past 15 years, what I appreciate the most are King’s intangibles. He is consistent in everything he does.
There was a moment caught on camera where he and Lashlee were rehashing the previous drive. You saw 2 people who were on the same page and discussing what they saw. King's IQ is considerably above any QB we have had in quite awhile.

Advertisement
Back